Gunslinger Stratos: The Animation

Optic

[FLOAT_RIGHT]gunslinger-stratos-animation-characters2.png.6502dee591b2a4adb0c28757f761344f.png [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

A.D. 2115—the island nation once called Japan is now known as the “17th Far East Imperial City Management District.”

The citizens were promised a life of peace in exchange for some of the comfort they were used to having. People believed their lives would never change and tomorrow will be the same as today. No one suspected the impending doom which their society was about to face.

“Degradation”—a rare disease which led to the total disintegration of the human body to a mere pile of sand was slowly but surely spreading throughout the world.

Tohru Kazasumi, an ordinary student becomes embroiled in a multi universal battle between his world and the parallel world of “Frontier S (Stratos).” This meant that Tohru must fight himself from an alternate world.

Their futures collide as their paths cross. Will both worlds ever find peace?

Future setting, check. Parallel worlds, check. Battling alternate personas, check.

This is an anime adaptation of the third person video game, Gunslinger Stratos. It looks a little bland and my expectations are low on this one as it's derived from a video game series... I am however curious about this one as the games were really popular in the Japanese arcades when I was in Japan.

[spoiler=PV]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNV9XRnmJHs

[spoiler=Alternate Cover]gunslinger-stratos-animation-characters1.png.f3fb4e1647a82ad3d0c935fdbca97781.png

Honestly, I have a really bad feeling about this one. Maybe I just don't want to see another potentially interesting setting be ruined by terrible characters, or maybe its that they are adapting it on an arcade game... Anyway, I have a feeling I'll probably be disappointed and drop it a few episodes in. However, I look forward to seeing if A-1 can prove me wrong.

Episode 1 was much better than I expected and I am really looking forward to seeing more of this anime.

I found the hologram little sister (at least I think she was a hologram) to be very interesting and I think that will probably come back at some point , hopefully no soon so that it gives the anime a bit of mystery.

[spoiler=Episode 2]Weak show, weak characters, weak plot. Honestly, the most interesting thing that could happen to this is that the MC goes out with the small brunette girl instead of his childhood friend. They completely ditched any idea of battling and decided to do an info dump on world building. For a game adaption, that was a really poor move.

[spoiler=Episode 3]Really surprised they killed someone off so quickly, although, she really didn't seem like an important character to begin with. Who am I kidding though, no one seems like an important character. :P Anyway, this is getting kinda bad, and I might drop it soon.

Episode 4: Yeah, this is getting pretty bad, and I don't even care what happens anymore. If they could at least develop the main character and his childhood friend, or focus on better fight scenes, it could have at least turned out decent. I'm dropping this one.

• Geano locked this topic