Gaming chat

Lelouch

Share your thoughts on the current game you're playing or planning to get for either PC, Xbox, PS4

I'm currently playing both black ops 3&4 I feel that treyarch should of focused on improving multiplayer rather then add black out I'm not a big fan of it I understand that they wanted to being something new to the game though I feel that as fun as it might be black ops 4 still is a good game what are your thoughts.....? 

Been playing the Sims 4. Got a few more game packs and now I'm building my starter homes in new worlds. Love the building....love playing offgrid style too. Got a farmer I'm playing now :)

• Awesome (Sugoi) 2

1 hour ago, ArchieKun said:

Minecraft

Here too.  My brother just moved his game to a new server/service so we've spent the last couple days "testing" it. 

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! 😇

4 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Here too.  My brother just moved his game to a new server/service so we've spent the last couple days "testing" it. 

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! 😇

Is the new server any better performance wise than the old one. What was the reasoning for the move.

7 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Is the new server any better performance wise than the old one. What was the reasoning for the move.

Actually no.  Just last night in fact I experienced a few episodes of lag and pop-in, which was extremely rare on the old server.  We've only been on the new server for two days though, so seeing this already isn't giving me warm fuzzies.  We had some reliability and accessibility problems with the old server however.  One time it was offline for 3 days with no real explanation.

5 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Actually no.  Just last night in fact I experienced a few episodes of lag and pop-in, which was extremely rare on the old server.  We've only been on the new server for two days though, so seeing this already isn't giving me warm fuzzies.  We had some reliability and accessibility problems with the old server however.  One time it was offline for 3 days with no real explanation.

If the old one worked so well why'd you switch anyway why fix what isn't broke ya know.

5 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

If the old one worked so well why'd you switch anyway why fix what isn't broke ya know.

But it was broke.  When one can't even log in to play for several days and gets no explanation (or offer of refund for the days not served) then it is time to take one's business elsewhere.  If it were a free service then that's one thing, but we are (were) not paying monthly to not be able to log in and play.

Unfortunately the new server isn't looking too great either.  Maybe we just got unlucky and hit a busy sunday-night backup or something.  The lag wasn't unbearable, and at least the server was accessible.  The new one is cheaper as well, so there's that.  (Not sure which one my brother went with this time.. I should ask.)

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, efaardvark said:

But it was broke.  When one can't even log in to play for several days and gets no explanation (or offer of refund for the days not served) then it is time to take one's business elsewhere.  If it were a free service then that's one thing, but we are (were) not paying monthly to not be able to log in and play.

Unfortunately the new server isn't looking too great either.  Maybe we just got unlucky and hit a busy sunday-night backup or something.  The lag wasn't unbearable, and at least the server was accessible.  The new one is cheaper as well, so there's that.  (Not sure which one my brother went with this time.. I should ask.)

Agreed thats pretty scewy if you ask me talk about a joke.

Been playing Black Mesa, the fanmade remake for the original Half-Life, almost finished with it now. Overall it has been great. It's better than the original in some ways, even. Though a few ways it is worse perhaps. I do greatly appreciate the changes to the MP5/M16 though. Instead of random spread and always being inaccurate it has a normal sized magazine, is much more accurate, but has recoil and fully automatic fire becomes very unstable.

Haven't really been playing a lot of anything these days. To me there really aren't a lot of games that keep me coming back for more. I did play Mortal Kombat 11 the other day with a friend and it wasn't half bad, I think the best thing about it was the fact I was playing it on the switch. Something about playing on a hand held makes it feel like a dream come true. Lol

I just found out that Kerbal Space Program is getting new DLC!  Normally I'm not a big fan of paid DLC, but for robotics (and some other stuff) I might make an exception.  I'll have to see the price of course, but if I can find this bundled with the last "Making History" expansion (which was so vaguely interesting that I never got around to getting) then they'll probably get my money.

I just saw the new trailer and gameplay for Ghost Recon: Breaking Point. I have to say it does look very good, the gameplay gave you a look at the stealth moves and close combat abilities. The only reason I'm hesitant to buy it is because I feel like I'd be buying the same game that I already have, which is Ghost Recon: Wildlands. To me this game looks like something that could be added in a DLC, the graphics look the same and it may sound weird the vibe doesn't feel any different. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to have to get "Breaking Ground", if only for the hinges.  :)  Sounds like existing save games don't get the surface features though, which kind of sucks.  If that's the case then I'll have to start my career game over.  Probably for the best, all things considered since the new parts give you a lot more options when designing missions/ships, but I'm not looking forward to (re)building my communications relay network.  I just got a nice station built too.

