Worst anime character ever?

Manifesto

How could you not like her I mean just look at her. Nah I'm kidding I understand what you mean

[FLOAT_RIGHT]tumblr_static_ba2tk7nshlkcgsko8kgs4k88c.jpg.bb455b34ff17ea3675499afe748c20cf.jpg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

As for me If you mean the character I hate the most it would probably be Griffith (Berserk) or Kirara (samurai 7).

If you are going for just plain bad characters then I would have to say Hajime (Gatchaman Crowds) and Naru (Eureka 7 Ao) I just found them to be useless and insufferable characters.

Hm... probably Nina from Code Geass. While she didn't have enough of a part that she ruined the show, the show would have definitely have been better without her.

I have to agree the show would do much better without her but I do think that she was important (at least a little , during the occupation of the school).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

This is all I can truly come up with, and for the most part, it hasn't changed much over the years. Generally, I have favorite characters and non-favorite characters. It's rare for me to outright dislike or hate an actual character. It's mostly certain characteristics I may dislike, not the actual character. Anyway, this is as close as I can get, so let’s get started, and since I listed more than one, with reasons, I'll use the spoiler tag.

The entire cast of Kanon, minus Mai and Sayuri, Kitagawa (the blonde haired boy), and Kaori along with her sickly sister, whose name I can't recall atm. (I've never seen the 2006 version so I don't know if the characters I found annoying would still have been annoying for it).

Miki from Marmalade Boy I found a bit irritating in some ways. Her insecurity issues were very bothersome. Miki's constant worrying over Yuu's finding someone else was highly annoying. Now, for the manga, I didn't have any problem with her character. I prefer her manga counterpart to her anime one. She kept making drama that wasn't there.

Miaka from Fushigi Yuugi came across as selfish to me where Tamahome was concerned. It's like if all of her comrades were hanging on for dear life over a cliff in a car filled with dynamite while over a pit of poisonous snakes and a vat of acid, and Tamahome was sitting under a tree, and gave off a cough, I'd see her running to his aid before the others. If the anime didn't mean for her to come across this way, then they did a terrible job in doing so since she definitely did come across this way, imo.

Kikyo from Inuyasha I found bothersome for her vengeful nature. I understand why she had hatred towards Inuyasha, so in the beginning, I didn't have much of a problem with her character, but later on, even after finding out that Inuyasha didn't betray her, she still seemed to have ill feelings towards him and those feelings weren't warranted. I don't know if this changed over the course of the series since I did stop watching as I'd finally grown bored of it about 100 or so eps in, but...yeah.

ChibiUsa/Chibi Moon and Chiba Mamoru/Tuxedo Kamen from the original Sailor Moon series, bleah. I disliked the way ChibiUsa's character was because she came across as disrespectful when it came to Usagi and a bit spoiled and ungrateful on a bothersome level. I can get the spoiled thing, as she was an only-child, but it seemed a bit extreme to me. This really really bugged me, but don't get me wrong. I love her for the manga, flaws and all, I just felt the anime didn't do her much justice. I'm not sure if she was the same for Crystal.

Anywho, for the most part, I definitely preferred the manga versions of both Mamoru/Tuxedo Kamen and ChibiUsa. As for Mamoru, he actually did stuff for the manga, had real attacks, and even a combo, father/daughter one with ChibiUsa. For the anime, seems all he was good for was to deliver cheesy lines and get himself kidnapped or brainwashed. I kinda hated his Damsel in Distress role, even though some of these things happen in the manga, but he still played more of a role.

ChibiUsa was a lot less bratty and shows a bit more respect towards Usagi. For the manga, I really liked the both of them. The anime just screwed them over and made me want to scream every time they showed up.

