Digimon Shipping

ssjup81

So, since Tri has come out, there seems to be some snippy stuff going on. What do you think?

Taiora/Sorato: I still stand by what I said before regarding Taichi in 02. He seemed to like Sora, who was obviously unaware of this, and fell for Yamato. Seems Taichi still likes Sora.

Takari: Even though I didn't think too much of it, seems Hikari may have a slight liking towards Takeru, given her reaction when he mentioned he was taking a girl to his brother's concert.

Koumi: It's official that Koushirou is crushing on Mimi, but who knows how she feels.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know who's gonna' wind up with who at this point. It's a little too early to tell, except for where Izzy and Mimi is concerned.

Actually, I'm more curious as to how you feel about Tri even bothering to revisit/visit these pairings in such a way.

I want to bring up the Meiko factor. Could she wind up with Tai? And Meicoomon with Agumon? lol Just kidding. I love where this is going. I detest the idea of Takari happening. Bet'cha Davis returns and steals Kari's heart. Just kiddin' around again. It's kind of cheap for the creators to revisit the shippings but I don't really mind. I'm loving every minute of Tri, though I disagree with the amount of months we have to wait until each one airs. That's madness, I tell you, madness!! lol

I want to bring up the Meiko factor. Could she wind up with Tai? And Meicoomon with Agumon? lol Just kidding. I love where this is going. I detest the idea of Takari happening. Bet'cha Davis returns and steals Kari's heart. Just kiddin' around again. It's kind of cheap for the creators to revisit the shippings but I don't really mind. I'm loving every minute of Tri, though I disagree with the amount of months we have to wait until each one airs. That's madness, I tell you, madness!! lol

I agree, sort of. I think Meiko may end up with Taichi. And I actually don't care if there isn't any Takari(but if is confirmed that would be mindblowingly amazing).

A part of me really wishes they wouldn't bother with the shipping stuff as I am fine with how 02 ended...but at the same time, the fact that they're touching upon Koumi is mind-blowing to me. If they made that canon...I'd be a serious hypocrite as I would be yelping and cheering...but if they don't, oh well.

Then again....

image_zps6gzowahh.jpg.fb2e9bf71bb0bc64c3080cb6b19e5748.jpg

...they just look so family like here...

Just recalled something. In one of the dramas, Hikari rejects Daisuke. It's mentioned in passing. Daisuke goes to New York and meets up with Mimi and Wallace, quite depressed, especially since even Iori had, apparently, gotten a girlfriend. While there, they meet a girl who seemed drawn to Daisuke. It's the Natsu e no Tobira CD drama. Edited by Guest

Cool. Even though Davis was a jerk sometimes in Season 2, I want him to be with someone. He's a person too, I'm saying. I'm not on board with Izzy and Mimi shackin' up. They're better as friends, in my opinion.

Cool. Even though Davis was a jerk sometimes in Season 2, I want him to be with someone. He's a person too, I'm saying. I'm not on board with Izzy and Mimi shackin' up. They're better as friends, in my opinion.
I still don't see how he acted like a jerk at any time, honestly. I found his, "She's my girl declaration" for the dub bothersome, but he was NEVER like this in the original. For me, Daisuke > Davis. Daisuke's crush was very normal. It was obvious, but he wasn't direct about it either. He didn't constantly get Takeru's name wrong. The characters around him valued him as a friend and didn't constantly put Daisuke down, etc., unlike the dub seemed to do with Davis.

For the drama, I'm under the impression that he just finally confessed his feelings and she let him know that she liked him as only a friend. As for the girl drawn to Daisuke in the drama, there was a twist.

Edited by Guest

True Daisuke didn't get Takeru's name wrong in Japanese, but he did add a disrespectful suffix to his name.
It wasn't disrespectful, but more so casual and Hikari called him out on it and after that time, nothing.

When it comes to digimon shipping I have to say I'm still salty that Tai and Sora never became a thing at the end of 02. I think that is the main reason I still haven't watched tri yet. I know it's been over ten years but that was the one ship I wanted to happen at the time. I felt so bad for Tai. I will have to force myself to watch and report back.

Edited by Guest

Oh, thanks for clearing that up, silly me :P
At least I think that's what it was...I need to watch it again and listen. I think I'll do that this evening. It has been a long time. I just recall that it wasn't all that bad. With the exception of adults, the older kids (minus Miyako), and Hikari, he didn't use honorifics with anyone. At least I don't recall him using them...

Edit: Ok, watched it. I knew it wasn't bad. He just used "omae" with him. Pretty much an informal way of saying "you", but still a bit rude as he already knew his name. Hikari corrected him by saying, "It's not you. His name is Takeru-kun". He referred to him as "Takeru" from that point forward.

The thing here is if he'd used something like "anata" or "kimi", which are more polite and standard, he still would've been called out for using "you" to address Takeru because, as I mentioned, he already knew his name. In Japanese, pronouns aren't used much in general, unlike in English.

Now if Daisuke would've used something like, "Teme", then THAT would've been really rude and aggressive.

Edited by Guest

Davis and TK fighting over Kari made TK look a bit arrogant. Like, "Your girl wants me!"
Yeah...that never happened to my recollection originally. Which episode was it? What was happening in it? Was it the ep where Hikari was accidentally left behind in the Digital World? Edited by Guest

When it comes to digimon shipping I have to say I'm still salty that Tai and Sora never became a thing at the end of 02. I think that is the main reason I still haven't watched tri yet. I know it's been over ten years but that was the one ship I wanted to happen at the time. I felt so bad for Tai. I will have to force myself to watch and report back.

You see, that's something I've never really got. People say they feel/felt so bad for someone when the person they love goes with someone else, but if the person they love did get with them, the other person would be sad/disappointed too. :\

• Geano locked this topic