• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Reviving the Random Rant!!

I'm a little mortified. (oxymoron I know) but anyway - I washed my smartphone at the sink and it stopped working properly. Now before you laugh, it's supposed to be waterproof. :P Sony Xperia Z. I've done this before many times, but I think what happened is that there may have been a crack somewhere as I do recall dropping it a few times...

Trying the old rice trick for now.

Reviving the Random Rant!!

I'm a little mortified. (oxymoron I know) but anyway - I washed my smartphone at the sink and it stopped working properly. Now before you laugh, it's supposed to be waterproof. :P Sony Xperia Z. I've done this before many times, but I think what happened is that there may have been a crack somewhere as I do recall dropping it a few times...

Trying the old rice trick for now.

Wow even if I had a water proof phone I wouldn't be washing it! Did you get it to work again?

Yeah mostly... Just the power button is a little hit and miss and it doesn't vibrate as much as it used to. Otherwise it's working pretty good. :D

Sent from my C6603 using AN Community Forums mobile app

Ok, I'm so called back after a long disappearance. Was just supposed to install a program on my Dad's CPU, turns out his optical disk drive was spoiled and luckily we had a old dead CPU. Had to switch the ODD from one to another and switching the RAM as well. My dad's CPU was still running on 256MB, help him switched to a 512 from the spoilt CPU. better than nothing

• Like 1

Random Rant; I think The Netherlands is skipping winter this year! It did not snow nor freeze at all this winter season. The weather is getting sunny and I think spring will be here soon!

Coincidentally I'm guessing you didn't get to wear your scarf, coat or winter boots as often right? ;)

Coincidentally I'm guessing you didn't get to wear your scarf, coat or winter boots as often right? ;)

Correct! I do wear my uggs during cold-ish weather but that is because it is so comfy! Not even a scarf once this winter. =)

Random Rant: I wish I could open my own cake shop and let it be like a cafe that serves cake and drinks/coffee/tea and let my cats be part of it too for people who want to cuddle cats. Optic what have you done to me? xD

• Like 1

Correct! I do wear my uggs during cold-ish weather but that is because it is so comfy! Not even a scarf once this winter. =)

Random Rant: I wish I could open my own cake shop and let it be like a cafe that serves cake and drinks/coffee/tea and let my cats be part of it too for people who want to cuddle cats. Optic what have you done to me? xD

You know in Japan they have cafes where you can eat with the cafe's cats? They have lots of play toys in the cafe for the cats. Each cat also have their own selected menu that they would like you to try. Its cute :) Yeah, so many people want to open cafes nowadays, I think I wouldn't mind opening one up either. It would definitely have to sell cakes and chocolates and iced chocolates haha.

It seems like opening a café is the hip thing to do these days. :D if you gals ever get enough capital and have a solid business plan and a good area, then sure, why not? :)

My random rant... glad it's the weekend. Had a 12 hour shift yesterday at work due to a 25th anniversay event the College was commemorating. Now to work on Gundam SEED content based on feedback from @@Fab and @@Moster82..

Busy week next week, have military parades for two days followed by a MSER competition which consists of a 5km run with 6 different obstacle or stations to complete

Damn that sounds brutal... you must be uber fit Fab :P

Kind of a disappointing day today. I thought Alex had the day off due to Labour Day but then his work changed his mind and called him this morning to go to work :( at least he gets free pizza but he is kinda down he didn't get the day off. On the bright side, got to go to the movies last night and got to see Vampire Academy with my best friend. It is good I have been able to go out more lately with friends.

Understood Fab. Though.. out of curiosity, who do you think is more fit? You or @@Moster82 ? Or about the same? :P

My random rant: 66 days (9 weeks, 3 days) until Japan trip...

Well, according to our annual fitness test, we both got silver, but if I'm not wrong, @@Moster82 is excused on certain stations like chin up so thats why I'm better in. But if you talk about overall fitness, maybe me as I'm still running regularly while I believe he only trains when his annual test is coming up. Get him to post his test results and we can do a comparison, although most of the time we just do the bare minimum to get the specific award.

Kind of a disappointing day today. I thought Alex had the day off due to Labour Day but then his work changed his mind and called him this morning to go to work :( at least he gets free pizza but he is kinda down he didn't get the day off. On the bright side, got to go to the movies last night and got to see Vampire Academy with my best friend. It is good I have been able to go out more lately with friends.

How was the movie?

You know in Japan they have cafes where you can eat with the cafe's cats? They have lots of play toys in the cafe for the cats. Each cat also have their own selected menu that they would like you to try. Its cute :) Yeah, so many people want to open cafes nowadays, I think I wouldn't mind opening one up either. It would definitely have to sell cakes and chocolates and iced chocolates haha.

Yeah I knew that about the Cat Cafe in Japan, that's where I got the idea from. It really seems like a dream job to me, next to that I really want to take care of stray cats =)

Random rant: Gosh I love tea so much! I drink like 2 liters of tea every day.

Yeah I knew that about the Cat Cafe in Japan, that's where I got the idea from. It really seems like a dream job to me, next to that I really want to take care of stray cats =)

Random rant: Gosh I love tea so much! I drink like 2 liters of tea every day.

It will be your dream job. I look forward to seeing you opening it!

Ahh the last few days have been hectic. I have to change most of my subjects at university since I had my first classes for the year yesterday and found out that my uni decided that postgraduate journalism subjects would be the same as the undergraduate subjects and that they would be suitable for those who had never studied journalism before. This has put me in a new dilemma since I will have to find a new major (luckily I didn't do any journalism subjects last trimester, only professional writing) but there doesn't seem to be much to major in my course besides from advertising, professional writing and PR. PR I am useless at so it seems like professional writing would be the choice but still, there are no job prospects and I hoped majoring in Journalism in my Masters would look good for other journalism companies. Oh well.

I had a busy day today so far though. I woke up early this morning to complete a short job trial at a cafe near my apartment. It went well and they were so lovely and gave me free food and a free iced chocolate. I will find out if I have this casual job next week. Hopefully I do. I know its not much but its hard to get a professional job, let alone a waitress job. The job market in Australia is crazy currently. But at least I could say that working at the cafe was better than supermarket work.

hahaha @@Fab yea la u more fit la... hahaha but overall fitness i believe i more fit than u when i in camp cos my officer hardcore... he pushes us to run and gym a lot lol... to be 'examples' for the men... lololol anyway now i barely passing my ippt xD

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AN Community Forums mobile app

• Like 1