I finally had a chance to listen to and (somewhat) digest AMD's and Intel's computex announcements.  Pretty impressive lineup on the AMD side, if they can deliver.  I'm already thinking that something like a 3700X CPU, RX5700 GPU, and 1TB, 5GB/s m.2 SSD on an x570 chipset (PCIe4.0) motherboard would make for a really nice home system at a ~$1,000 price point.  To be sure, I saw nothing that gives me any immediate inclination to upgrade from my current 2700X system right away.  But in a year??  Maybe.  By then I'll at least be "needing" a new GPU to replace my "old" RX480 (already do to a certain extent), and might be considering embarking on a 2700X->3700X->X570 motherboard upgrade/migration journey.  Thanks to AMD's consumer-friendly AM4 socket a piece-by-piece migration like this is reasonable to contemplate.  Upgrading to a comparable Intel system will probably need well over $2k, and require at least the CPU, motherboard, and memory to all be upgraded at once.  That's quite the hurdle to overcome, and I'm not the kind that's comfortable carrying that kind of a balance on my CC.  :D

To be sure, Intel's i7s (and i9s, if you can afford them) are great at single-core performance and are best for the currently mostly single-threaded games out there.  Besides being expensive, they're often too hot with all their cores running to be practical in most home systems however.  Especially once the 3d gfx/gaming engines out there become fully thread-aware, multi-core CPUs will likely become "necessary", even for gaming.  I'm thinking in a year or so AMD's chips will prove to be a better gaming option.  They're not nearly so quick to thermally throttle or memory-bottleneck in multithreaded situations, and even the high-end "Ryzen 9" 3900X is going to be priced at less than half the price of comparable i9s.  With just the icy lake announcements and some vague 9900KS mentions to go on I'm guessing Intel's going to have a rough couple years ahead, especially if Epyx's "Rome" starts eating into Intel's Xeon sales on the server side as well.  Curious too what role (if any) Google will play.  If Stadia takes off that's going to mean a LOT of new CPU (and GPU) cores in the datacenter(s), but gamers probably aren't going to be able to pay xeon and nvidia prices.

16 hours ago, The History Kid said:

The problem I've had with most CoD and Battlefield games is they have this really obnoxious obsession with "spray-and-pray" that is rarely seen in combat.  That's coming from someone looking backwards at things.  Then again, I don't play Ace Combat for the accuracy in weapons payloads (which are ridiculous at best).  

Battlefield 1 still gets the most points of any of these games from me, simply due to its largely true-to-form historical depiction.

COD isn’t spray and pray at all.. if you can’t aim, also if you waste all your limited ammo you’re screwed. People actually take time to develop skill here.. when you play online and actually face good opponents that is. Sure there are always those people who camp, or maybe even have cheats somehow, but from when I used to play (2012-2013) that wasn’t the majority.

The most irritating thing for me was uploading a new patch for maps that I didn’t know, and people had them before me since they were released months in advanced elsewhere, and got to memorize the map already, putting us on an uneven playing field. 

Not really that excited about any of the games at E3 tbh.  I kind of liked some of the boneworks demos maybe, though that was more an engine demo than an actual game.  Frankly, my main interest was the new hardware announcements, especially from AMD, but even there...  I mean, Sony didn't even show up.  They're not my favorite company, but what about that PS5?  Even the hardware AMD announced is going to take a while to reach significant numbers of gamers however, and until it does the games themselves won't really be targeted at it.  There was certainly no "killer app" game that would make me run out and buy the new hardware just to play it.  Ask me again in a few months.

It was shocking that Sony didn't show but from what I heard they are going to have their own event but it's just humor I agree with you I was looking forward to seeing what Sony has in-store for the next gen console 

I honestly feel that E3 has gone down in quality as the years have gone by. Especially since they stopped allowing the general public to attend the event. There is less of a reason for the companies to really bring their a game to the show with out a fan base their to be excited about it. I was sad that Ubisoft was not bringing Beyond Good and Evil 2 to the show. The 1st game was one of my favorite games of the PS2 generation. I had it on the PS2, the xbox, the game cube, and  Later bought a digital copy on the Xbox 360. And I actually played every single one of them. That is how much I love that game. I believe that they are doing the same as what Sony is doing.  I also feel that by Sony not coming and doing their own show, they are playing it safe. When Microsoft went in and announced the xbox one, the requirement for the camera enraged gamers everywhere as well as some other issues with the console. I imagine Sony had a similar set up and change things around to come out on top by reacting to the Microsoft 1reveal. So part of me thinks they are playing it safe this time around as well.

Anyways, when I found out that E3 was only going to have nintendo which I don't have anymore and xbox which I never got around to purchasing, my interest in the show was minimal.

• Like 2

I feel if they continue with this trend E3 will eventually will be a thing of the past for this reason if Xbox and PlayStation decide to host their own events annually e3 will just have to stick with Nintendo switch ad far as marketing their products and games let's just wait and see what happens