Weird Anime Names

Manifesto

What's the weirdest name you've ever seen given to an anime character?

The best ones I can think of are

Jacuzzi Splot from Baccano (what kind of gangster names themselves Jacuzzi?)

Lettuce and Pudding from Tokyo Mew Mew (You're living your life on hard mode with those names)

Mr Eugene Frosty from Nabari no Ou (I can't explain that one)

Any other weird names out there?

• Funny 1

First name that pops into my head is Ao (Blue) from Eureka 7 Ao , Renton must have really hated this kid.

Guts from Berserk and Age from Heroic Age are the only others I can remember and they aren't too weird.

@ssjup81: yes - though I was actually thinking of another character that goes by TK too from Angel Beats:

[ATTACH=full]19393[/ATTACH]

He blurts out random English words. xD

You know, I found it odd that you chose him. Although, my memory is kinda fuzzy, I was pretty sure that I had actually met a TK in real life before. Maybe people don't abbreviate names over in Australia?

Oh, strange names....probably most of the Dragon Ball character names.

@ssjup81: yes - though I was actually thinking of another character that goes by TK too from Angel Beats:

[ATTACH=full]19393[/ATTACH]

He blurts out random English words. xD

Oh, okay. lol Well, TK isn't too farfetched a name, is it? It's an English name, and in Digimon's case, this was only used for the English dub, although, I've only come across one TK in my life and the only actor I can think of with that name is TK Carter. Forgot what the TK stood for, though, regarding both. Probably a first and middle name collaboration, like how DJ from Full House stood for Donna Jo.

Back to Takeru, though...for the dub, his name was, Takeru "TK" Takaishi, like a nickname. The same went for Yamato, Taichi, and Koushirou. Yamato "Matt" Ishida. Taichi "Tai" Kamiya Koushirou "Izzy" Izumi. I can say that I find "Tai" a strange name, since it's a girl's name in Japanese. lol I wonder for the dub of Digimon Tri if they'll correct the Kamiya thing back to Yagami since it was a genuine mistranslation and misread and I could understand how, too.

Edit: Maybe, like pointed out above, it's not as common in other countries to have abbreviated names, like in this case, TK.

Ahh I see - yes admittedly I'm not very accustomed with abbreviated names. :largegasp:

Going back on-topic, no other anime character names come to mind for me. Though I can think of plenty of video character names that definitely are weird. ;)

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Jupiter
TK has always struck me as an odd and unusual anime character name.

Same here. A majority of the characters of Dragon Ball Z have the weirdest names. Oolong...Chiatzu. Weird to me.

• Geano locked this topic