Dog Days

EmperorQinmon

So I've seen a thing or two about DogDays, and have read a bit on it, but Wikipedia can only tell you so much. Then I remembered, "Hey, I'm part of an Anime forum" so that brings us to this. Is it a fine anime?

Now I assume a couple of you will say "yes", but what I mean is, is it a fine anime for my tastes?

I don't like extreme fan-service or anything that goes above that. I can tolerate Harems as long as there are other dude characters with story importance. And finally I don't like crude humor.

So, is DogDays fine for this guy(me)'s taste? Well, I'm asking those that have watched at least 10 episodes.

• Like 1

I haven't seen this series before, but have heard about it. Looks like the third series of it is currently airing.

dogdays.thumb.jpg.eb78190d9880684a881729c5038dbbf9.jpg

An ordinary student appears into a Fantasy world with two races. Biscotti are dogs and the Galette are cats.

Hopefully someone that has watched it can chime in. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Is it a fine anime?

I will say I quite enjoy it. Especially the pretty carefree second season. It's very cute.

but what I mean is, is it a fine anime for my tastes?

But, no. I can say it doesn't seem like you would like it. Apart from the first couple episodes of season three, and maybe around the end of season 1, (but I can't quite remember, since I watched it before the second season came out.), it generally has a lot of fan service. By technicality it's not really a harem, but there are elements of one still, there are a lot of male characters. None of them are plot important apart from the protag, though. Besides maybe that demon guy that is introduced in season 2, but not that much. So yeah, giving my input here.

But, no. I can say it doesn't seem like you would like it. Apart from the first couple episodes of season three, and maybe around the end of season 1, (but I can't quite remember, since I watched it before the second season came out.), it generally has a lot of fan service. By technicality it's not really a harem, but there are elements of one still, there are a lot of male characters. None of them are plot important apart from the protag, though. Besides maybe that demon guy that is introduced in season 2, but not that much. So yeah, giving my input here.

Oh, shame(For me that is). I really liked the premise.

Eh, I'm not gonna give up that easy. On what level of fan-service?

Dunno how I can put this... it's nowhere near To Love-Ru, what I've heard of Queen's Blade, etc... but it's still pretty high up there, what with wardrobe malfunctions during battle (usually by way of the attacks) and clothes just plain disappearing sometimes (even for the guys at times, though).

It happens often, but not extreme enough that sites like MAL have it more than PG-13, but I'm sure it would inevitably be a little higher rating at least if it was licensed for NA home video or something. And with that rambling I'm not sure I could possibly explain it in greater detail, so... there you go, I guess.

Well, I guess I'll just have to try it sometime and decide for myself.

BTW, is anyone familiar with any other animes that involve people with animal traits? I'm a sucker for that type of stuff, that's why I was looking into Dog Days.

BTW, is anyone familiar with any other animes that involve people with animal traits? I'm a sucker for that type of stuff, that's why I was looking into Dog Days.

Right now I can only think of 2 other anime with similar premises:

Problem Children are Coming From Another World, Aren't They?: Less fan service, but also lackluster in just about everything else. Was fun enough though, I guess.

No Game No Life: What you're looking for comes into play later on, but is talked about a lot earlier, too. Only problem is it has a similar level of fan service.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I love Dog Days Seasons 1 and 2. Season 1 is by far the best one. It has some silly light hearted episodes followed by some pretty serious episodes. Season 2 however is more light hearted without serious episodes. Season 3 is pure fanservice and while I enjoyed it....it could have and should have been much better than what it was. One of the main problems is that there are waaaaaay tooo many characters now. There are episodes in season 3 that barely have the original protagonist in them not to mention some of my other fave characters from the first two seasons barely make an appearance. Not to mention it seems like every time you turn around the characters have become naked. Characters like Shinku (protagonist in season 1), Princess Millhiorre, and Eclair were my favorite characters and they are barely in season 3........Overall I have enjoyed the series and I hope that season 4 happens and that it is better. I could do without some of the fanservice though....seriously having every girl that Shinku meets fall in love with him is getting a little ridiculous.

• Like 1

I could do without some of the fanservice though....seriously having every girl that Shinku meets fall in love with him is getting a little ridiculous.

Especially when you consider the fact that most of the characters are only 13-15. >_>

Especially when you consider the fact that most of the characters are only 13-15. >_>

Yeah...there's also the fact that those 13-15 year-olds are the leaders of the countries where the only evil seems to be demons. I do like the whole "cursed sword" turning normal creatures into demons aspect. They need more serious stuff imo. That was what made season 1 great :D

Yeah...there's also the fact that those 13-15 year-olds are the leaders of the countries where the only evil seems to be demons. I do like the whole "cursed sword" turning normal creatures into demons aspect. They need more serious stuff imo. That was what made season 1 great :D

There is so much potential in this series. But they decided to embrace fanservice rather than all the lore that exists in the story.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

I still haven't watched Dog Days. I must give it a go sometime.

This is very high up on my to-watch list, anybody who knows me well could tell you why~

If I recall correctly, female neko characters you find very cute.

On an unrelated note - I don't think we have any neko characters in our screenshot gallery. May be worth using Dog Days as a basis for that.

uzume-uranus-dreaming.jpg.6ec1c81db27723c78aac9abf45b34784.jpg

• Like 1

I still haven't watched Dog Days. I must give it a go sometime.

If I recall correctly, female neko characters you find very cute.

On an unrelated note - I don't think we have any neko characters in our screenshot gallery. May be worth using Dog Days as a basis for that.

[ATTACH=full]22032[/ATTACH]

That is correct, and in my completely biased opinion that would be a fantastic edition to the gallery and should be your number one priority~

I'm completely serious just kidding about the priority of course.

