Seshi

Why do you cosplay?

Is there a meaning in cosplaying for you?

I was thinking recently about having finished certain anime and the longing for more time with those characters.

Do you think missing the world or the characters from an anime has something to do with your desire to cosplay? 

Is there meaning for you, or is it just a trend?

3 hours ago, Seshi said:

Is there a meaning in cosplaying for you?

I was thinking recently about having finished certain anime and the longing for more time with those characters.

Do you think missing the world or the characters from an anime has something to do with your desire to cosplay? 

Is there meaning for you, or is it just a trend?

waterfall-1.jpg

i do enjoy staring at cosplayers like a total creep would ^_^

forrealsies

its pretty fun to cosplay and see other's cosplay, since it'll mean that you and the other person you meet have something in common

were both degenerates

jk, we both love anime xD, unless its a DP(dead pool) cosplay again....>.>

tho', we can all agree DP is funny to cosplay as, couse you can break the 4th wall, that you are already in at <.>

Posted (edited)

I don't cosplay.           No really.

I have a random collection of thoughts on cosplay, most of them are incorrect, but I'll share - because it's 2200 hrs, I should be asleep, and I'm not - so what should I do?

1. I am an adult.  I will wear whatever I want, whenever I want.  I do not need permission to go to work tomorrow dressed as Black Star from Soul Eater.  I'll probably get written up.  But I don't need permission.  (If I acted him out, I'd be fired...literally...out of a cannon and into the Mississippi River.)

2. The cost.  My god, I have seen some of the pricetags on this stuff - and while people look at me funny for dropping $600 on an amplifier, I look at them equally as cross-eyed when they tell me they spent $275 on a shirt.  Yes, I also foam at the mouth when people tell me they spent $1,000 on a sport jacket.  Sir, there are many other sport jackets that look just as nice that are under $200...

3. I am not crafty.  Not with my hands anyway.  I can't sew.  I can't style.  I was the reason you didn't have nice scissors in school, alright?  So, while I can build a shed, I can't for the life of me figure out how to make a proper costume or whatever its called.  

4. Meh.  Black shirt - tan pants = Li Syaoran from Tsubasa.  I'm good.  Cost me $50.  I can even carry a big stick around if I want to.  Pop quiz them.  Historical inquisition.  If they fail to answer, or answer incorrectly they get smacked on the wrist.

Oh...there's the sleeping meds...

P.S.: I have no problems with cosplayers.  It's just not something that I do.  However, will say - if you are going to a con, and there is a military post nearby - you should probably not go and take pictures of yourself posing on the military post...towards gated areas.  Just saying.

Edited by The History Kid

I don't cosplay, but I definitely enjoy seeing people go to town with that type of stuff. For one, I think it's super hot when girls do it. And two, is it not cool to see some of your favorite characters in person? Especially when they really put the effort into their portrayal.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have yet to cosplay due to the fact that it's quite time consuming, expensive and something I just can't really do right now. However, I would absolutely love to get into cosplay someday due to the fact that I view it as a way to pay homage to the creators of the characters I have grown to love and adore, as well as celebrating said characters. 

I also love seeing other people's cosplay and just admiring how much hard work must go into making such detailed outfits or doing ones makeup to look like an anime character. 

Some of my favourite cosplay:

tumblr_muik7tK2V01rq62gio6_1280.png

Cosplayer-Korea-Ini-Buat-Netizen-Bertanya-tanya-Laki-laki-Atau-Perempuan-5.jpg

2fb6420140e27b2bb5d4dff1a261c0ba.jpg

See the source image

Edited by ItsSammy
  • Like 1

I cosplay for fun~! I haven't cosplayed very much except for Noodle from Gorillaz at a small convention. I was also going to cosplay as Todomatsu from Osomatsu-San at MCM con but it ended up raining (MCM con is far from where I live so the wig would have got ruined.)