New fan here. Hellooo!

Kit Kat K

I am a rare female anime fan whose name is none of your concern. While I am usually a lurker, this forum is the first I am joining with intent of actually participating in discussions. Having watched alot of anime when I was very little (think series like Naruto, DBZ, Sailor Moon and aaall the PreCure) I have a lot of love for the medium and its quirks. After a couple of years away, I decided to get back into anime after meeting a fellow Otaku in real life. I have watched most of the more popular shows (along with some oddballs) and I would love some recs as to what I should move on to. 

Some things about myself: I am lazy and very introverted. I love wasting away on my phone, looking at clouds, and the sky in general, painting, drawing and reading. I'm a bit of a dreamer.

If anyone has tips on navigating this community feel free to share. Also, please excuse any grammar mistakes. I am a teen and english isn't my first language.

• Like 3

@Kit Kat K Welcome to Anime Forums.
If you would happen to have trouble with navigation, as you mention, do not hesitate to ask either me or another member.
I see you are an introvert too. Feel free to start any discussion, or participate in any already existing.

• Friendly 1

Thanks for replying! Man, I'm super excited. I have trouble making friends in real life, so it's great to see such nice communities of people who share my interests. By the way, what sort of anime do you like?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kit Kat K said:

Thanks for replying! Man, I'm super excited. I have trouble making friends in real life, so it's great to see such nice communities of people who share my interests. By the way, what sort of anime do you like?

I do not watch anime that often, nor read manga much, but I do have a minimum of general culture about it.
I would say that the genres I usually enjoy most are romance, drama, comedy, and fantasy. I did very much like the movie "Your Name".

And yourself?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kaga Koko said:

I like your username and welcome to af 

Thank you! I'm sure I'll have lots of fun here.

7 minutes ago, Keiko said:

I do not watch anime that often, nor read manga much, but I do have a minimum of general culture about it.
I would say that the genres I usually enjoy most are romance, drama, comedy, and fantasy. I did very much like the movie "Your Name".

And yourself?

I looove fluffy romances and drama too. Also, Your Name was amazing. The music, the art, the story... it's one of my favourite movies.

• Agree 1

Hey, welcome to the community. I hope you do have a great time here 😊

Im a pretty non typical female - I prefer shounen anime, martial arts & sports anime. 

Though I have watched some slice of life/ romances and enjoyed them too 😊

As for recommendations:

K-On is pretty old but if you haven’t seen it yet I’d check it out since you’re a teen, you might relate.

Also ToraDora was a great romance anime (again, older) but good.

Plus I’m not sure if you’re aware, but Fruits Basket is being remade and is airing right now, on episode 5 I believe.

Since you also liked Naruto & DBZ, I’d recommend Demon Slayer and Rising of the Shield Hero, which are two shorter, currently airing anime.

————————————————

We’ve also got an Art Contest going on right now. Feel free to join in if you’re so inclined.

Edited by Seshi
  • Friendly 2

22 hours ago, Seshi said:

Hey, welcome to the community. I hope you do have a great time here 😊

Im a pretty non typical female - I prefer shounen anime, martial arts & sports anime. 

Though I have watched some slice of life/ romances and enjoyed them too 😊

As for recommendations:

K-On is pretty old but if you haven’t seen it yet I’d check it out since you’re a teen, you might relate.

Also ToraDora was a great romance anime (again, older) but good.

Plus I’m not sure if you’re aware, but Fruits Basket is being remade and is airing right now, on episode 5 I believe.

Since you also liked Naruto & DBZ, I’d recommend Demon Slayer and Rising of the Shield Hero, which are two shorter, currently airing anime.

————————————————

We’ve also got an Art Contest going on right now. Feel free to join in if you’re so inclined.

I also prefer shounen. I have watched Toradora, in fact it's one of the only romances I've finished. I'm also watching Fruits Basket right now, I'll check out Shield Hero ; a lot of people are raving about it. Thanks for your recs!

Edited by Kit Kat K
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

It’s nice to see you also like shounen anime 😍 let’s plan to watch and discuss some together sometime!

If you do check out Shield hero we’ve got a pretty dedicated weekly thread going for it here

• Like 2

Welcome, glad you found your way here 😁. Nice to see someone else appreciates Asobi Asobase’s “unique” sense of humor (closest thing I’d seen prior was a series called Girls High though Hinamatsuri & Chiyo’s School Road are somewhat similar).

