Seraph of the End (Owari no Seraph)

Yuuki_Radosian

[FLOAT_RIGHT]A16357-619838036.1424834945.thumb.jpg.dae0abf11525e15ad7a13429ec38b21c.jpg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

After an unknown virus wiped out all adults on earth, vampires appeared and ruled over the surviving children, treating them like livestock. Yuichiro Hyakuya survived along with other orphans by giving their blood to vampires, until Yuichiro escaped four years ago. Now he is a member of the Moon Demon Company, a unit in the Japanese army dedicated to hunting down the vampires he blames for the death of his family

Releasing: Apr 4, 2015

Judging by the preview and the fact that this series is produced Wit Studio(the makers of Shingeki no Kyojin) the action should be amazing and I expect the story to be brilliant as well

[spoiler=Preview]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AMtVwWS0fM

• Like 1

The setting seems interesting enough, I really hope that the characters won't be over looked. Also, it appears that they already have plans for a sequel in the Fall, so it will have enough time to develop the characters since its a two cour anime. :)

• 2 weeks later...

A bit much happened in just the first episode, and there was probably enough to make two episodes out of it.

I wasn't surprised that they were ambushed, but I wasn't expecting them all to die except two of them. Also, doing the 4 year gap thing twice in one episode wasn't too great of an idea. Lastly, it is a bit odd that only one city got taken over, and not anything else.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

I'll be watching this tomorrow, has really piqued my interest. What's the setting and atmosphere like? Is it dark and dystopian or more deserted?

Well, I hope you like it. Its more of a dark and dystopian world with plenty of people/vampires around.

I will be downloading episode one later tonight , though I just finished episode one (streamed it because I couldn't wait :P) .

[spoiler=Episode 1]

We are introduced to the world which has been hit by an unknown Virus that kills everyone over thirteen , then a four year time skip to when we meet Hyakuya Yuichiro an orphan , his "brother" Mikaela , and the rest of his "family" who have (like all the other children) been taken in as a source of food for the vampires.

Mikaela uses his blood to get into the mansion of a vampire noble and steal a map and gun so that the family can escape.

During their attempt to escape the vampire noble appears and kills Yuichiro's family , Mikaela desperately tries to kill the noble but fails and is impaled and looses his right arm , Yuichiro kills the noble and escapes after being pushed to by his dying brother.

Outside Yuichiro is greeted by some people who plan to use him to kill all of the vampires , then another four year time skip to Yuichiro walking through the city.

I have to agree episode one could have been made into two separate episodes.

I they were to split the episode into 1 with the start of the virus and the capture of all the children and 2 the escape plan , I think that they could have done a whole lot better with it.

Although they might have needed a little more material on the children being inside the vampire city , and it wouldn't have hurt to have built the relationship between Yuichiro and the other children a bit more before you know . . . killing them off -_-.

Well it started with a bang and literally an explosion. What a brutal backstory. @_@

As for the children...

After all those friendly faces and talk of family I did find it somewhat shocking to see their untimely impaling deaths and blood sucking.

I did get an Attack on Titan style vibe from the main character, lots of talk on revenge. Be interesting to see what combat abilities these characters have now in the present.

Overall I really enjoyed it, definitely look forward to seeing more. :)

[spoiler=Episode 2]Pretty good episode this week. They introduced these characters much better than the last, and this was perhaps a better first episode overall. His childhood could have been quick flashbacks before the OP during every episode instead of having an entire episode dedicated to it. Seems like there will actually be some action next time, also a love confession maybe? I have a feeling that if there is any romance it will be between the MC and the purple haired girl though.

Great episode showing us some new characters and letting us get to know Yu a little better.

[spoiler=Episode 2]

After a flashback we see Yu in the present as he battles a monster.

Yu is then suspended from duty and is forced to go to school .

He is assigned a surveillance officer named Shinoa Hiragi who will decide weather or not he may be sent back to the army, he is not allowed back until he can make a friend.

He finds Yoichi being bullied by some other class mates and helps him out by buying the bullies some food as he is not allowed to injure civilians.

On their way back to the bullies a vampire breaks out of a research facility and Yu rushes to kill it.

Yoichi helps Yu by saving a girl that was about to be fed on by the escaped vampire and is then saved by Yu.

The vampire jumps out of the window while holding Yu , after they land the Yu is saved by the Lieutenant Colonel Guren.

Yu is taken into the Moon Demon Company after Yoichi shows concern for Yu.

I enjoyed seeing Yu at school and seeing him make a friend , I also really like Hiragi as she looks like she could be quite a interesting character. I am really hoping that Yoichi doesn't die in his first real fight .

[spoiler=Episode 3]Not really surprising that Mika is alive. Strange that he turned into a vampire, but I guess there really wasn't any other way. It's really going to come down to Mika vs the MC and the MC not having the ability to fight against his long lost friend that has changed physically and mentally. Hopefully there is a bit more to the story than that. Also, purple haired girl is my favorite character.

Had a lot of laughs in his episode.

[spoiler=Episode 3]

I really enjoyed seeing Yu go against Shinoa at every point he could , and seeing the bullies come back asking Yoichi to be heir master .

I can't wait to see Yu contract with a demon , that will be an amazing scene .