Another thing I disliked that the anime seemed to do that the manga didn't was the whole crush on Mamoru thing from ChibiUsa's side. She seemed to have a crush on the guy, even after finding out that he was to be her father in the future. If the anime didn't mean for it to come across that way, then they failed miserably. That was just way too creepy for me. The whole ChibiUsa and Pegasus thing was too. For the SuperS manga, you got the impression that she was in love with Helios, for the anime, it almost seemed like she was in love with Helios, but in Pegasus form. *Coughs*beastiality*Coughs*

I found Ayeka from the Tenchi Muyo series annoying with the way she kept pursuing Tenchi, but I found her snobbish attitude more so bothersome and, imo, I feel this is my main problem with her character. To me, she came across as a spoiled brat, yet, her sister, Sasami is, to me, the complete opposite and I really liked her character. I do admit to Ayeka bring some interesting situations to the series, just those character traits I have a problem with, even though it could be due to the fact that she was raised as royalty...then again, so was her sister...

Takada Kiyomi from Deathnote. Her character was really annoying to me for both the manga and the anime. I mainly disliked the way her character was because, like with Ayeka from Tenchi Muyo, she came across as snobbish (about the only way she can be compared to Ayeka), and acted as if she were better than everyone else or saw others as being beneath her and thus treated them that way. The way she treated Misa was just terrible. I've always disliked that trait in a character.

Yagami Raito (Light) from Deathnote. Even though his intentions were...somewhat admirable, I guess, I hated his attitude and personality thinking that his way was the right way or that his view was correct and acted as if he were some kind of a flawless Godly Dictator. He came across as very selfish to me, and disliked the fact that he would even dispose of his own family just to achieve any of his goals or ambitions and his treatment of Misa, viewing her as expendable, for the most part was unforgivable for me...

Chris Thorndyke from Sonic X. Season 1, I was okay with him, but seems that anything beyond that, his character just got on my nerves. I guess it's because he took the parts of some of the other characters. Like how instead of having Amy talk sense into Shadow, like how it played out game wise, if I'm remembering right, they decided to use Chris instead. Bah, I don't know what it is. Maybe it's his, to me, unnatural obsession with Sonic that irked me (he spent years trying to find a way to meet him again by the time of season 3) or the fact that the writers were reaching for ways to have him included past season 1. It didn't seem natural at all and pretty much everything dealing with his character past season 1 seemed very forced. At least in season 1, he did contribute to the story naturally, but beyond that he could've been absent for the majority of it, and the story still would've gone on fine.

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 1

Shou Tucker from either Fullmetal Alchemist or Brotherhood. The worst character to ever exist in the anime universe, really. Truly a despicable character. If any of you can top that by naming a character who's worse than him, feel free to do so :D You've all seen the anime (I hope lol) and if you don't, go watch it right now and prove me wrong >_<:D

• Like 1

Shou Tucker is one that comes to mind, with or without him being brought up already, but I think my least favorite anime character of all is probably Tien for Dragonball, Dragonball Z and Dragonball Super. He gets a pass for being stronger than Yamcha and slowing down Cell at one point, but from his intro as an antagonist, to the point where he becomes a protagonist in Dragonball, I see him as a character that needs to do a lot to redeem himself, and he never quite gets there. He's also not even as strong as Krillin, so people giving him a pass for his strength, especially in the wake of a more interesting character like Gohan, I can't really give him the benefit of the doubt like so many do.

Edited by Guest

Shou Tucker is one that comes to mind, with or without him being brought up already, but I think my least favorite anime character of all is probably Tien for Dragonball, Dragonball Z and Dragonball Super. He gets a pass for being stronger than Yamcha and slowing down Cell at one point, but from his intro as an antagonist, to the point where he becomes a protagonist in Dragonball, I see him as a character that needs to do a lot to redeem himself, and he never quite gets there. He's also not even as strong as Krillin, so people giving him a pass for his strength, especially in the wake of a more interesting character like Gohan, I can't really give him the benefit of the doubt like so many do.

I personally liked Tien, at least in Dragonball. He just doesn't get much development throughout the series, but a lot of DB characters don't, at least not in Z. It's a shame because Yamcha and Tien were great characters in the original DB, but were massively overpowered by Goku and Vegeta.

• Geano locked this topic