AF Issues - Newbie here

Clow

Question

Hi.

The reason I'm making this thread is because I need some help with certain AF related issues that I've encountered so far. 

1. How do I insert pictures, gifs or even YouTube videos into my posts?

2. What is this message for? ---> Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

3. I wanted to participate in some of the quizzes that this forum has to offer, but I keep getting this message [[Template quizzes/front/browse/category is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So those are my issues for now and hopefully, someone can help me out. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

18 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, Clow said:

Thanks for the reply!

So all I need is two posts to be able to do the first thing and to get rid of the second thing? Just want to be sure.

As for the quiz, the moment I click on the Anime link or Non-Anime link to get to the quizzes I get that message. If I directly click on a quiz, it'll tell me that I can't take that quiz for some reason.

yep, you pretty much need 2 posts to do anything without being moderated anymore (which you just got)

im unsure, if you need <5> posts for other functions, or if it was removed and you instantly get other functions after 2 posts

as for the quiz, im getting the same error, we will look into it, thanks for reporting this

gomenkudasai for the inconvenience~

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Clow said:

Thanks for the suggestion 👍

Hopefully, that quiz error message can get fixed because I definitely want to try out some of those quizzes.

just wanted to say, optic-senpai has fixed the issue relating to quizzes giving an error, double checked and i can access them too.

thanks @Optic-senpai <3

• Like 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

2 hours ago, Clow said:

Maybe I didn't explain it the right way.

How do you post the actual Youtube video into a post?

There's a thread in the anime section called "favorite anime openings" and all the posters there have posted their favorite openings via actual videos from YouTube. 

Like you can just click play and the video starts right away.

I just copy and paste the link and wait 1 second and the video automatically gets embedded into the post

• Winner 1

3 hours ago, Clow said:

There's a thread in the anime section called "favorite anime openings" and all the posters there have posted their favorite openings via actual videos from YouTube. 

im assuming atleast, you mean linking like this, if so

pretty much just copy, paste the link, same as what @Illusion of Terra said, itll auto embed

(hint: once you press enter, itll automatically embed it, may delay if your internet is slow)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Clow said:

Hi.

The reason I'm making this thread is because I need some help with certain AF related issues that I've encountered so far. 

1. How do I insert pictures, gifs or even YouTube videos into my posts?

2. What is this message for? ---> Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

3. I wanted to participate in some of the quizzes that this forum has to offer, but I keep getting this message [[Template quizzes/front/browse/category is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So those are my issues for now and hopefully, someone can help me out. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.37de24f8290fa2c074c3ec74ab14302d.png

1. you get this ability after 2+ posts, its to avoid spammers overruning the website (check spoiler)

2. again, its to avoid spammers overruning the website.

3. what quiz is this? (give us a link, so we can check if it gives us the same error), it may also be due to you being still a new user, and is being moderated currently, IF it does not give us the same error

sorry for the inconvenience 

AF-staff, ryu-kun/xii-dono

22 minutes ago, XII360 said:

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.37de24f8290fa2c074c3ec74ab14302d.png

1. you get this ability after 2+ posts, its to avoid spammers overruning the website (check spoiler)

2. again, its to avoid spammers overruning the website.

3. what quiz is this? (give us a link, so we can check if it gives us the same error), it may also be due to you being still a new user, and is being moderated currently, IF it does not give us the same error

sorry for the inconvenience 

AF-staff, ryu-kun/xii-dono

Thanks for the reply!

So all I need is two posts to be able to do the first thing and to get rid of the second thing? Just want to be sure.

As for the quiz, the moment I click on the Anime link or Non-Anime link to get to the quizzes I get that message. If I directly click on a quiz, it'll tell me that I can't take that quiz for some reason.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, XII360 said:

yep, you pretty much need 2 posts to do anything without being moderated anymore (which you just got)

im unsure, if you need <5> posts for other functions, or if it was removed and you instantly get other functions after 2 posts

as for the quiz, im getting the same error, we will look into it, thanks for reporting this

gomenkudasai for the inconvenience~

Thanks!

Can I ask you a couple of more questions?

What's the Donate Points thing for? Is it essentially rep? And how many points can I give to a single post?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Clow said:

What's the Donate Points thing for? Is it essentially rep? And how many points can I give to a single post?

Not sure of how things are now, but, in the past, points were used to get things, like making your user name glow.

It was not a reputation thing, those you earn them by building reputation.

The donating points will just be transfer of points. Nobody really uses it, as far as I know, since gaining points is easy.

As for how many can be given, I do not think anyone has tested it, since I see reactions more often, which is how reputation is built.

Edited by brycec
try making the answer better.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, brycec said:

Not sure of how things are now, but, in the past, points were used to get things, like making your user name glow.

Thanks for answering the questions.

I appreciate it!

