Three Items and a way out

Seshi

Create a scenario (real or fantasy based) and give the user below you 3 items to use in escaping or surviving your scenario.

They must then type out their plan using those three items to make their escape/ survive the scenario.

—————————-

You’ve just boarded a boat as a prisoner, only to find that it had a hole and it will be sunk in 1hr. I’ve given you 💊💎🗝~ use them wisely

I'd administer the poison to the guard, plug the hole with the diamond, use the key to unlock the door, move around the ship like Snake from the original Metal Gear Solid, find an empty lifeboat and make my getaway.

-

I can't seem to come up with a scenario at the moment, so I'll pass my turn to anyone who wants to create one ...

• Creative 1

You are we’re just admit to the hospital, for grave injuries, but the zombie apocalypse breaks out, turning everyone but you in the hospital into zombies and the hospital grounds outside are also infested with zombies.

You must escape the hospital and slip past all the zombies in two hours.

You have a paper knife, hand mirror, and a lighter.

Thanks for the lighter. I’ll take that to the hospitals fire security system and cause it to rain throughout the hospital, amidst the confusion caused by the rain, and allowing my scent to be masked, I’ll move slowly and carefully (not to raise suspicion) and find the nearest window through which to escape. I’ll use my mirror to see if there is an opening in the courtyard and make a run for my car.

Scenario 1: there is no opening for the window I’ve chosen. Repeat process until I find another window with an opening (free of zombies).

Scenario 2: the first window I chose had an opening and there were no zombies in the area of the courtyard, letting me run freely to my car and make my escape.

———————————————

You’ve just arrived on an island for vacation, taking your own boat and your fiancé (who is pampered and doesn’t know how to fend for herself)

Once arriving you realize you’ve chosen the wrong island for your vacation.. it wasn’t on the map so you thought you’d check it out.

The villagers greet you upon arrival and request that you dine with them. You’re about to dig in when you realize they are eating human fingers.

You came with some cash, a watch, and your fiancé 🤣🤣🤣 try and escape.

Edited by Seshi

I would fake illness, so that I could leave, without arousing too much suspicion.

While fiancé is asleep, leave her behind, without making a sound, as she is a liability to me.

Assuming the watch is not one with a digital face, I would utilize that as a compass, after determining the night before whether I found Polaris or the Southern Cross, and make my way back to the boat.

Scenario 1a: boat has a modern engine, I would start up the boat and leave everything behind, using the money to start a new life.

Scenario 1b: boat requires fuel, so I attempt to use burn my money, but frustrated, I decide to find a way to manually maneuver it, since the money is not plentiful enough to figure out aerodynamics, thus allowing in to be used a sail.

Scenario 2: boat has no engine, row out there, before the natives realize I had escaped, and, like earlier, use the money to start a new life.

———————————-——————————————

You are in an air tight room that is about to fill up with water.

you are to escape before you drown.

You have nitroglycerin, toluene, and a match.

Edited by brycec

7 hours ago, Seshi said:

I was just surprised by your creativity. Come up with a scenario for me to try?

You crash land on an uninhabited island, you have with you a pocket knife, a handful of rubber bands and a lighter, the island will sink in 24 hours, what do you do?

• 1 month later...

Hey @Banri

Let me give it a go.

On 4/19/2019 at 5:53 PM, Banri said:

You crash land on an uninhabited island, you have with you a pocket knife, a handful of rubber bands and a lighter, the island will sink in 24 hours, what do you do?

Since I’ve crash landed, I scavenge the wreckage for food/ water. Once acquired, I use a rubber band to keep my supplies bundled. 

After resting and regaining strength from eating, I use my surroundings, and pocket knife to makeshift a raft, creating a fire with my lighter to work in the dark if necessary. Once my raft had been tested, I rest near my raft until the time I need to set sail before the island sinks.

————-

You have been in prison for the last 5 years, when you are released a gang has you drugged and kidnapped in order for you to work for them. You wake up tied to a chair, watched by one guard. You have a pen in your pocket, a razor blade in your boot (old habits) and an apple watch. Use them wisely 

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

1 hour ago, Seshi said:

You have been in prison for the last 5 years, when you are released a gang has you drugged and kidnapped in order for you to work for them. You wake up tied to a chair, watched by one guard. You have a pen in your pocket, a razor blade in your boot (old habits) and an apple watch. Use them wisely 

Once I'd woke up, I'd study my surroundings, examine the situation.

The chair I'm tied to is old, I see the guard looking away so I bring my leg up and with all my strength I kick the back leg of the chair out and I fall over, the guard comes rushing over, he grabs me by my shirt and looks at me closely and says "do you think that was clever, you little sh**?" to which I nut him in the face giving him a broken nose, he runs out of the room.

I quickly bend my arms and body and become released from the chair, I reach into my boot and pull the blade out, I cut the rope.

I look behind me and see an open window, I stick my head out and see I'm on the 3rd floor of the building, knowing that if I jump out I'd probably not survive, I look to my left and see the drain, I reach out, wrap myself around the drain using my belt, and begin to shuffle down the drain.

I reach the ground, finding myself in an alley way, I hear a voice shout "HEY! YOU!" I look around but can't see anyone, I look up and it's one of the guards, I leg it away.

I make it to safety.

