The Big 5 . . . Whats your number One?

Yuuki_Radosian

59e216b53b79a_big5.thumb.jpg.522a4c66c66fe8390ddb8989fc0e89bc.jpg

[spoiler=Disclaimer]

Please forgive me for possibly starting an anime war.

I wish for peace among all Otaku's in the forum

What is your number one of the Big 5 and why?

Personally I am a huge fan of Naruto but I also love Bleach and Hitman Reborn! and they are both close seconds , Fairy tail is not one of my favorite anime but it's still good by me. Due to years as a Hardcore Naruto Fan I used to have a passionate hatred for One Piece but in my recent years I have come to terms with my hate for One Piece and will soon start watching it , I have heard good things about some of the back stories but a whole lot of warnings about useless fillers , so here's hoping.

Naruto was one of the first anime I watched properly and I grew up with the story (after some catching up) this lead me to develop emotionally with the story , strengthening my love for the show and that's why even now with all the flashbacks I can still say Naruto is my No.1 .

Naruto has strong back stories for almost all of its characters , while the main story may not always seem to have a major point to it the many relations between characters help to push you through those few tough points in the story.Naruto also has some great fights which have great amounts of thought put into them due to the many types of attacks and traps that each character has at their disposal , there are also some incredibly deep and serious points in the story which are often not given enough praise by even the fans themselves.

With Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn I found that if you can make it past the first 25 episodes you will find an amazing story full of surprises and some great battles .While the anime can look a little childish and has a lot of childish features it is definitely not a childish anime and deserves to be watched with the same level of respect as the rest of the big 5 .

Bleach has some of the best fights in all of the big 5 and while the story is shaky it has some extremely good plot points. This anime has some incredible fights and can be seriously thought provoking of you look past the fighting and into the reasoning that the characters have for their actions and why these characters are the way that they are.

Fairy Tale is another of the big 5 , this anime has some very strong back stories to its characters and also has some great fights. this anime has many different and individual characters , giving the anime a vibrant and often comedic look but this should not detract from how serious some of the feelings that the characters have and how well this anime shows these feelings to the viewer.

One Piece [i have not watch One Piece as yet and I plan to start watching it soon so I will be using my knowledge gained from the many fans that I call friends] One Piece may look a little comic and childish but it has a wealth of deep and meaningful back stories for their characters and some great fights with unusual weapons or fight styles being used showing the creativity and hard work put into the anime.

1099378-bigthumbnail.jpg.afd1d23c1bad613ba9be7d650446763c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As a Naruto fan I have to disagree :P but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy one piece :P

I just got past the two year gap in One piece I like how the characters have changed and am looking forward to seeing their new and improved abilities (battle and otherwise).

I really hope that something does develop between Hancock and Luffy but I know how the long runners work so the possibility of that is near to nothing and if something does happen it wont be big and it wont be anytime soon.

Otherwise I am enjoying the show quite a bit :P

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jupiter

My personal favorite out of the top five was Bleach. It was action packed and I enjoyed the story. Honestly, didn't get past season 5.

Maybe I've just been out of the loop for too long, but isn't DBZ considered in the same line as these shows? Or does it not necessarily count since it's the forerunner?

I don't count DBZ because (I believe) it's in a league of its own @_@

On Episode 580 of One Piece at the moment , and I am really enjoying the series I really like how the characters changed after the 2 year gap but I am really annoyed at how all the fights are going it feels as if the fights are too constricted for the Straw Hat crew so you don't get to see them at max power.

I still need to get the last few episodes of Naruto so that I can catch up as I haven't been downloading them lately , I also need to get the latest episodes of One Piece (though that will have to wait a little , just until I get t the end of the episodes I have got) and I also need to catch up with Fairy tale @_@ I might be digging my own grave here . . . ~~(+_+)~~

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Huh.

It's weird seeing bleach and hitman reborn in the top 5.

Does it really deserve to be there?

I mean, since when was the last time bleach has been relevant?

The last time I remember it being popular was when the anime ended.

and hitman reborn isn't nearly bought up as often as Naruto, and One Piece.

Aside whatever my opinion might be from bleach or hitman reborn, aren't the big 5's suppose to be defined by it's popularity?

At this point, it's really just one piece, naruto and fairy tail.

Also, the "Well, i had a discussion about hitman reborn with ****** 2 weeks ago!" bring up the point that stating one experience isn't enough of a justification to prove that this show is relevant.

and I could also bring up the "The Big Sort", but I won't because then this would turn into 20 paragraphs, and no one would be interested in my rambling about the nature of the internet.

It should be the big 3, over the big 5.

But oh well, i'm just really bickering at this point, my entire point could be debunked with "it's suppose to broaden the discussion."

Edited by Guest

• 9 months later...

This ''Big 5'' thing has been outdated even when I've started watching anime... ^^''

So you might ask yourself:

Why the big 5, are they that good that they stand out from all the other anime out there? :angry:

Short answer is no, long answer however is a bit more complicated. You might notice that all of these anime are shonen and that's not a coincidence. What made ''Big 5'' what it was wasn't the quality of content but rather how vocal their fans were, and that's why I've said that the list was outdated since no one ever talked about Katekoyo Hitman Reborn that much... Today's big 5 would probably consist of Naruto and One Piece alone from this list and maybe One-punch Man, Shingeki no Kyojin and one more anime (sadly @RyePotatoes I don't think it'd be Fairy Tail, but then again who knows? :D)

So why did I write all of this? Besides wanting to annoy Rye a bit ( :P )???

I don't really have a proper answer. I guess most of you (if not all) already knew all of this. So yh I wanted to annoy Rye.

*Sorry Rye, <3 ya!

@T:

Out of all those Naruto would probably my favorite, but out of all shonen out there it'd have to be HxH (2011).

Is HxH a member of Big 5 now? Idk, but I think that it's got quite a fan base thanks to recent anime. :)

-________- @Belgrade_assassin As much As I want to oppose you I agree. Now that new animes have been produced and some even mad a big impact on otakus out there and the popularity of these animes may have reduced. But keep in mind that the posting of this thread was long ago and the author may not have the time to update this. It may also come to the conclusion that the top five shown above is his opinion.

Even soooooo, Fairytail is still my Favorite and that's that!

(a little derailment) *kicks The assassin and rolls over him flat* You wanna annoy me huuuuuh? :angry::angry:

Edited by Guest

• Geano locked this topic