Any Flower experts?

Sakura

So I just moved into my new place and these flowers are coming up in my garden and I can't figure out what they are and I'm really curious if anyone has any idea? I did a little research and they could be a tulip or some type of lily, but I thought I'd try my luck and see if anyone around here might know some things about plants and be able to identify them since they haven't bloomed and they are coming up all over my yard/garden area. 

Any ideas? It appears to be two different types.

spacer.png  spacer.png

spacer.png  spacer.png

If there is anyone who knows that straight away it would be great.

If not:

Spoiler

Technically I should know this, but I don't. However, if you give me some more information I might tell you the species. So, I assume you live in the US? (if you don't want to share that info just ignore it, I'll just assume US). If they really are flowers and they currently carry flowers take a picture of the flower (this makes things a lot easier). If you can/want to take one of the plants out and take a picture of the whole plant from the side and from above, then take just one of the leaves and take a picture of it from both sides. Given that info and an identification key, it is possible to figure out exactly what species it is.

Edited by Illusion of Terra
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

Nice yard.

They look like they have the potential to become really pretty flowers! I hope you’ve got some daffodils DC1224C8-56A2-4803-A6EC-7942C495D182.jpeg.2ab3ee9abf78c63b5ae19fa0623876ca.jpeg 😍

Might be more likely to have a weed like I’ve gotten. I still pick them though, since they are so abundant 

584EEC47-4BEF-4E3F-B0A3-C4D09FDBF76E.jpeg

Edit: I re-read your post and realized you moved in after someone had a garden. It appears they planted some flowers intentionally so you’ve probably got some classic spring flowers on your hands. Very beautiful!!!

Edited by Seshi
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Illusion of Terra said:

If there is anyone who knows that straight away it would be great.

If not:

Hide contents

Technically I should know this, but I don't. However, if you give me some more information I might tell you the species. So, I assume you live in the US? (if you don't want to share that info just ignore it, I'll just assume US). If they really are flowers and they currently carry flowers take a picture of the flower (this makes things a lot easier). If you can/want to take one of the plants out and take a picture of the whole plant from the side and from above, then take just one of the leaves and take a picture of it from both sides. Given that info and an identification key, it is possible to figure out exactly what species it is.

I do live in the US, in Kentucky. There are no flowers or any type of blooms on the plant yet that is why I couldn't figure out any additional information on it since it would be a lot easier with at least a bloom to go off of.

I can take some pictures of them tomorrow since it's almost dark out now and the lighting wouldn't be good :/ 

@Seshi - Thanks and I hope so! I hope they at least bloom even though they do look pretty without it. I love daffodils! My mom has a bunch of those in her yard but I haven't seen any in my yard yet ;c

7 minutes ago, Seshi said:

Let us know when you find out 😍 they are so nice. I wish someone would plant flowers for me 🤣 I don’t have a green thumb at all

I don't either. I bought one flower this year which you can kind of see in one of the above pictures. I decided if I can keep it alive I'll buy a few more lol. I've never been able to even keep a cactus alive which is so strange since both of my parents are huge plant people. My dad even studied botany for a bit in college. Did not rub off at all lol.

• Like 1

@Sofi Taking a look at the photos of your garden flowers you have growing for me they don't seem formiller so I apologize I can't be much help. :?However My parents have a garden and grow types of Tulips and Lily's so if I ask plus take a look at there garden again maybe I can help you out possibly. I myself don't know much about garden but still would love to learn and have one since I really love nature also plants. 🌱Though living in an apartment has only certain things you can do or have for those things plus having a cat that's very curious well. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HanaApril said:

@Sofi Taking a look at the photos of your garden flowers you have growing for me they don't seem formiller so I apologize I can't be much help. :?However My parents have a garden and grow types of Tulips and Lily's so if I ask plus take a look at there garden again maybe I can help you out possibly. I myself don't know much about garden but still would love to learn and have one since I really love nature also plants. 🌱Though living in an apartment has only certain things you can do or have for those things plus having a cat that's very curious well. 

They didn't to me either, the closest thing I have compared them to so far is a lily, and still no blooms on them. Since tulips are already blooming I kind of ruled those out. 

Oh wow, that's interesting. I still think they look closely related to tulips whatever they are but I have no idea anymore there is so many possibilities lol.

5 hours ago, Seshi said:

So one of my friends is a farmer, and she said based on your second photo you’ve got some Iris flowers.

898EE970-52B0-4F77-BC8F-2453A7F02831.jpeg

I hope so! That would be sooooooo pretty if it bloomed like that - even more so if it was purple spacer.png

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 4:52 PM, Seshi said:

So one of my friends is a farmer, and she said based on your second photo you’ve got some Iris flowers.

898EE970-52B0-4F77-BC8F-2453A7F02831.jpeg

My parents have a bunch of those in there garden right now. I can show a picture of them perhaps today or  sometime soon of them as well take other photos of my parents garden if anyone wants to see~

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HanaApril said:

My parents have a bunch of those in there garden right now. I can show a picture of them perhaps today or  sometime soon of them as well take other photos of my parents garden if anyone wants to see~

I'd love to see! I love pictures of flowers and gardens 

1 hour ago, HanaApril said:

These are photos I took today of my parents garden out front of there house, also I'm not a professional~ :?

1471076955_Ribbetcollage.jpg.c689035acef7d70df90b76662ed77843.jpg         aaaa.jpg.7cea3193942ba686eb014fe7ad58e746.jpg

Those are sooooo pretty and look amazing ❤️❤️

1 hour ago, HanaApril said:

@Sofi Thank you kindly I appreciate it~

You are welcome ^^ and did you get the icons that I sent? The conversation seemed to be messing  up and I wasn't sure it sent.

8 hours ago, HanaApril said:

@Sofi Oh I did not get them sorry I delete the conversation since I wanted to keep  my messages clean. So I guess that means maybe you can't send anything back and I can't receive it. You can message me again if you like, I apologize. 

That's okay, no worries. I messaged them back to you in another conversation.