A0T6D4I.jpg.8b21cd5cb039796d8f6e5ec1a49da0dd.jpg

• 6 months later...

Just finished season 1, and I really enjoyed it! :)

I think it could have done better if he actually ended up with someone. Well he kinda did, but it would have been better if he ended up with Eclair. :P

I love Dog Days Seasons 1 and 2. Season 1 is by far the best one. It has some silly light hearted episodes followed by some pretty serious episodes. Season 2 however is more light hearted without serious episodes. Season 3 is pure fanservice and while I enjoyed it....it could have and should have been much better than what it was. One of the main problems is that there are waaaaaay tooo many characters now. There are episodes in season 3 that barely have the original protagonist in them not to mention some of my other fave characters from the first two seasons barely make an appearance. Not to mention it seems like every time you turn around the characters have become naked. Characters like Shinku (protagonist in season 1), Princess Millhiorre, and Eclair were my favorite characters and they are barely in season 3

Well then... perhaps I might just stop with this series here if it goes that far downhill. While I did enjoy season 1 quite a bit, I don't want to go through season three without Eclair.

Just finished season 1, and I really enjoyed it! :)

I think it could have done better if he actually ended up with someone. Well he kinda did, but it would have been better if he ended up with Eclair. :P

Eclair is definitely the best girl throughout all of Dog Days.

Well then... perhaps I might just stop with this series here if it goes that far downhill. While I did enjoy season 1 quite a bit, I don't want to go through season three without Eclair.

I can't remember how much Eclair shows up in season 2 but I can remember at least 2 great Eclair moments in season 2 so I would say to stop after you watch it.

Dog Days had so much potential....but it just got too carried away with main characters and girls loving Shinku.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't remember how much Eclair shows up in season 2 but I can remember at least 2 great Eclair moments in season 2 so I would say to stop after you watch it.

Season 2 has been great so far. I just finished episode 4, and the part with Yuki and Noire finding Shinku and Eclair together was hilarious especially after they woke up. :P

Dog Days had so much potential....but it just got too carried away with main characters and girls loving Shinku.

Strangely enough, that doesn't really both me with this show. Probably because it has a good amount of comedy, and all the characters feel unique enough with better personalities than most harem anime.

Season 2 has been great so far. I just finished episode 4, and the part with Yuki and Noire finding Shinku and Eclair together was hilarious especially after they woke up. :P

I loved that part! It was sooooo great <3 That's easily the best scene in the entire anime!

Strangely enough, that doesn't really both me with this show. Probably because it has a good amount of comedy, and all the characters feel unique enough with better personalities than most harem anime.

It didn't really bother me til season 3.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished watching the first season of Dog Days and I am absoloutely in love with this franchise.

Could this actually surpass my love for Hyperdimension Neptunia? :o Maybe??

Putting aside the wardrobe failure and clothing damage, as amusing as it was... I loved the first season! Will have to watch the following seasons soon...

Tsundere Eclair and adorable Millhiore were my most favourite characters. Eclair kicking Shinku always gave me a laugh. Poor Shinku. ^_^ I'm glad Eclair slowly warmed up to him. And Millhiore and Shinku are so adorable... and their declaration of love awhh. (o^.^o)

On a side note, Millhiore is voiced by the same voice actor that did Nepgear! So I was pleasantly surprised by that!

dog-days-wide.thumb.jpg.214736960b3b52cfb6dc1d0e33cb060d.jpg

• Like 1

I finished watching the first season of Dog Days and I am absoloutely in love with this franchise.

Could this actually surpass my love for Hyperdimension Neptunia? :o Maybe??

59e2171e47468_C389clair.Martinozzi_full.984322.jpg.85e832d1f683ea9fece949e6b230570d.jpg

Eclair says yes :P

Putting aside the wardrobe failure and clothing damage, as amusing as it was... I loved the first season! Will have to watch the following seasons soon...

Tsundere Eclair and adorable Millhiore were my most favourite characters. Eclair kicking Shinku always gave me a laugh. Poor Shinku. ^_^ I'm glad Eclair slowly warmed up to him. And Millhiore and Shinku are so adorable... and their declaration of love awhh. (o^.^o)

The best advice I can offer is to stop after Season 2.

I'm completely and totally an Eclair fan :P

On a side note, Millhiore is voiced by the same voice actor that did Nepgear! So I was pleasantly surprised by that!

[ATTACH=full]25829[/ATTACH]

Yui Horie is the best! She was great as Kaga Kouko in Golden time as well as Minori Kushieda in Toradora! and she also voiced Riki in Little Busters and Siesta in Zero no Tsukaima. I love her voice!

• 3 months later...
The best advice I can offer is to stop after Season 2.

I'm up to Episode 7 of season 2 and my general thoughts thus far...

Shinku's friends (aka the other heroes) are taking up too much screen time IMO. Less screen time for all our season 1 favourites.

Millhiore and Eclair are as adorable as ever. Millhiore saying she loves Shinku is REALLY ADORABLE. :angel:

But I feel the magic and suspense from Season 1 is not there. Shinku was totally immersed in the world of Flonyard when he was first summoned there by Millhiore and him learning how things worked and exploring the world was great. And that added dark twist towards the end of Season 1 along with Leo being cold towards Millhiore and that final showdown... brilliant!

... but now it just seems like a holiday resort in Season 2!! Needs some conflict to put those powers to better use!!

Hoping there will be a more dark twist towards the end... in any case, it's nice to see everyone all three armies being friendly to each other. But yes, Season 1 will always be more memorable to me (unless Season 2 escalates towards the end?):

dog-days-group.thumb.jpg.3ba0623cec092e602cf89a0b37b6329d.jpg

Edited by Guest

• Geano locked this topic