McDonald's

Optic

1. How often do you have McDonald's?

Not that much anymore - maybe only when I'm travelling :P in Slovenia we have a student vouchers and they're really cheap (2 eur for the whole menu) and I used to eat there much more when I had the student status. :Đ

2. Anything unique about your country's McDonald's compared to other ones you have visited around the world?

I think we have the best mayo (used in the McChicken sandwich) ;pp but we also don't have a lots of other stuff that other countries have!

3. Your favourite menu item(s) and why?

McChicken sandwich and chicken burger, because I love the chicken meat the most >,<

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Australia Maccas the McChicken is slightly spicy. And yes it seems the mayo is popular because lots of people order the Mayo separately in a tub for 50 cents to use for dipping their French Fries. :P

Australia Day this Saturday and McDonalds the last few weeks have made the following menu changes:

• Return of the McOz: 1:4 patty, lettuce, beetroot (yum! :D), ketchup and cheese.
  • Fish and Fries: well this is interesting... three pieces of pre-battered fish. About fist sized in width. The tartare sauce you get with it is really nice.

1. How often do you have McDonald's?

Not that much anymore - maybe only when I'm travelling :P in Slovenia we have a student vouchers and they're really cheap (2 eur for the whole menu) and I used to eat there much more when I had the student status. :Đ

2. Anything unique about your country's McDonald's compared to other ones you have visited around the world?

I think we have the best mayo (used in the McChicken sandwich) ;pp but we also don't have a lots of other stuff that other countries have!

3. Your favourite menu item(s) and why?

McChicken sandwich and chicken burger, because I love the chicken meat the most >,<

Ahhh, we use to have mayo here as well, given in sachets just like ketchup and chilli sauce. It was real popular but they decided to discontinue t. Caused quite an uproar initially.

The best Macdonalds breakfast I had was in Singapore, it was literally mouthwatering. The lady accidentally dropped the orange juice (or whatever it was I that had) and the manager came out himself and gave me a new one!

Speaking of awesome customer service, Taalen have you noticed how there is usually a lot more staff in McDonald's overseas compared to Australia? I think it comes down to expensive labour here down under...?

I was at Macdonalds in Singapore at 6 in the morning and they had maybe 5 people, alot more compared to the usual mornings here.

Philippines, with the insanely large malls that people love to hang around in, it isn't uncommon to see 2-3 Macdonalds (or any other fastfood restaurant in the same mall, and those places are literally full of staff, and when I say full, I mean full. Fastfood chains have waiters in Philippines, its crazy.

Anyone know anywhere else that has waiters at fastfood restaurants?

As for expensive labour, I'm inclined to agree with you there!

• Like 1

Somehow, the service over here is good. Like what Taalen said, that scenario is something that always happens. They would always replace whatever you accidentally dropped on the floor.

Brunei, due to their own pace of life, is freakingly slow. My former boss once got attached to the Brunei office and he once told me, he waited one hour for just a packet of fries. He couldn't do anything about it, cause everybody was waiting just like him, simply because its their way of life.

• Like 1

Of the times that I've actually looked around Brunei, I totally understand what you mean by the slow pace of life. It's insane. Nobody rushes, I mean, why would you rush? It's just so laid back and slow.

Brunei, due to their own pace of life, is freakingly slow. My former boss once got attached to the Brunei office and he once told me, he waited one hour for just a packet of fries. He couldn't do anything about it, cause everybody was waiting just like him, simply because its their way of life.

An hour means it is no longer 'fast food'. Restaurant would be faster! lol

• 1 month later...

What is your experience with the free WiFi offered at your local McDonald's?

Hit and miss here in WA, often to the point where it's unusable and it's just easier to use 3G. <_<

But, overseas it was decent and often a lifesaver if you haven't arranged for prepaid 3G. I found it really useful and reliable in Vilnius last year. ^_^

WiFi here is quite stable but can't really say its fast. Really depends on the amount of users especially considering the Mcdonald's here are catering to the students increasingly, instead of being more of a kiddie food heaven many years back

• 2 months later...

The MCD over here at Singapore has recently been churning out so called new menu. First it was some black pepper flamer burger, then a spicy peri burger. Now its even coming out with new sauce for our Nuggets, like wasabi and honey mustard. The latest I heard is a durian flavoured McFlurry

Fab does that menu include chicken burgers too? I've noticed a similar push here for new chicken products on the menu here due to rising beef costs it seems...

