Digimon Shipping

ssjup81

I guess having Taiora can be pretty generic, the whole main girl and main boy shipping. Then again, the flip side is true too - the whole 'leader doesn't get the girl' trope has been played out very often as well, especially in a situation similar to Digimon Adventure, where a 'best friend' gets the girl instead, and the leader is cool with it. I guess both cases have their merits, and it would be pretty badass to see Taichi go solo like a real man.

That said, I still can't help feel annoyed about Yamato. No offense, but I find him pretty boring, even more than the cliche 'hot-head' Taichi, whose maturity has only made him more interesting than the truly cliche Daisuke. I don't hate Yamato or anything. I just feel like yawning whenever I see him on screen and I have to put up with watching him being with the rest of the more interesting cast. Even Joe's more interesting, and that's just sad. I guess I've just seen the whole 'cool-headed lone wolf' trope one too many times that it's rubbed me the wrong way.

Sora... isn't any better, frankly speaking. I think most of the 01 cast have problems staying interesting, because their flaws have been conquered. I find Sora's backstory much less annoying than Yamato though, as the whole 'parental divorce' pitch was sold to me far more often than what was going on in Sora's life.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think people liked the concept of Taichi x Catherine because it was the only time we saw Taichi attracted to someone on-screen. Takeru was too.

As for Taiora, like many Digi-ships, they were more popular years ago. That's probably why you're not seeing many forums talking about them.

I think people liked the concept of Taichi x Catherine because it was the only time we saw Taichi attracted to someone on-screen. Takeru was too.

Yeah, but it felt pretty cheap. Doesn't get the main girl, so here's second prize cameo. Better luck next time.

Yeah, but it felt pretty cheap. Doesn't get the main girl, so here's second prize cameo. Better luck next time.

I guess. I never thought much about the pair actually and thinking about it, I think Taiora is the only Taichi ship I like where it's mutual between both characters. I like some characters with a thing for Taichi, but not the other way around. lol

I think Taiora is the only Taichi ship I like where it's mutual between both characters.

I think the same can be said for both Sorato and Takari though. Both pairings have been expressed in a mutual relationship, especially the latter.

• 3 months later...

During Digimon FES 2015, Ai Maeda even cosplayed as Taichi, to the point even on her Twitter feed, she shoehorned a Mimi keychain on Taichi-related merchandise.

Also, supposedly, she likes Mimato.

On a more serious note, I've already reached to the conclusion certain pairings bring out the best or worst of the characters in such ships.

• 1 month later...
Why do I get the feeling Taichi will personally approve Joukari, in-universe?
Why do you think so?

Also, my OT3 is Koumikari.

What's "OT3"?

Yeah, I agree. Like I said, I like the triangle, but not in that way. I like it mutual between Koushirou and Mimi, but like Hikari having a crush on Koushirou.

I do like that triangle, but not in that way. lol

I like Mimi <---> Koushirou <-- Hikari.

We can agree this traces back to the Drama CD.

Um, can we not bring up the subject of threesomes?

It's sort of weird... >_>

Alright.

Yeah, I agree. Like I said, I like the triangle, but not in that way. I like it mutual between Koushirou and Mimi, but like Hikari having a crush on Koushirou.

Taichi previously told Koushiro, "My sister is off-limits."

OH MY GAWSH, when did he say that?! That sounds priceless! xD
Well, in the love letter drama, everyone was speculating who Koushirou's letter was for and one of them mentioned Hikari. I think it was Yamato who pointed out that if Koushirou and Hikari married, how Koushirou would become part of the Yagami family and how he wouldn't be cool with that if it was his sister. Taichi agreed. lol

Heh, whoodathunkit. No-one wants Koushiro in their family, :P

It's pretty harsh actually, especially when Taichi purportedly refers to him as his best friend; looks like only Mimi cares about him the most.

Even harsher when you remember that Koushiro's immediate family is dead...
At the time of the drama, I doubt they would've known, but I can't help but wonder if he's ever mentioned it. We know that Tentomon knows as he overheard the convo Koushirou had with the Izumis and we know Gennai is aware of it.

I guessed they wouldn't know that, but the fact that Koushiro would is the point... :(
Yeah, I got what you meant. I still wonder if anyone outside of Tentomon and Gennai knows about it, though. Tentomon knows from the convo he overheard and Gennai knows because Koushirou told him about it in the Original Story drama (which was fun....he told Gennai he was eating more because some of the 5th grade girls of the computer club were taller than he was [he as a 6th grader]).

• Geano locked this topic