The oven's ready for me

Cake

My name's Cake, but I surprisingly don't really like cake. I picked the name about eight years ago because I needed an alias and it just kind of stuck.

I love learning and improving. I'm into programming, cooking, writing, psychology, and deconstructing things to figure out how they work. A bunch of other stuff as well. It's really fun to get into these things, but it's depressing when you lose momentum. Luckily, I'm also ambitious and optimistic.

I got back into anime a few years ago after not watching much. Bakemonogatari was what got me wanting to watch more; I love things with character development so I really love series by Nisio Isin. I have a MAL, but I'm not sure this is the proper place to post that? I dunno, let me know if you wanna see it.

I really love the layout here so I'm hoping to stick around. I'm prone to wander, so if I'm not around I'm probably busy but haven't forgotten. Plus everyone here seems friendly.

• Like 2

Hai :3 , Yuuki desu , I'm a Musician and I also love learning and doing new things and I love Music (If it has strings I can play it [except the harp that thing is a b!tch to play]), Anime (especially romance anime ), Japanese culture , Poetry and I also have a little interest in Psychology and I also love cooking (mainly pasta though I freaking love pasta . . . and potato . . . and rice . . . pretty much the starch and plain flavor foods , and I like my food plain , no tomato sauce or salt and whatnot )

I also tend to ramble on but forgive me for that (please :3)

I love helping so if you ever need anything don't be afraid to ask , I'll do anything I can to help anyone , anytime.

I hope we can be good friends , I won't eat you I promise.

oh and my name , Radosian comes from an old cartoon (I know right. . . why!!!) and Yuuki because it means Brave/bold (from what I know :P)

Well that's awesome. I like romance anime as well as long as they don't drag on—like no kissing until chapter 100/season 3. I'm a salt lover and will probably take that to my grave. I love ketchup/tomato sauce but I've been trying other things since sometimes it actually takes away from the food's flavor. It depends on when you use it, really.

No worries about rambling, I love that kind of stuff.

Haha awesome , I really love the unchanged flavor of the food so I eat it as is right after its ready , I was offended by what one of the characters in (i think it was monogatari season 2 ) said to the girl who liked plain food that she was afraid of having any flavor in her life so she ate things plain (I broke my desk) , I'm ashamed I don't remember the names or the words used properly , I watched it last year and yet I still forgot :'(

And I understand what you mean about the romance series dragging many of them do tend to drag quite a bit due to shyness of either the MC or the MLI or something ridiculous which is minor but made out to be a major problem , like Kaichou wa maid-sama , Misaki hates men but she slowly (painfully slow because of her hate for men slows the pace , although it makes a lot of comedy it kind of stunts the progress of the series) falls in love with Usui but her hate for men is overplayed in my opinion but the series makes up for it by being awesome and having loads of other little things that make you laugh and go (o^.^o):'((o^.^o)kawaii

Welcome to Anime Forums, Cake! Hope you enjoy your stay :)

Have any favorite anime and/or manga?

What programming languages do you know?

Feel free to link your MAL in your signature.

Also, I definitely agree with both you and Yuuki that romance stories that just drag on and on without much to any development in the relationship is extremely annoying.

said to the girl who liked plain food that she was afraid of having any flavor in her life so she ate things plain

[spoiler=Spoilers for Hanekawa's development]Ah, Hanekawa's tastes are symptoms of what's wrong with her rather than the cause. So don't take that too personally. It's more about that she has absolutely no preference when it comes to her likes or dislikes. She just accepts what comes to her; has to do with her lack of self worth. That arc dealt with her getting over some of that. But yeah, when she ate plain food it was just purely for survival and she didn't care about the taste. If she had a reason for preferring it to be plain then it wouldn't have been a problem.

I'll have to check out Kaichou wa maid-sama. I've been meaning to for a while.

Have any favorite anime and/or manga?

What programming languages do you know?

Feel free to link your MAL in your signature.

My favorites are the Monogatari Series, Oregairu, Humanity has Declined, and Katanagatari. Favorite manga probably consists of Medaka Box, Girls of the Wild's (manhwa), and Yotsuba&!.

I know Perl, Ruby, Javascript, AS2, and a bunch of others that I haven't used in a few years. I've been using Javascript with node lately.

And thanks, I'll make that my sig.

My favorites are the Monogatari Series, Oregairu, Humanity has Declined, and Katanagatari. Favorite manga probably consists of Medaka Box, Girls of the Wild's (manhwa), and Yotsuba&!.

