Mob Psycho 100. Thoughts?

Kit Kat K

Season 2 has been over for a couple of weeks and I am heartbroken. This series really spoke to me on an emotional level and has quickly become one of my favorites. I'm hoping it gets comfirmed for a third season. 

Feel free to leave your thoughts on the anime below. I've been itching to discuss it with someone.

1500753062_tumblr_omev1cvrhA1sv5krro1_540.gif

• Like 2

Yah, season 2 definitely brought the feels (the week between episodes 8 & 9 was absolute hell wondering

they wouldn't actually kill off his family ...

would they? 😓

Was also good getting a bit more insight into Reigen's mindset & seeing how he & Mob first met. Their relationship is definitely evolving, Mob isn't gullible enough to believe everything he says anymore, but still recognizes him as a friend and mentor. And of course Mob's influence has definitely made Dimple a better ... whatever he is :P . There definitely needs to be another season since he still hasn't confessed to Tsubomi yet and we know next to nothing about her. And oh yeah, the animation for episode 5 was mindblowing.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 2

The animation in general was fantastic. I am a total nerd for good animation and thy style is so lively and flow-y (?). Reigen is one of my top characters. However questionable his initial intentions may be he genuinely cares about Mob and slight spoiler for season 1

Spoiler

watching him effortlessly trick a whole organization with zero special powers is just so satisfying.

@Just me Watch it! the new OP is even better than the first one.

• Like 2

Wasn't into it at first because I hated how Reigen treated Mob lol but one of my friends convinced me to go back to it and honestly...best decision of my f-ing life 😂😂. Does anyone know when season 3 will probably b airing or is there no set date yet?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dot.com said:

Does anyone know when season 3 will probably b airing or is there no set date yet?

Unfortunately there's no set date yet:( but there is just enough content left in the manga for another season, so fingers crossed!

• Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-06-27/crunchyroll-expo-hosts-world-premiere-of-mob-psycho-100-ii-ova/.148357

Since this is is part of their promo event, hopefully CR will stream it at some point, because it sounds like a direct follow up to season 2 and not a recap this time.

Edited by Ohiotaku

• 2 months later...

The fights were AMAZING. They really went all-out making them.

Gotta give props to the people behind that.

Season 2 was good but I didn't feel it exceeded season 1 as some people believe. It just matched season 1 for me.

But season 1 was also good.

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I felt the pacing was problematic. It started fine then started going too fast. Like they rushed the 2nd half.

There was no build up to the main antagonist for me. In season 1 they did a nice buildup of the evil organization and things fit into place.

But in season 2, it felt like walking casually to all-out sprinting. 

There were also parts which didn't come off clear. Particularly the scene in Mob's house. (I'm trying to avoid spoilers without resorting to using Spoiler tags)

• 3 weeks later...

The 2nd OVA is supposed to be available on CR sometime tomorrow. And this one is supposed to pick up where season 2 left off instead of being a recap

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2019/09/23-1/mob-psycho-100-ii-ova-hits-up-the-hot-spring-on-crunchyroll-this-week

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/19/2021 at 10:34 AM, Ohayotaku said:

Let’s go! I really loved season 1 and I still need to watch season 2 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...