RANDOM RANT!

NightDancer

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little (a lot) annoyed with my manager at work at the moment. My work contract is 6 hours per week (I spent 15 months unemployed before snagging this, I was grateful to get that much) but it seems that my manager can't get his shit together at all. I'm working 37 hours this week because he failed at securing cover for members of staff who booked holiday, because he "thought it was next month".

Don't get me wrong I'm loving the money I'll be picking up from it, but still. I had plans. As usual, whenever I make plans, something comes along and craps on them.

I'm a little (a lot) annoyed with my manager at work at the moment. My work contract is 6 hours per week (I spent 15 months unemployed before snagging this, I was grateful to get that much) but it seems that my manager can't get his shit together at all. I'm working 37 hours this week because he failed at securing cover for members of staff who booked holiday, because he "thought it was next month".

Don't get me wrong I'm loving the money I'll be picking up from it, but still. I had plans. As usual, whenever I make plans, something comes along and craps on them.

I understand your frustrations very much. I used to work in a supermarket as a casual for three years and a lot of the time we did have a lot of staff on holidays and sometimes the service manager failed to cover those shifts until the very last minute so there would be some pressure for us casuals to do the extra work. I'm sorry that you had plans and couldn't do them due to work. I used to have that all the time. It used to be hard organising things with friends because I knew that my supermarket job could call me up any second and ask me to work. I was thinking the other day how great it is to no longer work there anymore, I finally know when I am free to see people and I don't have to worry about being called up for work.

15 months unemployed is a long time but I am glad you finally got a job :) I haven't had a job now for three months but it was my own choice to quit due to how bad the environment was at my work place. Hopefully I will get another job soon though :) I would be grateful too just to have a job with little hours as well cause at least it is something. I hope your manager becomes more organised in the future!

It will be your dream job. I look forward to seeing you opening it!

Ahh the last few days have been hectic. I have to change most of my subjects at university since I had my first classes for the year yesterday and found out that my uni decided that postgraduate journalism subjects would be the same as the undergraduate subjects and that they would be suitable for those who had never studied journalism before. This has put me in a new dilemma since I will have to find a new major (luckily I didn't do any journalism subjects last trimester, only professional writing) but there doesn't seem to be much to major in my course besides from advertising, professional writing and PR. PR I am useless at so it seems like professional writing would be the choice but still, there are no job prospects and I hoped majoring in Journalism in my Masters would look good for other journalism companies. Oh well.

I had a busy day today so far though. I woke up early this morning to complete a short job trial at a cafe near my apartment. It went well and they were so lovely and gave me free food and a free iced chocolate. I will find out if I have this casual job next week. Hopefully I do. I know its not much but its hard to get a professional job, let alone a waitress job. The job market in Australia is crazy currently. But at least I could say that working at the cafe was better than supermarket work.

Free iced chocolate, that really sounds like something for you! Where they good? =D

My work contract is 6 hours per week (I spent 15 months unemployed before snagging this, I was grateful to get that much) but it seems that my manager can't get his shit together at all.

I'm guessing you're on a weekly/fortnightly roster?

I used to work in a casual job which had rostered hours, being on full-time work for almost 3 years now I see pros and cons to both.. it's nice to have the certainty with full-time hours but then you have to share the peak hours in shopping, services, traffic (before and after work between the usual 9-5 workers). Plus it gets grindy...

Whereas on causal, the overtime money can be really good especially on public holidays but yeah harder to plan things and as you say, the unexpected call ins can put a damper on plans. But it was nice having gaps as doing things outside peak was great.

Free iced chocolate, that really sounds like something for you! Where they good? =D

Yeah they were good. I enjoyed working there and found it a lot better and less stressful than Coles but I am doubtful if I got the job. Em was very surprised that they didn't tell me that I had the job after the trial. At her cafe, if someone got a trial they had obviously gotten the job and all staff would be asked for their opinions on that person. I didn't really get any of that. The manager liked me but the owner wasn't there on that day and there were other trials and other people that the owner may have already talked to about hiring and they're only looking for two people. Pretty unfortunate but what can I do? I know if I don't get the job there was nothing more I could have done to have gotten it.

I really hope you got the job Caroline!

Random Rant: The weather is messed up. Last few days it was 18 Degrees Celcius, now it's below 10 and all grey and lots of fog! O.o next week it will start to snow??