Mika coming back as a vampire was pretty much a given , I'm just wondering if he is actually on the vampires side or just finding a way to kill them all (along with himself) .

I am hoping to see something develop between Shinoa and Yu later on .

[spoiler=Episode 4]Really surprised Mika hasn't turned evil. Also, it was cool that they added a new character. Seems like he will get along with the MC as well. Unfortunelty, they seem to be straying away from a Yu x Shinoa pairing for now.

[spoiler=Episode 4]

I am happy to see a new character that Yu can relate to and I hope that they become better friends later in the series.

I am looking forward to seeing Yu get his gear , I hope it will be as eventful as I imagine it could be .

I hope Mika and Yu meet soon so that we can see what Yu's reaction will be and what Mika means when he said he wants to save Yu and so we can find out just what the Owari no Seraph is?

[spoiler=Episode 5]Really felt like the quality of both the animation and the script writing went down considerably for this episode. Even so, I look forward to seeing the next episode, and hope that they do something that isn't too predictable. Also, I kinda look forward to seeing the girl on the bottom left of the cover of the anime and wonder when she will be introduced.

[spoiler=Episode 5]

I am interested to see what all this about families is about and how Guren and Shinoa fit in to them.

Seeing demon gear was awesome and I cant wait to see it be used in actual battle.

Judging from what we have seen of the demons before, gaining such rare and powerful weapons cant be that easy so the next episode should be quite eventful.

[spoiler=Episode 6]Alright episode, but wasn't amazing or anything as they already explained everything that happened in this episode before. Maybe Yu and Mika will cross blades in the next episode at least?

[spoiler=Episode 6]

I cant say that the contracting of the demons impressed me much but the way that Yoichi was attacked (psychologically) by his demon was in my opinion the best part of the episode.

Having said that I can't deny that I enjoyed seeing Yoichi's bow being used , it looked great , as for Shihou and Yu I hope we get to see their weapons more in the next episode.

It looks like Yu and Mika will finally see each other again but on opposite sides of the war , I wonder how this will play out.

• Agree 1

Overall so far I like the somewhat post-apocalyptic theme, and characters but it's just lacking impact. Not really feeling much for any of the characters since the first episode.

Music is good though - looking at the production details Hiroyuki Sawano is the composer. Same composer that did the music for ALDNOAH.ZERO which would explain why it had a familiar sound to it for the combat scenes.

[spoiler=Episode 7]

The team gets a new member , Mitsu , and leaves on their first mission.

It will be interesting to see how Mitsu and Yu interact in the future , assuming that Yu finds out about Mitsu's past.

Seeing a little of Yu's weapons power was great and I have no doubt that it will be amazing to see him at full power.

The next episode looks promising as the team prepares to attack a group of vampires , hopefully we will get to see more the rest of the team and their weapons.

• Agree 1

[spoiler=Episode 7]Really great episode this week. Actually the best one yet. The animation quality just increased by like 5x as well, so thats a huge plus. Also, I really look forward to seeing all the members in action, and seeing how they can work as a team.

[spoiler=Episode 8]

Seeing the team get through their first encounters with vampires unscathed was good and the little development with Mitsu was a little interesting but not unexpected.

The appearance of the vampire noble does lead me to think that the vampire attack may be larger than expected and that may be more dangerous for the team than they can handle , especially with Yu with being so hell bent on killing vampires.

[spoiler=Episode 9]

The team is getting closer and closer to the battlefield while Yu and Mikaela getting closer and closer.

The separation of the team will probably cause some problems , hopefully no one dies .

The Doping drugs should come in handy but I have a feeling that Yu is going to go overboard in the heat of battle or when he sees Mikaela.

I hope they meet soon , it feels as though they are dragging out the time before the meeting a little too much and that may be why they have a second season planned already.

I hope that the meeting isn't dragged out to the extent that they only meet at the end of season one as that could really damage the series as a whole.

Ehhh...

[spoiler=Episode 09]

The pacing of the action scenes in this one felt a bit off. Where the heck did the vampires get all those Apache helicopters from?? I also felt the tension was kind of lost as the helicopters were strangely animated - their flyover angles felt strange and jerky. There was one scene in particular where one of the helicopters got shot by Yuuichirou's arrow but it still managed to do a flyover and fire a missile before exploding. Bizarre.

The introduction of the pills by Shinoa is interesting, perhaps they'll use them in the next episode judging from the bloodshed teasers in the preview.

I must admit I'm growing more fond of Shinoa, despite her patronising attitude, seeing her pull such cheeky faces in the midst of their dangerous situations is amusing and always gives me a slight chuckle. xD

Overall, still entertaining. Looking forward to the next episode.

uzume-uranus-ugh.jpg.fcaba0153a8a1de888177fb4322be188.jpg

• Agree 1

[spoiler=Episode 10]Seeing Guren taken out was extremely surprising. I have a feeling he didn't actually die though. After the next episode preview it should be interesting to see Yu's transformation as it looks like the demon took over him.

[spoiler=Episode 10]

Finally Yu and Mika are reunited , Guren has taken quite a bad injury and could possibly be dead.

The reunion of Yu and Mika should be interesting and Yu's transformation is going to be spectacular from the looks of things.

Hopefully Yu doesn't loose control during his transformation otherwise he may be more of a danger to his own team than the vampires.

• Geano locked this topic