Why do you cosplay?

Seshi

Is there a meaning in cosplaying for you?

I was thinking recently about having finished certain anime and the longing for more time with those characters.

Do you think missing the world or the characters from an anime has something to do with your desire to cosplay? 

Is there meaning for you, or is it just a trend?

3 hours ago, Seshi said:

Is there a meaning in cosplaying for you?

I was thinking recently about having finished certain anime and the longing for more time with those characters.

Do you think missing the world or the characters from an anime has something to do with your desire to cosplay? 

Is there meaning for you, or is it just a trend?

waterfall-1.jpg

i do enjoy staring at cosplayers like a total creep would ^_^

forrealsies

its pretty fun to cosplay and see other's cosplay, since it'll mean that you and the other person you meet have something in common

were both degenerates

jk, we both love anime xD, unless its a DP(dead pool) cosplay again....>.>

tho', we can all agree DP is funny to cosplay as, couse you can break the 4th wall, that you are already in at <.>

I don't cosplay, but I definitely enjoy seeing people go to town with that type of stuff. For one, I think it's super hot when girls do it. And two, is it not cool to see some of your favorite characters in person? Especially when they really put the effort into their portrayal.

• Like 1

I have yet to cosplay due to the fact that it's quite time consuming, expensive and something I just can't really do right now. However, I would absolutely love to get into cosplay someday due to the fact that I view it as a way to pay homage to the creators of the characters I have grown to love and adore, as well as celebrating said characters. 

I also love seeing other people's cosplay and just admiring how much hard work must go into making such detailed outfits or doing ones makeup to look like an anime character. 

Some of my favourite cosplay:

tumblr_muik7tK2V01rq62gio6_1280.png

Cosplayer-Korea-Ini-Buat-Netizen-Bertanya-tanya-Laki-laki-Atau-Perempuan-5.jpg

2fb6420140e27b2bb5d4dff1a261c0ba.jpg

See the source image

Edited by ItsSammy
  • Like 1

I cosplay for fun~! I haven't cosplayed very much except for Noodle from Gorillaz at a small convention. I was also going to cosplay as Todomatsu from Osomatsu-San at MCM con but it ended up raining (MCM con is far from where I live so the wig would have got ruined.)

• 8 months later...

I cosplay at conventions. I love having ongoing projects that I can work on on and off. I am happiest when I have things to look forward to and cosplay is perfect because there is a lot to learn and its part of the process of being excited for an upcoming event.

It's really nice portraying my favourite characters and showing off what I love; anime/games, the characters and making things.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

21 hours ago, TigerLily said:

I cosplay at conventions. I love having ongoing projects that I can work on on and off. I am happiest when I have things to look forward to and cosplay is perfect because there is a lot to learn and its part of the process of being excited for an upcoming event.

It's really nice portraying my favourite characters and showing off what I love; anime/games, the characters and making things.

Sounds like the best reason to cosplay :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...