Well, the menu over here is largely chicken and Fish, but still mostly chicken. Not surprisingly since the different cultures over here, with Buddhist not taking beef, Muslim not taking pork. But occasionally and recently, they have introduce beef burgers and burgers with bacon on promotional terms.

• 4 months later...

McDonald's here have just brought out new chicken products. McWrap and new Chicken Salads (Crispy Chicken Noodle).

I've tried the Crispy Chicken Noodle salad and it's really good, cherry tomatoes, capsicum, purple lettuce, cos lettuce, shredded carrot. I'm not sure about other countries but Subway (subway sandwich franchise) has a big presence here for the "healthier fast food" market. I honestly do believe this may dent their sales.

Will try the McWrap soon.

Optic, will you still eat the new chicken salads and wraps after the introductory prices end? They seem quite expensive after those prices end.

Lately I have had a lot of fun reading about what other people think of McDonalds. http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2135181

It shows a lot of interesting feedback and helps us keep up with the latest McDonalds news such as the new app where a customer can order their meal on an app before going to the drive through and then using their QR code to pay/or confirm they already paid on the app. Not sure how useful this really is! I would still prefer McDonalds home delivery :P hahahaha.

• Like 1

Caroline regarding full price the chicken salad probably not so much, the wraps are reasonable value.

Ah yes Whirlpool, naturally I'm a regular on those forums as I work in IT. ;) I believe some managers in McDonald's do leak some information early on new upcoming products and changes as you said.

The QR code idea sounds interesting. It may make the Drive-Thru smoother - I remember when they put in the dual-lane ordertaking Drive-Thrus to help alleviate the initial bottleneck for placing your order especially during peak.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Bumping this topic. :)

I've been going to McDonald's for work lunch about 2-3 times a week mainly for the coffee at McCafe. Good coffee and convenient. As I work in IT, you generally want to eat away from your desk as you'll keep getting interrupted even during your break..

onion-wall

I recommend the toasted Turkish Sandwiches and coffee combo at McCafe. Good value for $8.

mcdonalds-turkish-sandwich-mccafe.thumb.jpg.9ff3bead6e7eb1c5d7d42a03553413b8.jpg

A photo of one I had today, this was a chicken, pineapple and red onion Turkish sandwich with a Cappucuino.

onion-blush

Interesting news! Australia are finally trialing home deliveries in Sydney! I wonder how it goes :) I wish it was happening in Melbourne I would totally call up for a home delivery so I could review it on here to just see what it is like :)

Ooh, any update on this?

• Winner 1

Admittedly I go more than I should. I'm just often busy and don't have time to cook. I get Little Ceaser's too though, so that should balance things out >:3 lol

I've never been out of country so I'm not sure how menus here differ.

I always get a fry and a McDouble, and a coke to drink. I'm a creature of habit so trying new things isn't my style and the only other things I know are Big Macs (which are too expensive) and McChickens (which I do sometimes get).

• Agree 2

Interesting news! Australia are finally trialing home deliveries in Sydney! I wonder how it goes :) I wish it was happening in Melbourne I would totally call up for a home delivery so I could review it on here to just see what it is like :)

Lucky you!

Lucas and I have been thinking about home deliveries of McD's a lot! Sadly I doubt if it will ever happen. Even though I barely go (sunflower oil allergy) it would still be awesome xD

Gosh I wish we had a McCafe! Nowhere to be found here =(

Lucky you!

Lucas and I have been thinking about home deliveries of McD's a lot! Sadly I doubt if it will ever happen. Even though I barely go (sunflower oil allergy) it would still be awesome xD

Gosh I wish we had a McCafe! Nowhere to be found here =(

Home delivery was only being trialed in Sydney though. I live in Melbourne. I don't think I would use it anyway. Doesn't take much of an effort to drive to Maccas, seriously! Also I am not sure how successful home delivery was since there hasn't been any updates.

Why aren't there any McCafes there? That's weird.

• Informative 1

Home delivery was only being trialed in Sydney though. I live in Melbourne. I don't think I would use it anyway. Doesn't take much of an effort to drive to Maccas, seriously! Also I am not sure how successful home delivery was since there hasn't been any updates.

Why aren't there any McCafes there? That's weird.

We're probably one of the few countries that doesn't have McCafe, so far every other EU country I have been in, they have McCafe. I'm so jealous! I wish there was one so there would be one that is 5 min from my house <3