Favorite anime that no one likes

Seshi

Do you have an unpopular opinion?How many times have you told someone your favorite anime and gotten a bad look? Haha 

Seriously, what are your favorite anime that just get no love from anyone else?

I rather enjoyed an older shonen series called Buso Renikin, but everyone I’ve ever met either never heard of it or their reaction is “meh”.

Rune Soldier is one I really think is underrated, as I enjoyed it more than the more popular Slayers which is the same sort of tongue in cheek fantasy series.

Finally, there’s a parody series called Miami Guns that everyone seems to despise. While it’s certainly not a good series and not one of my favorites, I don’t understand the level of hate it seems to get as I can easily think of worse & more offensive examples of the genre.

• Like 1

Actually most of my favorite anime are quite popular among the anime community. Although - I had a conversation with a couple fellows from an anime discord server and there was nobody who really had any clue about Tegamibachi. I found it myself while searching for another series with similar aspects to Kino no Tabi. 

Some funny scenes where I couldn't resist to smirk. (putting them in a spoiler just in case)

hC1A46D89

Z4L9rGR.gif

Not really hated, but I think Bodacious Space Pirates doesn't get the love it deserves.

And @Ohiotaku, you know what's hilarious about that? I bought Rune Soldier at a con 5-6 years ago....the vendor tried to talk me into getting Slayers instead. I think you are right on the nail with that one.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

What was the main girl's name in that?  Tokiko or something?  I liked her.  She had no time for anyone's isht - if you know what I mean. 

Yeah, her catch phrase was "I'll rip out your guts!" or something similar :lol:

29 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

"Pilot Candidate" - "Candidate for Goddess"

I remember starting that series but not any of the details. Pretty sure I never finished.

I Don't have any anime that I love that other people don't, Maybe Hanebado but Its not like I'm In love with that series.

Tho there Is a series that deserves Much more popularity and Its Mo Dao Zu Shi, Its Chinese but Its a great series with a lot of comedy and action In It.

I Know reviews don't tell everything but the 4 most popular reviews on mall have all given a 10.

So If you haven't seen It I would highly Recommend It.

Season 2 Is coming out this summer If I'm correct.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2019 at 2:36 PM, Ohiotaku said:

I rather enjoyed an older shonen series called Buso Renikin, but everyone I’ve ever met either never heard of it or their reaction is “meh”.

Rune Soldier is one I really think is underrated, as I enjoyed it more than the more popular Slayers which is the same sort of tongue in cheek fantasy series.

Finally, there’s a parody series called Miami Guns that everyone seems to despise. While it’s certainly not a good series and not one of my favorites, I don’t understand the level of hate it seems to get as I can easily think of worse & more offensive examples of the genre.

I was scrolling through the forums bored in class and happened to stumble upon this post and Buso Renkin is a good anime and I cannot understand where the hate comes from myself, maybe the fact that it is a bit older than most of the well known anime’s and the plot can be considered cliche to a certain extent that’s the only reason I can see but as an anime I thoroughly enjoyed it oddly enough though I enjoyed Tokikos presence more than Kuzuki’s not gonna ramble to much but glad another person enjoys Buso Renkin 

On 5/7/2019 at 4:44 AM, Humbby said:

I Don't have any anime that I love that other people don't, Maybe Hanebado but Its not like I'm In love with that series.

Tho there Is a series that deserves Much more popularity and Its Mo Dao Zu Shi, Its Chinese but Its a great series with a lot of comedy and action In It.

I Know reviews don't tell everything but the 4 most popular reviews on mall have all given a 10.

So If you haven't seen It I would highly Recommend It.

Season 2 Is coming out this summer If I'm correct.

Chinese anime is severely underrated it’s starting to gain rise with the popularity of Quan Zhi Gao Shou but I really enjoyed quite a few Chinese animes

An anime that I love that not many people like is Kenichi, despite being a relatively known anime not many people that I’ve tried to discuss it with have heard of it and those who have didn’t enjoy (which I don’t understand) Granted it’s not a heavily plot oriented

• Like 2

On 5/3/2019 at 1:36 PM, Ohiotaku said:

I actually enjoyed what I've seen of it. I ended up picking up the first season of Buso Renikin from the local pawn store. I really wish I could finish the series though.

Juden Chan (aka Charger Girls) is about an all girl's company who's job is to prevent civilians from death by suicide by literally using some sort of electrical outlet (whether it be from a powerline or a toaster) to charge the person's mood up and make them happy. I haven't heard it talked about... at all actually. It has some serious fan service though so I'm not sure if it's not liked or just not well known. Either way I thought it was a pretty hilarious series.

spacer.png 

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1