Anime Forums watching Anime Movies

How about 

Hakuouki Movie 1: Kyoto Ranbu

Synopsis:

Chizuru Yukimora has come to Kyoto looking for her father, a dr. Who has gone missing. While there, she witnesses a fight between an Oni and the Shinsengumi. Taking her into custody, the Shinsengumi debates on what to do with her while they discover she is the daughter of the doctor whom they are also looking for. There the adventures begin.

53ABD81C-BC28-4D6B-8A84-318456FD0C65.jpeg.5832e6c5517c545114fce78d40092c42.jpeg

• Winner 1

9 minutes ago, Seshi said:

How about 

Synopsis:

Chizuru Yukimora has come to Kyoto looking for her father, a dr. Who has gone missing. While there, she witnesses a fight between an Oni and the Shinsengumi. Taking her into custody, the Shinsengumi debates on what to do with her while they discover she is the daughter of the doctor whom they are also looking for. There the adventures begin.

I'm in on this one. It's a reverse harem series though really focuses mostly on the shinsengumi and the series is beautifully tragic...

• Friendly 1

4 minutes ago, Illusion of Terra said:

Based on the same story some of Kenshin was based on, so I'm definitely watching it too!
but do you have to have seen the series which @Beocatmentioned or can you just watch the movie?

I haven’t seen the series, or movies so I don’t know.

The synopsis sounds like everything will be explained in the movie though.

Edited by Seshi

@Illusion of Terra

I have seen season 1 of the series and the synopsis seems like season one altogether crammed into a movie (a retelling). Could be good and might be different.  I had always planned on slowly collecting the whole series and all the movies. Since I have watched season one, I'll have a unique perspective to discuss it from.

Haven't watched the Madoka movies but I heard they did a similar thing with the movies.

• Like 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/28/2019 at 4:14 PM, Seshi said:

How about 

Synopsis:

@Seshi @Beocat since this (kind of) came up, you still want to watch this? I'd still want to watch it.

Anyone else also in?

• Agree 2

• 1 month later...

I thought I might try to participate, since I haven't had much time to relax lately. Do we just watch the film and then find the thread discussing it? I think I should be free Wedensday evening (I'm on Chicago time.)

• Like 1