Fanfics?

Sakura

Does anyone on here enjoy reading or writing fanfics?

If so what kind? Where do you read them? If you write them do you upload them and where do you upload them? Is there a specific type of anime you look for to read fanfics about, or a specific type of fanfic genre? 

I used to do a lot fanfic reading, usually as an extension of whatever anime I was obsessed with at the time. I also did some writing of fanfics a long time ago when I actually had the time. It was nice sitting down and imagining things and then writing it up - kind of like creating the anime I loved in a different way with my own vision ^^ When I read them I usually read romance related fanfics since they usually give me happy feels, and usually reader x the character. 

I most definitely do enjoy reading, and writing fan fiction quite a bit. Have been writing it and been involved in the fan fiction community for many years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

I most definitely do enjoy reading, and writing fan fiction quite a bit. Have been writing it and been involved in the fan fiction community for many years.

Are there any sites you suggest for looking up fanfiction on other than fanfiction.net?

8 minutes ago, Sofi said:

Are there any sites you suggest for looking up fanfiction on other than fanfiction.net?

Honestly a lot of the best fanfiction authors host their own on their own sites, but there is one really good site apart from ff.net, and that is Archive of Our Own

Edited by ArchieKun

12 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

Honestly a lot of the best fanfiction authors host their own on their own sites, but there is one really good site apart from ff.net, and that is Archive of Our Own

Thanks, I haven't visited that one before. I will have to check this one out :3

3 minutes ago, Sofi said:

Thanks, I haven't visited that one before. I will have to check this one out :3

No prob it is not nearly as well known its more known among writers, and the writing community not so much of a casual fan fic site like ff.net. 

4 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

No prob it is not nearly as well known its more known among writers, and the writing community not so much of a casual fan fic site like ff.net. 

FF was really the only site that I frequent but I haven't found anything on it lately that I've been interested in reading so I'm hoping to find something ^^

1 minute ago, Sofi said:

FF was really the only site that I frequent but I haven't found anything on it lately that I've been interested in reading so I'm hoping to find something ^^

Yah FF.net has another nickname its known, or at least for a while was known as the pit. Meaning there really was not a lot of stories on their worth anyone's time. That is of course not true there is a fair amount of decent stories on there. I myself plan on putting some of my work on there sonish though that will not be the only place. The key here as a writer, or even a reader don't put all your eggs in one basket go to multiple sites. Honestly my advice just search google sometime for good fan fiction sites, and some should come up.

8 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

Yah FF.net has another nickname its known, or at least for a while was known as the pit. Meaning there really was not a lot of stories on their worth anyone's time. That is of course not true there is a fair amount of decent stories on there. I myself plan on putting some of my work on there sonish though that will not be the only place. The key here as a writer, or even a reader don't put all your eggs in one basket go to multiple sites. Honestly my advice just search google sometime for good fan fiction sites, and some should come up.

I've done some Google searches before and I used to be able to find better stories on FF but not in awhile ;/ Google sometimes provides some decent stories if I search about a show or anime in particular but kind of hard to find things sometimes.

58 minutes ago, Sofi said:

I've done some Google searches before and I used to be able to find better stories on FF but not in awhile ;/ Google sometimes provides some decent stories if I search about a show or anime in particular but kind of hard to find things sometimes.

Yah I mean a lot of it is like any other entertainment medium there is a overwhelming amount of trash to shave to get to the gems underneath.

• Like 1

I sometimes (very rarely) write fan-fiction and read it quite a bit. There isn't a specific favourite sort for me, I mainly just read fanfics to do with shipping. The sites I use are Archive of Our Own/AO3 and Wattpad.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TsuchiMaika said:

I sometimes (very rarely) write fan-fiction and read it quite a bit. There isn't a specific favourite sort for me, I mainly just read fanfics to do with shipping. The sites I use are Archive of Our Own/AO3 and Wattpad.

Oh I forgot about Wattpad! I have read some things on there before ^^

• Like 1

• 1 month later...