RANDOM RANT!

NightDancer

Hahahaha not faring well at job TAT

How come?

Sigh, today in Australia it is Father's Day. I have never known my dad. Everyone else I know is spending it with their dads I have no dad so I spend the day alone since my boyfriend has gone to see his dad. I cannot even see my grandpa today cause he is busy. I think that spending Father's Day alone is what it would feel like to spend Christmas Day alone. Luckily for me the shops are not closed on Father's Day like they are on Christmas so maybe I can go to the shops and find something to buy. I also can watch the new episode of Sailor Moon Crystal, that should cheer me up. Yay :)

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my first shift today for my Christmas Casual job at MYER. Wow I had forgotten how tiring it is to stand around all day... My feet hurt so much. It has been a while since I have had to stand up for long hours for a job after leaving Coles. So far working in the watch department seems to be a lot more laid back than Coles is. So far I have had no crazy customers. I also managed to sell some watches too. Whew. :D

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Rant: I like Disneyland, but Disney's production of movies and shows as of late is a disgrace. They really don't try anything new and that's sad. We've had a million adaptions of the same Cinderella story, or any princess story. It's all the same thing, but with different people every time. It's lazy and lacks creativity, but people will pay to see because it has Disney stamped on it. Also Frozen was overrated and didn't deserve as much attention as it did

• Agree 1

Rant: I like Disneyland, but Disney's production of movies and shows as of late is a disgrace. They really don't try anything new and that's sad. We've had a million adaptions of the same Cinderella story, or any princess story. It's all the same thing, but with different people every time. It's lazy and lacks creativity, but people will pay to see because it has Disney stamped on it. Also Frozen was overrated and didn't deserve as much attention as it did

Agreed. While Disney had some good runs lately (like Wreck-It-Ralph and Tangled) thanks to John Lasseter from Pixar taking over the creative team, it never really broke away from the dated formula of true love and naive princesses.

Frozen actually had the potential to be the first to break the mold by having Elsa be the first Disney Princess to become a pragmatic 'villain' (naturally using the term 'villain' loosely here). She questioned the idea of marrying someone you just met, she found the "Disney Princess" behavior of Anna naive and childish. But instead, they chose to turn her into a pro-true love left-winger. Oh my god... What is this, the '60s? Peace and love save the world? I'm not asking for Dirty Harry here, but c'mon. A little modern realism here, huh?

Agreed. While Disney had some good runs lately (like Wreck-It-Ralph and Tangled) thanks to John Lasseter from Pixar taking over the creative team, it never really broke away from the dated formula of true love and naive princesses.

Frozen actually had the potential to be the first to break the mold by having Elsa be the first Disney Princess to become a pragmatic 'villain' (naturally using the term 'villain' loosely here). She questioned the idea of marrying someone you just met, she found the "Disney Princess" behavior of Anna naive and childish. But instead, they chose to turn her into a pro-true love left-winger. Oh my god... What is this, the '60s? Peace and love save the world? I'm not asking for Dirty Harry here, but c'mon. A little modern realism here, huh?

I loved Wreck-It Ralph, not only is the movie one big love letter to gamers, it's just a well done film. A few cliches here, but they don't bother me because the movie isn't relying on the cliches alone. Ralph himself is a complex character who just wants the same love the hero gets, Ralph just wants to be recognized, but of course being the bad guy of his own game, he's treated that way. It has a lot to do with seeing the inside of someone rather than the outside exterior were presented with. What's ironic is he's not a bad person by heart and doesn't even mean to be, but when treated like he is could turn him into just that bad individual, it's ironically clever and I like it

I loved Wreck-It Ralph, not only is the movie one big love letter to gamers, it's just a well done film. A few cliches here, but they don't bother me because the movie isn't relying on the cliches alone. Ralph himself is a complex character who just wants the same love the hero gets, Ralph just wants to be recognized, but of course being the bad guy of his own game, he's treated that way. It has a lot to do with seeing the inside of someone rather than the outside exterior were presented with. What's ironic is he's not a bad person by heart and doesn't even mean to be, but when treated like he is could turn him into just that bad individual, it's ironically clever and I like it

Hm. Maybe I'll give it a chance some time. After Tangled, I haven't really seen that many Disney films, not because Tangled was bad, but because none of the premise after which interested me. I'm not a big gamer, so Wreck-It-Ralph didn't do much for me at first glance...