I just finished watching Bakemonogatari, and I definitely agree that the series is good so far. I was a bit nervous as I haven't had much luck with Shaft shows up until this point, but that didn't matter with this show too much. Oregairu was great. I was really skeptical about it at first since it had such a cliche name, but it turned out good. I'm really looking forward to season 2 during the spring season. :)

Also, I was recommended Medaka Box before, and I tried reading it, but just couldn't get into it, does it pick up later on?

I know Perl, Ruby, Javascript, AS2, and a bunch of others that I haven't used in a few years. I've been using Javascript with node lately.

Oh, that's cool! I know Java, and that's about it. :?

Hello @Cake, welcome to Anime Forums. :)

Ooh interesting. This forum is PHP based. Out of curiosity are you aiming to become a developer or is it more of a hobby?

have a MAL, but I'm not sure this is the proper place to post that? I dunno, let me know if you wanna see it.

You're welcome to place it in your signature, which I see you've already done. :yum:

I really love the layout here so I'm hoping to stick around. I'm prone to wander, so if I'm not around I'm probably busy but haven't forgotten. Plus everyone here seems friendly.

Certainly we can all get inundated with commitments - I myself work full-time so I do tend to do that during weekdays. Feel free to drop by anytime you're free.

Ooh interesting. This forum is PHP based. Out of curiosity are you aiming to become a developer or is it more of a hobby?

Whoops, I totally forgot to include PHP. I haven't used it in forever aside from one recent project. I'm already a developer/web designer; I've done some freelancing in the past few months. I'm currently working on a startup so that's exciting (and exhausting)!

I myself work full-time so I do tend to do that during weekdays

Ah, what do you work in?

@AkashiSeijuro: Thanks, and I'll watch out for you, heh.

• Like 1

I'm already a developer/web designer; I've done some freelancing in the past few months. I'm currently working on a startup so that's exciting (and exhausting)!

Ooh sounds like you have a diverse range of development skills. Hope your start-up is successful. :)

If you don't mind me asking what sort of platforms and technologies do you tend to develop websites around? CMS like Wordpress or Joomla? Bootstrap?

Ah, what do you work in?

I work at a school as an IT technician. Basically a mix of level 1/2 support - as a school though you can imagine the duties can be diverse. It's a pretty chill environment. :)

@Optic: I dislike bloated platforms so I avoid them. Wordpress is pretty bloated in that sense. I don't know about Joomla but I have heard the name. I used Bootstrap for a big project last year, but I've been using Semantic UI lately. It's easier to pick what I want out of it than to use the whole thing, but it's great as a whole. Check it out if you're interested. I love the default design; they also have themes but I haven't tried them out yet. Actually, on that subject, if you're interested in good design check these out as well.

IT at a school seems interesting. Anyone cause trouble yet? I remember a lot of the people I knew in middle school and high school were always trying to bypass site blocks or hack the computer labs. I kind of got interested in computers for similar reasons. Sadly, I haven't played with comp/web sec in years.

• 4 weeks later...

Was meaning to reply to this but kept getting caught up on various things. >_<

Thanks for the links to Semantic UI and those frameworks. I like the look of those, I will play with those at work sometime.

I agree WordPress is bloated. When I had a WordPress powered fansite some of things I had to do to get it the way I Wanted was install a caching plugin, setup a CDN, install an SEO plugin for sitemaps and nicer permalinks, disable all those pesky author and date based archive pages.

But for those that don't want to dive into code too much you can imagine the appeal. Drag and drop widgets. I eventually moved away from it as the loading times in the Dashboard were driving me up the wall as well as juggling compatibility issues with various add-ons.

IT at a school seems interesting. Anyone cause trouble yet?

I work as IT support for a private school so most of the students are more well behaved when I compare it to the time I worked for a public school.

Surprisingly no we don't have major issues with hackers. xD It's pretty well locked down. It's mostly petty issues, students pinching cables, breaking Ethernet cables, dropping their school issued laptops/tablets outside their carry case. Oh and the classic rearranging keys on the keyboard to spell inappropriate words.

To be honest, a lot of the role does not require IT skills such as coding, programming or developing you know? Just making sure things are running smoothly, liaising with suppliers, one on one training, maintenance on audio visual equipment, etc.

One day I'd love to try working in an enterprise environment.

• Like 1