Some Recommendations...

ssjup81

Hi all. I was just wondering if someone here could recommend an anime series. Maybe slice of life type series as they tend to deal with real-life day-to-day stuff and is more realistic compared to other types of series. Maybe something that's not too romance heavy. Just...general or if there is romance, that it's more of a subplot, not like THE main plot.

Thanks in advance guys, and something newer is okay as well.

Don't really know what you've seen so far, but here are a few SoL anime that I rated quite high.

Thanks for the recommendations. I haven't seen any of these. I have seen Clannad After Story and its movie. They were...okay.

The others in the list, based on the descriptions, I was most interested in Isshuukan Friends and am interested in that Non Non Biyori series.

Last night, I watched Isshuukan Friends. I was so into it and curious of the outcome I watched all 12 eps. It was nice...but left a lot to be desired in the sense that it felt incomplete. It's made me curious of the manga and am going to check out the manga.

Last night, I watched Isshuukan Friends. I was so into it and curious of the outcome I watched all 12 eps. It was nice...but left a lot to be desired in the sense that it felt incomplete.

I can't believe you watched it all in one sitting @_@ While it was very good while it was airing, as it was worth waiting for each episode every week, I didn't really think it was the type of show you could just rush through. I don't actually remember how the anime ended, but perhaps I'll pick up the manga now that you've mentioned it.

and am interested in that Non Non Biyori series.

Yes! Go watch it! Also, if you like it you are in luck as season two is in production right now. It will probably be aired in the Fall season, but I think its still worth the wait.

I made a thread in the anime title section and I explained it a bit more there. Since we never saw Kaori get over her memory issue, left me feeling that there was probably more to it. That's why I felt incomplete to me. I wanted more information. I also felt that there could've been more dealing with Hajime.

I also felt that Kaori's memory issue was psychological. Seems she'd still have a battle getting over that and fighting it. This is another reason why I felt it was left unfinished. How does she face the trauma? How does she get over it? If this was a legit physical memory trauma from her accident, I wouldn't feel this way.

Have you tried Daily Lives of High School Boys ? it's a pure LOL series with no real point to it but it is a hilarious anime that I end up watching from time to time just because its funny.

Usagi Drop is also great , although short , it's more on the drama side

Detroit Metal City , also another LOL series , it follows a musician who loves soft music but somehow ends up as a lead guitarist for a death metal band and how he and his alter ego deal with every day life and with gigging.

Not sure if this is a slice of life , but Ben-to is another good one

• 2 weeks later...
  • Geano locked this topic