Anime Forums watching Anime Movies

The idea of this thread is to find anime movies which we can watch together and then discuss what we liked, what something meant and anything really you want to say about it.

abyzhitdnxlhsua11wzi.png

So here's a suggestion of how that might work.

• First post the title of an anime movie that you want to watch at some point in the upcoming two weeks
  • Others who also want to watch that movie in the upcoming two weeks react to your post with the 🏅emoticon (or just reply to your post saying they want to watch it)
  • If there are altogether at least three people who want to watch the movie, the person who suggested it opens a thread about that movie :) 

A couple of things that might be helpful:
-if you saw a movie that was posted longer than two weeks ago (e.g. new members who just joined), simply quote it or re-suggest it and with luck others will want to watch it then
-you can repost a movie you have posted before but no one said would watch also. Just make sure the two weeks are up before you repost it

-make sure you have access to the movies you say you'll watch
-I chose three people as the minimum because if one drops out you still have someone else to discuss it with
-Even if others agree and then don't watch it, don't hold it against them. just be friendly :)

If you have any ideas on how to make this thread better (maybe limit it to one week instead of two?) just say so and I'll change this post.

All movies, old or new, not watched yet or just want to do a re-watch, are welcome! Trying a genre that you usually don't watch might also be interesting!

Edited by Illusion of Terra
  • Like 2
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

1 hour ago, Seshi said:

Yea, since it’s a voting system, it’s up to everyone to decide.

Secondly, my favie ☺️ I’d love to rewatch with friends:

Summer Wars

ADEAA58D-B091-4B48-A003-5CD31541A667.thumb.jpeg.ee15eb066e9e9115e46621406a87d32b.jpeg

I’d seen it, but it’s been several years and while I remember general themes, I don’t remember specifics. So yeah, I don’t mind revisiting it. 

One suggestion: it might be useful to list where the movie is available (legally at least :P) to make it easier to determine if it’s something members have access to before they vote. From what I see, Summer Wars is available on Funimation but not CR, Netflix or Amazon.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

Yes.. that could be a problem... I think it’s been so long that I forgot where I’d watched it before. However, I’ll buy this one if I have to. 

Edited by Seshi

5 minutes ago, Seshi said:

Yes.. that could be a problem... I think it’s been so long that I forgot where I’d watched it before. However, I’ll buy this one if I have to. 

There’s also the issue that some members are in different countries, which can affect availability. I just thought any additional information could make things easier (hopefuly)

I would think movies would be more convenient than entire series for most people since it’s less of a time commitment. 

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ohiotaku said:

There’s also the issue that some members are in different countries, which can affect availability. I just thought any additional information could make things easier (hopefuly)

Yeah, outside the US you have quite slim pickings when it comes to anime (at least legally). Stuff like funimation, vrv and even crunchyroll is not really available (or just a few titles). That's why it's important that people should look if they have access to it (in whatever way they choose).

Next Thursday or Friday evening sounds good to me (Thursday is the one day of the week I don’t have a currently airing series, but I’ll have houseguests tomorrow through the weekend)

• Like 1

@Illusion of Terra if we are all online together right now at the same time, it should be possible for us to set a mutual time.. it would just be a different number for some of us. I’m sure we could figure it out tho.

It would be cool to watch together at same time but even same day is okay if it’s too difficult for us to manage 

• Like 1

@Seshi kinda is hilarious that we're all living in different time zones honestly 😂 kinda like living alternate realities 

right now it's evening here in Europe, so much later than this could be too late for Europeans. But I suggest you guys just set a date and time (but include the time zone so others can convert). If I see that it's in the middle of the night, I'll just post the next day, no biggie :) 

3 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

@Seshi kinda is hilarious that we're all living in different time zones honestly 😂 kinda like living alternate realities 

right now it's evening here in Europe, so much later than this could be too late for Europeans. But I suggest you guys just set a date and time (but include the time zone so others can convert). If I see that it's in the middle of the night, I'll just post the next day, no biggie :) 

it's not a big deal we can do it.

this is my time zone 

Spoiler

Casablanca (Morocco)   Friday, 17 May 2019, 19:30:00 WET UTC

you can use this website to convert your time zone to my timezone and you'll see if it's good for you.

1 minute ago, Seshi said:

@Fx_Omar it will have to be next Friday, the 24th if you’re set on doing it Friday. Ohiotaku won’t be free till next week.

That time is 4:30 for me in NC. Works for me

Okay, next week sounds good.

• Like 1