RANDOM RANT!

NightDancer

I think Australians get some really good discounts, its cause the price of living is really high in Australia. Also the restaurant was called Los Argentinos.

Isn't it a Argentina restaurant then? =) We have one here in my city as well with that name and it's an Argentina restaurant. First time it was pretty nice but now =(

Random rant: 30 degrees celcius here, I'm melting xD Not normal for The Netherlands.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it a Argentina restaurant then? =) We have one here in my city as well with that name and it's an Argentina restaurant. First time it was pretty nice but now =(

Random rant: 30 degrees celcius here, I'm melting xD Not normal for The Netherlands.

Very confusing most of their food is Mexican food, they're also branded as a Mexican restaurant. The only non-Mexican things they have are their desserts which are South American inspired.

WHOO so excited, just found out that the cat cafe will be opening soon in Melbourne. They are also doing online bookings but unfortunately their site crashed due to it being too busy so I haven't been able to make a booking yet :( I reckon it will take a while before I can go there since it will be highly popular.

Oh I had to tell Coles I wouldn't be available to work those days. I don't get paid leave or anything since I didn't have regular shifts.

Finally got the power bill after waiting nine months... got nine months worth of bills. $742.27... should get a discount cause I am a concession holder unfortunately the bill was under my house mate's name so I had to call up and resign up under my name so I could get a cheaper bill, sigh. They were so unorganised! I cannot believe it would take them nine months to be able to figure out our bills.... since at first they thought they couldn't find the meter or measure the power we were using so I don't even know how accurate this bill could even be.

I'm not sure how things operate in your area but in the USA something like this happens and we sue. We sue for everything. You cut me off driving. Sued. You bumped into me walking. Sued. You talked to loud next to me. Sued. America sues way too much for dumb little things. I guess that was technically a random rant about lawsuits. Did you at least happen to save up enough cash to cover the bill?

• Informative 1

I'm not sure how things operate in your area but in the USA something like this happens and we sue. We sue for everything. You cut me off driving. Sued. You bumped into me walking. Sued. You talked to loud next to me. Sued. America sues way too much for dumb little things. I guess that was technically a random rant about lawsuits. Did you at least happen to save up enough cash to cover the bill?

Hahaha in Australia we don't sue for much, plus suing people is very expensive.

haha Caroline you got Sailor Moon! I got Sailor Venus a week ago or something =)

Random Rant: New record for The Netherlands last Saturday 36 degrees celcius....

I am glad you didn't get Sailor Moon, I would have been so disappointed if you had gotten her :P I will have to add some of the other characters soon once I get more points.

I'm feeling very very stressed at the moment. I don't know what to do about my life. I am considering dropping out of uni from my masters course since life is too stressful and I do not feel interested in it anymore. Plus I will have to move back to Mornington and since my work is now faraway from Mornington and uni is faraway I would have to drive 600 km a week... its too much. I promised myself not to ever have to drive that much ever again! I feel like I finally had my life back together but then something happened on Sunday and now everything is all over the place :(

• 2 weeks later...

Things seem to be better at the moment. I have a job interview for a second job next week. It would be good to be able to work two casual jobs - that way I could work almost every day and get some extra cash.

• Like 1

That's great news Optic!! =) I will have to see if I notice any difference ;D

Random Rant: Going to make some changes in my life from today ^^ Hope to see progress in a few months!!

That's great news Optic!! =) I will have to see if I notice any difference ;D

Random Rant: Going to make some changes in my life from today ^^ Hope to see progress in a few months!!

What changes are you making? :)

Random Rant: The school year is starting soon, but we still haven't decided what we're going to do for my schooling. I have "special needs" that need to be taken care of (I'm a high functioning Autistic with some bipolar mixed in, severe anxiety and anger issues, and a whole bunch of other stuff probably, but that's a different story), and right now I'm given the choices of online schooling (not technically home school, but still working at a PC from home) or going to an IEP/Special Needs class at the local middle school. We're going to "tour" the school tomorrow and get more information, but I'm still learning towards the online schooling. But we'll have to see~

Random Rant: The school year is starting soon, but we still haven't decided what we're going to do for my schooling. I have "special needs" that need to be taken care of (I'm a high functioning Autistic with some bipolar mixed in, severe anxiety and anger issues, and a whole bunch of other stuff probably, but that's a different story), and right now I'm given the choices of online schooling (not technically home school, but still working at a PC from home) or going to an IEP/Special Needs class at the local middle school. We're going to "tour" the school tomorrow and get more information, but I'm still learning towards the online schooling. But we'll have to see~

What kind of subjects do you like at school though? =)

Random Rant: Almost weekend! So happy about that, nice things to look forward too. =)

@NightDancer ; I've always liked Language Arts and Reading, and always have excelled in it. I can read and comprehend at a high school level even though I'm only in middle school.

