Which Song Are You Listening To?

NightDancer

This masterpiece still gives me chills!

Thank you Nobuo Uematsu! The Danish National Symphony Orchestra performs my favorite version of this composition.

Spoiler

"One-Winged Angel" is a musical theme from Final Fantasy VII. It is notable for the final boss theme and for being the first theme in the series to feature vocals. It was composed by Nobuo Uematsu.

"One-Winged Angel" is one of the most popular tracks of the Final Fantasy series. Its name refers to Safer∙Sephiroth, who has six white wings where his legs should be and a grotesque black wing where his right arm should be. Since its original appearance, the title is commonly used to refer to Sephiroth himself, and serves as a motif for the character (Sephiroth's original character theme from Final Fantasy VII is "Those Chosen by the Planet"). With Sephiroth's popularity, "One-Winged Angel" has received several arrangements and had several appearances outside Final Fantasy VII, never far from the presence of the villain it is associated with.

00.thumb.png.3d81279a98a9e39f87ee2f744199bcf8.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peachtea said:

Shredding since the 16th century. Putting the classic into classic rock. 😝

If you liked that then you might want to check out Mashiro no Oto, aka Those Snow While Notes:)

9 hours ago, Soramee_ said:

This is actually pretty epic!

Yes!  Definitely on my ptw list.

Edited by efaardvark
  • Agree 1

This is something of a nostalgia trip for me.  When I was in HS (yes, we had high schools way back then) there used to be a Shakey's Pizza down the hill that had one of these pianos.  It was mostly used as a prop for the theme/decor of the place but one summer my neighbor across the street - who was a very good piano player - got a job there and convinced the management to tune it up and let him play it when he wasn't otherwise busy.  We spent a lot of time at that Shakey's that summer.  Fun memory.

• Like 1