Romance series: Favorite is probably ReLIFE (make sure to watch episodes 14-17 to get the real ending). Also enjoyed Recovery of an MMO Junkie, though it’s short and seemed to end abruptly. I’m currently checking out a series called Love is Hard for Otaku. Not as good as the other two, but still enjoyable. 

Series with introverted MCs: I highly recommend Yuru Camp & My Roommate is a Cat which are recent favorites of mine. A lot of anime seem to treat introverts as “joke characters”, but these   2 seem to be more realistic depictions.

Shonen: My Hero Academia’s my fave. Also the aforementioned Shield Hero and some more obscure titles called Buso Renkin and Ushio & Tora.

Hope you enjoy it here

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Friendly 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

18 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

Welcome! 

Toradora 👍

Martian 👍 :D

Greetings to you earthlings from my UFO. 

2vtT.gif

1 hour ago, Ohiotaku said:

Welcome, glad you found your way here 😁. Nice to see someone else appreciates Asobi Asobase’s “unique” sense of humor (closest thing I’d seen prior was a series called High School Girls, though Hinamatsuri & Chiyo’s School Road are somewhat similar).

Romance series: Favorite is probably ReLIFE (make sure to watch episodes 14-17 to get the real ending). Also enjoyed Recovery of an MMO Junkie, though it’s short and seemed to end abruptly. I’m currently checking out a series called Love is Hard for Otaku. Not as good as the other two, but still enjoyable. 

Series with introverted MCs: I highly recommend Yuru Camp & My Roommate is a Cat which are recent favorites of mine. A lot of anime seem to treat introverts as “joke characters”, but these   2 seem to be more realistic depictions.

Shonen: My Hero Academia’s my fave. Also the aforementioned Shield Hero and some more obscure titles called Buso Renkin and Ushio & Tora.

Hope you enjoy it here

Asobi Asobase had me rolling. I guess I need a specific type of humor to be entertained.

Also the thing about introverted characters is so true. I'd love a shounen with a noticeably introverted MC, and I love Deku as an MC because he isn't your typical happy-go-lucky shounen or broody-bastard with a dark backstory kind of character (he isn't that introverted though). 

Yuru Camp was the most wholesome relaxing show I have ever watched. Thanks for the recs.

3 hours ago, Banri said:

Welcome to the community, @Kit Kat K

We're a friendly group of Anime and Manga fans, and always welcome new members into the community :)

Thanks for having me. This place is amazing.

• Like 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

4 hours ago, Kaga Koko said:

I love romance in anime as well and sailormoon

I'm a beginner on the romance/shoujo side. I've started a lot of shows and loved them, only to drop them like 3/4 in. What series do you like?

I'm getting better at navigation, it's very intuitive. I am dying for season 4 of MHA. I follow the manga so I know it's gonna be great, I just can't believe they delayed it. Al least there's AoT.

• Like 1

Well since I binge watched the first 3 seasons any time at all feels like a delay. I can image how it must feel worse for you though, if you’ve kept up with it for so long 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kit Kat K said:

Asobi Asobase had me rolling. I guess I need a specific type of humor to be entertained.

I would have to hit pause at least once per episode because I would be laughing so hard I couldn’t breathe :P It’s very much the opposite of the cute girls doing cute things trope

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

I would have to hit pause at least once per episode because I would be laughing so hard I couldn’t breathe :P It’s very much the opposite of the cute girls doing cute things trope

That Olivia robot was especially shocking. The faces would get me everytime.

6 minutes ago, Seshi said:

Well since I binge watched the first 3 seasons any time at all feels like a delay. I can image how it must feel worse for you though, if you’ve kept up with it for so long 

Not really, I only started the manga recently a bit before the third season. Bones has been delivering consistently and I am *very* hyped.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Welcome, glad you found your way here 😁. Nice to see someone else appreciates Asobi Asobase’s “unique” sense of humor (closest thing I’d seen prior was a series called Girls High though Hinamatsuri & Chiyo’s School Road are somewhat similar).

I couldn't get into any of these.  Hinamatsuri and Chiyo's I finished, but I had to drop AA.  Didn't like the humor, and the animation, sound, etc. did nothing for me either.  I did like Aho Girl however, which is pretty similar.  Go figure.  :shrug:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kit Kat K said:

I'm a beginner on the romance/shoujo side. I've started a lot of shows and loved them, only to drop them like 3/4 in. What series do you like?

I'm getting better at navigation, it's very intuitive. I am dying for season 4 of MHA. I follow the manga so I know it's gonna be great, I just can't believe they delayed it. Al least there's AoT.

Golden time,Magic Knight Rayearth,Fullmoon Wo Sagashite

• Like 1