Which Song Are You Listening To?

NightDancer

This takes me back.  I'm not quite as old as some of these scenes but I was born in Santa Monica and lived in the El Segundo area from the mid 60s into the 70s until I was in first or second grade while my dad was stationed at the AF base there.  Then we moved to Huntsville, AL for a couple years before moving back to the L.A. area in the foothills up near the Rose Bowl.  Foothill Blvd is literally about 4 blocks down the hill from where I live now, though the stretch shown looks more like the Sunland/Tujunga area which is a few miles away.  Foothill is a looooong street.  It was actually part of Route 66 back then.  Route 66 itself has it's western end in Santa Monica.  The places in this video look almost exactly as I remember them growing up.  I even remember the "ninety-three K-H-J" jingle from the radio!  :D

On 4/29/2023 at 6:43 PM, efaardvark said:

This takes me back.  I'm not quite as old as some of these scenes but I was born in Santa Monica and lived in the El Segundo area from the mid 60s into the 70s until I was in first or second grade while my dad was stationed at the AF base there.  Then we moved to Huntsville, AL for a couple years before moving back to the L.A. area in the foothills up near the Rose Bowl.  Foothill Blvd is literally about 4 blocks down the hill from where I live now, though the stretch shown looks more like the Sunland/Tujunga area which is a few miles away.  Foothill is a looooong street.  It was actually part of Route 66 back then.  Route 66 itself has it's western end in Santa Monica.  The places in this video look almost exactly as I remember them growing up.  I even remember the "ninety-three K-H-J" jingle from the radio!  :D

You want nostalgia...