Evangelion 2.0

Optic

Discussion thread for Evangelion 2.0 /2.22! I realise this was released many months ago, BUT I was just curious what your thoughts were on the new character, Mari?

436718-screenshot030.jpg.c8a18fa01a78de9fde953f473734ff62.jpg

I quite like this character! She is strong willed and gets to the point when piloting Unit 05 at the start. But I do feel her backstory hasn't developed much as she disappears after the starting scene and shows up again, midway in the film with a spectacular landing on Shinji. :D

640px-Mari_meets_Shinji.png.50d86909d09b6681d5720b1527be5870.png

And it was a interesting twist when... the piloting roles were changed with Asuka against the Tenth Angel. I hope we learn more about Mari in Evangelion 3.0. Not much longer to wait! :cool:

What are your thoughts?

Oh, it has been a long time since I have seen this film. I liked it a lot though. I like that because of these new films we get to see new stuff. Mari is ok but Asuka is still the best character in the whole series :D I will love her forever and always.

I'm glad it's a movie, the animation and quality speaks for themselves. I could see that the TV series had many difficulties due to the shortcomings of the technology back when it was airing. With (Q)/3.0 showing soon, next month! I'm really curious how they would unravel the mystery shrouding Mari and the new changes that will happen.

Japanese fans are more fortunate since they have the monthly magazine called Young Ace which drops the occasional EVA freebies and scopes on the upcoming movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1waA5dy_GO8

• 1 month later...

Slightly off-topic, but is it possible to subscribe to Japanese magazines and get them shipped internationally? That would be radical! :happy_smiling:

Do you have a Kinokuniya outlet around the neck of your woods? They are well known for stocking up on a huge variety of Japanese magazines.

Otherwise, there're a few online option I can recommend.

• Geano locked this topic