I have some really close friends that have autism and one of my friends also has anxiety with it as well. Anxiety seems to be a very common place problem nowadays and seems that almost everyone has it. :( You'll have to tell us how it went taking a tour of the school. My friends with autism all went to regular schools. One of my friends did the final year of high school in two years to break up all the study loads. Online schooling may be a viable option but it could be very lonely for you. There was a strange in my life where I was bullied a lot and considered online schooling but I am glad I didn't go in that direction - instead I changed schools and I was able to meet new friends. Plus I would find online schooling difficult to focus on. Any time I do an online subject for uni I find it always my worse unit! Sometimes it is easier to learn things in an in class environment.

@NightDancer ; I've always liked Language Arts and Reading, and always have excelled in it. I can read and comprehend at a high school level even though I'm only in middle school.

I excelled in the same fields as you. Make sure to find a school that can cater to your needs. I am lucky that for my final years of high school I went to a school that had English, Literature and language classes, it surely made school easier studying something I was interested in! Good luck :)

I have some really close friends that have autism and one of my friends also has anxiety with it as well. Anxiety seems to be a very common place problem nowadays and seems that almost everyone has it. :( You'll have to tell us how it went taking a tour of the school. My friends with autism all went to regular schools. One of my friends did the final year of high school in two years to break up all the study loads. Online schooling may be a viable option but it could be very lonely for you. There was a strange in my life where I was bullied a lot and considered online schooling but I am glad I didn't go in that direction - instead I changed schools and I was able to meet new friends. Plus I would find online schooling difficult to focus on. Any time I do an online subject for uni I find it always my worse unit! Sometimes it is easier to learn things in an in class environment.

I excelled in the same fields as you. Make sure to find a school that can cater to your needs. I am lucky that for my final years of high school I went to a school that had English, Literature and language classes, it surely made school easier studying something I was interested in! Good luck :)

The school we toured was REALLY nice. And it was HUGE, too, but that was actually one of the biggest issues on how it'd work for me. Just the bell (they were testing it) is enough to make me cover my ears, but they have gym, choir, and band (the first two at the same time), and the school population is 500-some. Just the average Wal Mart noise can get me tense and possibly upset me, so for those who know me in real life (or for those who know me enough in general and said so myself), it's obvious the environment itself will not work out, no matter how good everything else is.

Unfortunately, changing schools where I live is not an option, as there is only one middle school and one high school here. I had the same problem before starting homeschooling a few years ago around 5th grade (I was having problems with bullying as well, and the stupid principal decided it was a good idea to lock me in an office during one of my "episodes", which is illegal no matter how bad those episodes were), but thankfully my mom had to move to another city to participate in graduate school soon afterwards (she had to quit college when I was born)

The school we toured was REALLY nice. And it was HUGE, too, but that was actually one of the biggest issues on how it'd work for me. Just the bell (they were testing it) is enough to make me cover my ears, but they have gym, choir, and band (the first two at the same time), and the school population is 500-some. Just the average Wal Mart noise can get me tense and possibly upset me, so for those who know me in real life (or for those who know me enough in general and said so myself), it's obvious the environment itself will not work out, no matter how good everything else is.

Unfortunately, changing schools where I live is not an option, as there is only one middle school and one high school here. I had the same problem before starting homeschooling a few years ago around 5th grade (I was having problems with bullying as well, and the stupid principal decided it was a good idea to lock me in an office during one of my "episodes", which is illegal no matter how bad those episodes were), but thankfully my mom had to move to another city to participate in graduate school soon afterwards (she had to quit college when I was born)

You could try going to school in another town? In the end I went to a school that was like a 20 min drive away instead of a school that was like across the road from me. It is disappointing that the school is too loud for you. 500 students isn't much though. Originally I went to a Catholic high school that had 3000 students in the one campus! I do think though the smaller the school, the better the environment will be since teachers can spend more time on each student. Like at the other high school I went to I couldn't believe there were like 32+ students in each class whereas in the other school I transferred to there would be like 20 students per class or if it was a class not popular with other students such as a language class or drama class then there would only be 6 students, it was very nice. :)

It is shocking that you were locked in an office :( very scary stuff. I really do hope things work out for you so keep us posted.

In other news, I am sick with the flu I think :( It came at the worse time too. I had a week off from uni since it was inter trimester break but now that its finished I am suddenly sick! It started yesterday. My throat was so sore that I had to go get ice-cream and after that I've been in bed. I had work today but I had to call in sick since I feel really sick and turns out my boss is also sick :( I hope I get better fast.

Also I learned yesterday to be careful about where I buy my candles from. I bought a candle from a market in July. It ended up having the weirdest wick on it. It became very thick and fat. I had never seen anything like it. It was in a glass jar. I've had candles in glass jars before and never had an issue but this time near the end of the candle's life, the flame got HUGE then the glass exploded. Thank God it wasn't near any paper!! I am relieved it didn't cause a house fire. Whew, it goes to show always be near your candles!

Unfortunately, the closest town/city to where I live that is big enough to even have a school is Wichita, which is 2 hours away. Their schools would be even bigger though, because I live in a small town, but Wichita is HUGE. Online school will likely be the best option for my needs, and I love working with computers, and can do a lot on them with little to no help, so that's not a problem.

Anyways, now my random rant, is that my school login is not working. I can't take the tests to see what grade I'll be in until it works.

• 2 weeks later...