• Like 1

Hey XII360

I think I might've just made a mistake regarding the whole donate points thing.

I wanted to donate points to you for helping me out, but I didn't realize that by giving you all one hundred of my points that I would go back down to zero. LOL!

I was thinking that my points would still be there and that it was just a limit to how many I could give out. Oops. 

48 minutes ago, brycec said:

The donating points will just be transfer of points. Nobody really uses it, as far as I know, since gaining points is easy.

As for how many can be given, I do not think anyone has tested it, since I see reactions more often, which is how reputation is built.

Lol, I wish you could have said this before I donated all my points away. xD

EDIT: Thanks for the merger, I didn't see brycec's edited post until now.

Edited by Clow
  • Funny 2

13 minutes ago, Clow said:

Hey XII360

I think I might've just made a mistake regarding the whole donate points thing.

I wanted to donate points to you for helping me out, but I didn't realize that by giving you all one hundred of my points that I would go back down to zero. LOL!

I was thinking that my points would still be there and that it was just a limit to how many I could give out. Oops. 

Lol, I wish you could have said this before I donated all my points away. xD

EDIT: Thanks for the merger, I didn't see brycec's edited post until now.

dont mind it, dont mind it~, we all make mistakes~

max donation is on how much points you have at hand, so if say, you have 100 points, you can at max donate 100points, 

and from experience, donating means itll reduce your current points ^_^

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

Hey @Clow I think you can make forum games and ask that people donate points to the winner and things like that. I’ve also done as you, and donated points to someone for things randomly.

@XII360 I use an IPhone and I get the quiz error message too when trying to view the entire list of quizzes. So far I can only access quizzes by selecting one from the bottom of the forum where the titles are listed already (though it’s only a select few). And create quizzes.

Hope this helps 💕

Edited by Seshi
  • Like 1
  • Informative 2

7 minutes ago, Seshi said:

I use an IPhone and I get the quiz error message too when trying to view the entire list of quizzes. So far I can only access quizzes by selecting one from the bottom of the forum where the titles are listed already (though it’s only a select few). And create quizzes.

Hope this helps 💕<span><span>

This will have to be something for Optic to look into, since XII360 is a mod and Archie stepped down from community manager position. I was considered a viable candidate to take over, but I did not apply because I had things to deal with and I was a little hesitant about what things would be like.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Seshi said:

Hey @Clow I think you can make forum games and ask that people donate points to the winner and things like that. I’ve also done as you, and donated points to someone for things randomly.

@XII360 I use an IPhone and I get the quiz error message too when trying to view the entire list of quizzes. So far I can only access quizzes by selecting one from the bottom of the forum where the titles are listed already (though it’s only a select few). And create quizzes.

Hope this helps 💕

Thanks for the suggestion 👍

Hopefully, that quiz error message can get fixed because I definitely want to try out some of those quizzes.

• Like 1
  • Optimistic 1

30 minutes ago, XII360 said:

just wanted to say, optic-senpai has fixed the issue relating to quizzes giving an error, double checked and i can access them too.

thanks @Optic-senpai <3

That's awesome news right there!!

I just checked and it works for me as well! 

Thanks XII360 for looking into the issue and also thanks to Optic for fixing it.

I appreciate it.

Seshi 

Looks like it got fixed xD

Edited by Clow
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/19/2019 at 11:19 AM, XII360 said:

dont mind it, dont mind it~, we all make mistakes~

max donation is on how much points you have at hand, so if say, you have 100 points, you can at max donate 100points, 

and from experience, donating means itll reduce your current points ^_^

Um...

How do I insert YouTube videos into my posts?

I can see the "insert other media" button on the bottom right corner and I've tried to copy n paste the URL in different ways, but for some reason it doesn't wanna work.

If someone can help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Edited by Clow

6 minutes ago, Clow said:

Um...

How do I insert YouTube videos into my posts?

I can see the "insert other media" button on the bottom right corner and I've tried to copy n paste the URL in different ways, but for some reason it doesn't wanna work.

If someone can help me out, I'd appreciate it.

just paste the link, it will automatically be shown with its thumbnail

though, if its insertation,

first is that button 231.thumb.png.2ae71a7373f7981c5d912f9704450910.png

and just do this.png

and then you have inserted/linked the link to the text

20 hours ago, XII360 said:

just paste the link, it will automatically be shown with its thumbnail

though, if its insertation,

first is that button 231.thumb.png.2ae71a7373f7981c5d912f9704450910.png

and just do this.png

and then you have inserted/linked the link to the text

8 hours ago, XII360 said:

im assuming atleast, you mean linking like this, if so

Hide contents

pretty much just copy, paste the link, same as what @Illusion of Terra said, itll auto embed

(hint: once you press enter, itll automatically embed it, may delay if your internet is slow)

I got it now!!

Thanks!

• Like 1