What anime impacted you in your life?

Manifesto

Anime for me has been more about helping me to unwind and relax after work. :)

A few titles have influenced me with those that have philosophical plots such as Neon Genesis Evangelion, PSYCHO-PASS and Ghost in the Shell.

• Agree 1

You know, I was pretty sure I replied to this, but whatever, all my text was autosaved.

Hm... if anything, anime can get me in a better mood most of the time, unless I spend to much time watching it, then it will usually have the reverse effect. Other than that though, I don't really let anime affect my every day life (although, it might have changed me subconsciously and I never realized it @_@).

Anime has definitely had a huge impact on my life , even though I have been watching it for more than half of my life I still find that once in a while a series will come along and completely change my way of thinking or teach me something new that I would have never previously thought of .

For me the anime that have had big impacts on my life are

Eureka 7

Usagi Drop

Hajime no Ippo

Beck

Solty Rei

Earth Girl Arujuna

Naruto

They have all affected my life on various ways and have made me change , for better or worse , and I would never wan't to be unaffected by anime. I believe that every anime (excluding one or two genres) has something to teach us whether it be small or big , whether it's something that we know (and need to be reminded of) or not there is always something in anime that you can learn from.

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jupiter

I really like Rahxephon. Its the only anime that I can rewatch without getting tired of it. I love the characters and the story mainly. A lot of effort and emotions went into the making of this anime. Although its nothing like the manga.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

to me anime has not only helping me to unwind and relax but as a self admitted emotionally dead person its has (not all anime but enough) helped me tough emotions ive never learnt before filling a void in some areas

now if it could help me do this in real life , well maybe ive got a way to go still

Edited by Guest

TBH it would have to be the three that first open my eyes to the world of anime which would be DBZ, Pokemon and Inuyasha...While they didn't influence anything like a job decision or major purchases etc they did change the way I look at the world and introduce me to feelings I didn't know I had at the time. While American cartoons occasionally play on these themes, nothing comes close to anime

Definitely Eureka Seven and Spirited Away. Eureka Seven when I was younger (about Renton's age) because it helped me learn some valuable life lessons. I've also been re-watching it lately and can really relate as I have started a new job and am in a similar position to Renton in a way. Spirited Away helped inspire my love for fantasy and helped lead me to becoming a writer. It also taught me lessons about working hard and I re-watched it when I was having a hard time at my first job some years back... :)

TBH it would have to be the three that first open my eyes to the world of anime which would be DBZ, Pokemon and Inuyasha...While they didn't influence anything like a job decision or major purchases etc they did change the way I look at the world and introduce me to feelings I didn't know I had at the time. While American cartoons occasionally play on these themes, nothing comes close to anime

I would totally agree with this. Inuyasha was the first anime I watched that I consciously knew was an anime. Of course, I had seen others before that. But it was at this point in time I became enveloped in the anime world. Inuyasha did not help me make huge life decisions but it was the first thing I truly felt passionate about and could relate to as far as emotions and feelings. It made me cry in some points. I don't know, it just made me feel a lot of things. ^_^

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

I think the first anime to leave a proper impact on my life was probably Sailor Moon! It taught me how to appreciate a great group of friends at a young age, and the general message of friendship and togetherness still resonates with me today :3

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Samurai Champloo

Changed my taste in music after hearing all those good soundtracks throughout the series. It also helped me branch out watching different genres of anime, which also indirectly helped with my depression lol. It also inspired me to be more creative.

• Agree 1

Anime for me has been more about helping me to unwind and relax after work. :)

Same here. Although the one thing that got me into anime was Toonami aka Cartoon Network. Shows like DBZ, The Big O, Outlaw Star, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Sailor Moon paved the way for me to become a witness to many anime shows.

• Geano locked this topic