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van AN Community Forums

Just come back home from Anime Club. It went well, its good that I have so many friends there again and that people have seemed to have moved on from past events (especially since two people who hated me the most are gone yay!) I didn't get to stay for the whole thing since I hang out with Ryan beforehand so he drove me there and he felt tired and sick so he had to drive me home, it was easier than taking two trams home. Anyway, I got to watch two anime. Log Horizon and Servant X Service. I will have to watch the other three anime in my own time.

Just come back home from Anime Club. It went well, its good that I have so many friends there again and that people have seemed to have moved on from past events (especially since two people who hated me the most are gone yay!) I didn't get to stay for the whole thing since I hang out with Ryan beforehand so he drove me there and he felt tired and sick so he had to drive me home, it was easier than taking two trams home. Anyway, I got to watch two anime. Log Horizon and Servant X Service. I will have to watch the other three anime in my own time.

Oh that's great that you are going there again! I'm glad people got over it, so that you can have fun there again! =) What are the animes about?

Oh that's great that you are going there again! I'm glad people got over it, so that you can have fun there again! =) What are the animes about?

Log Horizon is similar to Sword Art Online with a few differences such as they can't die in Log Horizon since they just get reborn again. So far I prefer SAO. The other anime I mentioned are about people working in an office where they try to help the public with their problems. The main character is just working at the office because she wants revenge on a staff member that worked there that allowed her parents to let them name her a very very very long name because they could not decide what to name her. There are other animes showing but I haven't watched them yet since I had to leave early.

Log Horizon is similar to Sword Art Online with a few differences such as they can't die in Log Horizon since they just get reborn again. So far I prefer SAO. The other anime I mentioned are about people working in an office where they try to help the public with their problems. The main character is just working at the office because she wants revenge on a staff member that worked there that allowed her parents to let them name her a very very very long name because they could not decide what to name her. There are other animes showing but I haven't watched them yet since I had to leave early.

Log Horizon sounds interesting and more like a real game we play nowadays since you just re spawn there too.

Random Rant; Almost weekend! <3

Random Rant: Whenever I use this app it automatically says in Dutch with each post that I used this app and that it's an iPhone 5 O.o

Random Rant: Whenever I use this app it automatically says in Dutch with each post that I used this app and that it's an iPhone 5 o_O

Ah yes there should be an option in the App settings to disable the device signature. :)

Ah yes there should be an option in the App settings to disable the device signature. :)

Ah I should find that out then! At least that way you do know it works haha =)

Random Rant: Monday, can't wait for the weekend! xD

Had someone I knew pass away. Not someone I knew directly but knew who she was. Seems like her lost had lead to many around me feeling broken. Gotta find some ways to cheer them up

Had someone I knew pass away. Not someone I knew directly but knew who she was. Seems like her lost had lead to many around me feeling broken. Gotta find some ways to cheer them up

I'm sorry to hear that Fab =( Hope they will feel better soon!

I'm sorry to hear that Fab =( Hope they will feel better soon!

Thanks Lindsay.

get well soon fabby

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AN Community Forums mobile app

Not I affected why I get well soon eh?

Random Rant: Officially set to fly overseas soon

My phone doesn't seem to work anymore =(

Oh? It's pretty new isn't it? Time for a warranty claim? :(

I know the feeling. Back when I used to do volunteer work with the Ambulance Service one of our members passed away, I didn't know him very well but did attend his funeral along with the rest of the unit in uniform. It is a sombre feeling... his wife also was at the same unit, so it took several months before his wife would return back to service.

I think just being there more often for those around you is the best way you can help out, time permitting of course..

Oh? It's pretty new isn't it? Time for a warranty claim? :(

I know the feeling. Back when I used to do volunteer work with the Ambulance Service one of our members passed away, I didn't know him very well but did attend his funeral along with the rest of the unit in uniform. It is a sombre feeling... his wife also was at the same unit, so it took several months before his wife would return back to service.

I think just being there more often for those around you is the best way you can help out, time permitting of course..

It's almost two years old (iPhone 5) but Lucas made it work again! Sadly I lost all my chat history on whatsapp =( It didn't want to make a backup on my iCloud, that made me feel sad.

It's almost two years old (iPhone 5) but Lucas made it work again! Sadly I lost all my chat history on whatsapp =( It didn't want to make a backup on my iCloud, that made me feel sad.

WhatsApp from memory lets you export the conversation as a text file, you could then save that in cloud storage as a backup. A little cubersome but the option is there. ^^

My random rant: weekend at last.

Warning, caps:

I MUST MUST MUST FINISH WRITING THIS GUNDAM SEED EPISODE GUIDE THIS WEEKEND!!! xD