Current Hobbies

Optic

What are your current hobbies?

For me:

• Forum of course!
  • Photography: with my compact Canon S95 Point & Shoot camera. It's really good and great for group photos due to the wide lens. Great to put in a carry case with a belt loop.
  • Short Films: One every few months, finding actors and the right time for everyone involved is the challenging part!

• Agree 2

I took up photography as a module for my diploma, using a DSLR was a pretty steep learning curve. I never quite got the shoot I was looking for, but the lessons were fun. I settle for a Panasonic Lumix LX5 and has been my light capturing device ever since. I value photography because it aids my creative process as an artist.

My Hobbies:

Diecast mini cars: I started out collecting Hot Wheels, followed by Tomica when I was in my late teens. As of now, I find Tomica to be the best collecting experience for me - working suspension and opening doors and overall better paint details than regular Hot Wheels. I'm not quite a collector as I don't feel much of an heartache just because I play with them. I am very fond of the 1/64 scale models.

Doodling: For most parts, I was self-taught. But I'm hoping to change that by going to school, I think I'm hitting a plateau in terms of what I can achieve alone. But I'm mighty proud of myself to be able to achieve to this level without professional help. I am seldom happy with my artworks and hoping to achieve something better with the next one.

27075698_m.png

I've got quite a few hobbies, sadly I can't do them all as much as I would like to.

1. Games - Love love LOVE it! Online games, PC/Mac games, console games, anything! Doesn't matter what kind of game either. In for anything if I like it. =)

2. Modeling - Even though it's my job I really love it. I get to be dressed up by a stylist or a make-over from an MUA that makes me feel like a totally different person. Have to play a character and act actually but then with body-language or facial expressions only. It's very interesting and fun to do. The money I get for it is just a nice friendly add to it ^^

3. Dancing - Doesn't matter where actually; club, home, outside with friends etc. it's great.

4. Hanging out with friends - Speaks for itself.

5. Making chemical reactions happen - AKA being a nerd in the labs haha.

6. Shopping - Like every other girl.

7. Anime - Not as much as before because of the lack of time, I still do it ever since I got into it! It never changed.

8. Go-kart - A new hobby I discovered a year or something a go. I love the adrenaline-rush I get. With friends we have one rule; No brake allowed haha! I'm actually doing pretty good. I end up 1st or second place from the group of 8th.

9. Traveling - Visiting friends at far places or just for the journey. I don't mind the traveling by train or car either because I love to drive. Discovering new places, learning the culture etc. Can't wait to go backpacking around Japan next year! Maybe I will run into Valerauke!

10. Concerts! - I've been to over 200 now so I guess that shows my love for it.

11. Festivals - Being three days away from home to see great bands/artist play and a big after party every night. That's when I feel so great! Enjoying the weather with friends, great music and a nice drink. Perfect!

More to add later on.

Edited by Guest

haha, you all are interesting.

Haha Lindsay.. Not every other girl likes shopping. I'm not a big fan of it and I only shop as a necessity, haha!

I have a lot of hobbies.. Here are the current ones I actually have time for:

• Blogging
  • Reading
  • Snail Mail
  • Eating
  • Going to new places - I'm new into this whole traveling thing, but whatever! I like how I earned it with my own hard work ;)

I guess you can say, taking care of another person is a hobby. It is nice. Helps me temporarily forget my own worries :)

I've some hobbies that I spent on these days.

1) Online gaming. I've been into GW2 mmo. It's different than other mmo because of the game-play concept.

2) Surfing those local news and forums. It's sometimes interesting to hear different perceptions and happenings.

3) Japanese animes. I watched few series per month.

4) Korean dramas. Korean is quite active in dramas and they give high quality plots. I'm not into K-pop music but their dramas made me on the seat all the time.

5) Meddling with my violin. I started a couple years back. I'm not very active in it. Few times per week, I spent few hours on learning it.

6) Active in creative-thinking and puzzles. I spent time on puzzles sometimes. The excitement of solving one made me feel happy.

7) Listening to certain genre music. I like certain genres of music. It's usually music than has an epic-feel to it. Some with orchestra and choir. I like those songs that produced by Yuki Kajiura, Sound Horizon and ost from Nier.

