Which Song Are You Listening To?

NightDancer

OK, so it's not anime, but is Japanese. The series was known as X Bomber in Japan and was dubbed into Eglish and shown on UK TV on Saturday mornings sometime in the 1980's as Star Fleet. It was created by Go Nagai and features a Gunbusteresque giant mech.

This is a music video by Brian May featuring the series closing song with scenes taken from one of the episodes.

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

On 7/15/2022 at 11:27 PM, Ohayotaku said:

I knew Amanda Lee did some of the voices in the English dubs but, I never had any idea she was also a singer. I had to look that up when I saw it. I guess we all learn something new everyday. The instrumental aspect of the song is good, though the vocals follow the trend of modern pop a bit much for my personal liking. Few songs are perfect though.

@viruxx Your inclusion of Dream Theater is a mark of good taste. In retrospect, I honestly don't know why I never had any of their music in my CD collection growing up. It's one of my regrets now. They were easily one of the best bands of their time.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kōyamaki said:

@viruxx Your inclusion of Dream Theater is a mark of good taste. In retrospect, I honestly don't know why I never had any of their music in my CD collection growing up. It's one of my regrets now. They were easily one of the best bands of their time.

I appreciate that, sir. I think your taste in music is rather good, too. It's nice to have a fellow synthwave fan here. 😎 And you're right, Dream Theater is certainly one of the greatest bands to have ever rocked. They were my introduction to progressive rock/metal. I didn't have any of their CDs in my collection, either. For shame. Got any particular favorite tracks/albums?

As for what I'm currently listening to:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, viruxx said:

I appreciate that, sir. I think your taste in music is rather good, too. It's nice to have a fellow synthwave fan here. 😎 And you're right, Dream Theater is certainly one of the greatest bands to have ever rocked. They were my introduction to progressive rock/metal. I didn't have any of their CDs in my collection, either. For shame. Got any particular favorite tracks/albums?

As for what I'm currently listening to:

To tell you the truth, there were other bands at that time which I followed more closely ( Type-O being one of them ). Occasionally, I would have one of those moments listening to the music channels of my cable television package where I would be taken off guard by some wicked new tune that would have me rushing back into the room right in the middle of getting myself some refreshments. Dream Theater provided me with some of those moments. I could remember the song titles at the time when I just saw them but, I forgot to write them down. Years later, I encountered a guy who ran the counter at a brick & mortar music store before it eventually went under from the pressures of competing with online distributors. In this guy's opinion, Theater's guitarist was one of the best of the best. I think I can agree with him on that. Fun piece of trivia, Bedman's Super in "Guilty Gear Xrd" is apparently a nod to this group. I always love it when the writers of a given franchise include little easter egg homages to great bands and musicians. It adds a whole other layer of coolness to it.

• Like 1

A real blast from my past here. These guys, along with a couple of other bands were like my childhood where contemporary music was concerned, though I also listened to a lot of music made before I was even born. If anyone here is thinking, "hey, that looks like the frontman from Dethklok," then yes, it is very likely that the fictional character's appearance was based on that of Pete Steele's. He had a pretty unique look to him.

@Ohayotaku RWBY always had great soundtrack and CG animation which was second to none. Although I think it could have done without the usual Hollywood cliches ( which mark it as a North American creation ), I usually found it entertaining despite that. It was a very creative way to repackage classic fairy tale characters. Weiss corresponds to Snow White, Yang to Goldilocks, Ruby herself to Little Red Riding Hood, and Blake supposedly represents Bell from "Beauty and the Beast." I still wish Coco was more than just an extra in the main story, she had the look of a main heroine - and also a very nice Jesse Ventura style rotary gun.

Edited by Kōyamaki
link
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1