(would that work, @Seshi ^_^ )

-

You wake up on a speeding bus that can't stop because if it does it'll explode, you have a mobile phone, a strong magnet and a spring, the phone rings, what do you do?

Well you weren’t given a belt, but since you put yourself on the 3rd floor I guess you can have a freebie to go with that.

——-

Guess is answer it. Let’s play a game.

On the other end of the phone what do you say?

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

51 minutes ago, Wedgy said:

I suppose I could drive the bus off-road, ease off the throttle and slow the bus to almost a crawl to extend the life of the fuel. Wedge the magnet under the throttle to keep it in place and maintain the speed. At a slower speed I could then exit the vehicle safely and use the mobile phone to call in a bomb squad and hopefully deactivate it before it blows.

Awesome!

Would you by any chance have a three items and a way out for me, please? ^_^

Edited by Banri

4 hours ago, Wedgy said:

Alright.

You're a miner in the 1860s working on the construction of a ventilation shaft. It's roughly only 150 meters deep and about 10 meters in diameter, but this early in its construction it is essentially just a hole. There is a building at the top of the shaft which is used to raise and lower hoists to get debris out, and also has a pump system to remove ground water. You as well as a dozen other miners are lowered into the shaft and are set to work. However, soon after you begin, a leaky lantern up above filled the hoist house with naphtha and blew it sky high. Things begin to fall into the shaft, including several freshly sharpened drill bits, the hoist mechanism, and then debris from the building itself. The water pump was also destroyed, and the shaft begins to flood with water. You were lucky to be unharmed by the falling items, but now the shaft is not only filled with debris and your less fortunate acquaintances, but is rapidly flooding with groundwater and natural gas which is dangerous to breathe in. In addition, you carry on your person a shovel, a pair of goggles, and your lunch, which is a hearty portion of hard-boiled eggs and meat pie contained in a biscuit tin and wrapped in a handkerchief.

Hmm, this is a difficult one if all I have is a shovel, goggles and a lunch, unless can I use the debris? if so I'd remove a piece of clothing to wrap around my mouth/nose, use the goggles to keep the cloth in place, collect the drill bits, use the shovel to hammer the drill bits into the wall to create a ledge i can use to climb out of the hole, when i reach the top I'd climb out, rest and eat my lunch

-

You wake up on a raft, in the middle of the ocean, scared and confused, a ship passes by and pirates kidnap you, your locked in a room with the pocket knife the pirate dropped on his way out of the room, a mobile phone with a dead battery and a lighter.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

6 hours ago, Banri said:

Hmm, this is a difficult one if all I have is a shovel, goggles and a lunch, unless can I use the debris? if so I'd remove a piece of clothing to wrap around my mouth/nose, use the goggles to keep the cloth in place, collect the drill bits, use the shovel to hammer the drill bits into the wall to create a ledge i can use to climb out of the hole, when i reach the top I'd climb out, rest and eat my lunch

-

You wake up on a raft, in the middle of the ocean, scared and confused, a ship passes by and pirates kidnap you, your locked in a room with the pocket knife the pirate dropped on his way out of the room, a mobile phone with a dead battery and a lighter.

I love the fact that you thought to cover your mouth with something to avoid breathing in the harmful gas, I wouldn’t have thought about that so readily, probably not until I was suffering. The lunch. Was wrapped in a bandana, so you could have used that. @Wedgy looked out for you with that cleverly hidden item 😉

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

1 minute ago, Seshi said:

I love the fact that you thought to cover your mouth with something to avoid breathing in the harmful gas, I wouldn’t have thought about that so readily, probably not until I was suffering. The lunch. Was wrapped in a bandana, so you could have used that. @Wedgy looked out for you with that cleverly hidden item 😉

When I was coming up with that way out, I couldn't place why a piece of clothing (or in this case the bandanna) was in my mind, now I know why, subliminal messaging ^_^

• Funny 1

12 hours ago, Banri said:

Use lighter to burn down the door, and attempt to escape.

upon encountering enemy pirates, use pocket knife to slit their throats, so they have troubles breathing.

Once I get on deck, making sure all the pirates are dead, check how much battery life I have on the phone and:

1. If able, send out a distress messages with enough detail to find me.

2. If phone is dead, use lighter to create smoke signal.

______

You find yourself on a hijacked plane, with five passengers slain by the hijackers already. You have freshly brewed coffee, a hardback book, and a pistol with one bullet in the chamber.

With the aim to save the rest of the passengers, I'd approach the hijackers, throw the boiling hot coffee over them (what a waste of good coffee), then proceed to knock them out using the force of the hardback book, turn to the hijackers still at the control of the plane, use the bullet to take him out, remove him from the seat and proceed the take control, as I call for help one of the hijackers was actually a passenger hiding in the crowd of people, without knowning what was about to happen next he begins to approach the cockpit and picks the book up, approaching me to knock me out with the book, what he didn't know was not only could i see him in the reflection of the window, i still had the pistol sitting on my lap, in a split second i grab the pistol and turn around and throw it directly towards his head knocking him out, I get back to safely landing the plane.

-------

You wake up on the escalator which is on the side of a sky scraper, (you know the one that the window cleaners use), the wind is blowing gale force winds, you wake up and the escalator wont move, you have a pocket knife, a lighter and a mobile phone which has no charge, all of a sudden one of the cables snap leaving you dangling inside the cage.