My hobby:

Collecting Gunpla model kits. Haha, I think this is currently my only hobby that I'm really totally engrossed in

GAH! How could I forget about Gunpla. While I don't buy and build them so often, I'm always keen on reviews and builds from other "Gunplars". Plastic model kits in general is a visceral experience that takes your mind away from other stuff and focus on the completion on the model. Upon completion, marvel at your handiwork and feel that you have accomplished something epic, no matter the skill level.

Tiring... but is it tiring and satisfying? You know, there's a difference. ;)

Ooh... I see your point. But so far, I don't consider playing sports and reading my law books satisfying. They're tiring and boring and dry. D:

Ah, I see. I remember going thru a few projects, no matter how tired I wanted to finish it. Been a while since I felt like this...

Hi-five on the sports thing, I never could feel happy after feeling like dying.

Recently my hobbies include:

1) Xbox live. I've been playing Gears of War 3 and MW2 for awhile now but my Xbox live membership is about to expire :'(

2) Reading. Kinda been making up for lost time, I never read while I was young now I read like everynight. I'm currently reading Finding Ultra and Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee

3)MMA. Mostly into UFC but I am also trying to watch as much as I can

4)BJJ. I planning on joining a gym next month.

Thats about it right now.

• 2 years later...

I love Boxing , Basketball , Archery , Playing music ( I play quite a few instruments and their all fun ) , Writing poetry and short stories that sometimes turn out to be not so short (400 pages or so . . . not long for a book but I was only meant to write a 3 page essay) , Reading and Maps (cartography) because their F@#king Majestic.

Anime and manga is more of a vital life function for me . . .

Guest Jupiter

My hobbies consist of:

Forums

video gaming PS3/PS4

Anime

Movies and Television

I like to take walks outside.

Hiking

Sleeping

• 3 weeks later...

Hobbies at the moment consists of:

• Playing Sports- Well, I play volleyball and basketball.
  • Forums- I've been on different anime forums with different names so you won't find out about me. :naughty:
  • Is eating a hobby?? Well I guess so. xD
  • And music. I play guitar, bass, drums and piano. Been taught by my mom which is a musician herself.
  • And lastly, hmmm, My Greatest hobby is to stay at home and derp around. :naughty:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi all.

I was just wondering what other hobbies you guys and gals might have?

Me I have been model making and wargaming since I was 6yrs old (so 22 years now).

my preferred area of interest for models is WWII german armour.

for wargaming I prefer historicals but I've done my fair share of Fantasy and Sci-Fi, including Games Workshop, but in all I've played easily over 30-40 rule systems.

I also enjoy reading about Military history, especially WWII and Napoleonics.

what about everyone else?

Hi @JamesValentine , I moved your post to this existing discussion to bump it. Those are some nice hobbies you have there.

I'm looking at picking up my photography again but on the photobox side as I want to photograph some of my anime merchandise and figures in better lighting. It's a rather interesting topic, picked up some various pieces of kit from IKEA and will have a play to see how I go with their lighting.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Photography, music, Sports (basketball, volleyball, football and that's just listing a 2 out of the many I play but basketball is by far my favourite), video games and forums

Hobbies, huh.. Hmm...

I read a lot of trivia here and there, is that a hobby? lol.

I play a lot of games, watch a lot of anime, draw a lot.

But still, my main hobby is probably.. uhh.. sleeping. Don't judge.

But still, my main hobby is probably.. uhh.. sleeping. Don't judge.

Reminds me of a...

[spoiler=....certain someone]

neptune-hyperdimension-neptunia-animation-009.thumb.jpg.cab08e639e622ecd582f763bc02d1af2.jpg

Couldn't resist.

@Kirry and @ssjup81 will probably smack me for driving the thread off-topic. >_<

• Agree 1

Reminds me of a...

[spoiler=....certain someone]

[ATTACH=full]30451[/ATTACH]

Couldn't resist.

@Kirry and @ssjup81 will probably smack me for driving the thread off-topic. >_<

I follow the teachings of the Nep.

Okay peeps, no more off-topic. Someone put the train back on its rails.

Hmm hobbies

I tend to have expensive hobbies like everything else

I really like my motor sports from customizing to show to going real fast ,wether in a straight line or round a track

and recently decided to take my vintage fairlane off the road and do a complete ground up custom rebuild (not the first time ive embarked such a situation for my self or some one else)

currently have the body stripped down for repairs rust and other

and as said expensive ive not finished the body and im already on the third high power motor build for it other two went in to storage at back of my shed for now (may be another project)

ah ill just upgrade my home entertainment now and watch some more anime