Plastic Memories

drill

[FLOAT_RIGHT]20872-MTigyWeI0g4V.jpg.d91404ba47d1d1fd4448e5c7d0740c4d.jpg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

This story takes place in a future not too far away when androids that look exactly like humans begin to spread across the world. The android production company SA Corp. produced Giftia, a new kind of android that has the most amount of emotion and human-like qualities out of any other model ever seen. However, due to problems in technology, the androids have a service life, and once they pass that, they... Well, it gets pretty bad. For this reason, SA Corp. creates a terminal service in order to retrieve Giftia that have gone past their service life. A new employee at the terminal service named Tsukasa Mizugaki forms a team with the Giftia Isla to retrieve the other androids, but...

Seems like a good enough anime with an interesting premise. This isn't one of the ones I'm excited about or expect much from though, so I might drop it early on even if it is okay.

• Like 1

This was actually one of the anime that I was almost certain that I was going to drop. While it didn't do too well in introducing the characters, it did have a good cast as well as a decent overall first episode.

• Agree 1

I watched the first episode today and I quite liked it. Will continue to watch it as it airs.

I'm curious to learn more about Isla's backstory and the origin of the android Giftias. I must confess I found it strange that they can eat and drink and shower -very very human-like! Other titles I've seen with androids generally aren't able to eat or drink.

Also updated the slider image for this one with a different image, hope that's cool with you (saved a copy of the old image just in case).

plastic-memories-anime.jpg.4af3eaec7ea288a0a8ccc77ee081434d.jpg

Guest Jupiter

This certainly looks interesting and just premiered April 4th of this year. I like the plot from what I've read so far. I think I'll look into ordering this for sure upon it's release.

I'm curious to learn more about Isla's backstory and the origin of the android Giftias. I must confess I found it strange that they can eat and drink and shower -very very human-like! Other titles I've seen with androids generally aren't able to eat or drink.

Yeah, I thought that was interesting as well. Also, I think that there might be more behind the thing with losing their personalities and stuff after 9 years.

Also updated the slider image for this one with a different image, hope that's cool with you (saved a copy of the old image just in case).

Thanks so much for this, @Optic! When it first aired, I couldn't find any large images for this title, not sure why. :?

This certainly looks interesting and just premiered April 4th of this year. I like the plot from what I've read so far. I think I'll look into ordering this for sure upon it's release.

Or you could watch it while it airs, and if you like it, you could buy it :)

[spoiler=Episode 2]Really good episode this week. They seem to be on the right track for developing both MCs, but its too bad that the orange haired girl is a stereotypical tsundere. Anyway, I have a feeling this will end up as one of my favorite anime if it continues on this path.

[spoiler=Episode 4]Wow... that was really sad. Especially at the end how the black market guy came along and presumably took Marcia. Hopefully they can retrieve her before that happens.

[spoiler=Episode 5]While an alright episode, I really look forward to seeing what actually happened at the end, not what was implied. I also wonder how this is going to effect Tsukasa as it was implied that he was the one that killed her, and most likely injured Isla as well in the process.

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=Episode 6]So, it seems that they are going with the plot line that you know is going to happen, but when it happens, it will seem like it was an amazing ending; much like Your Lie in April. However, I don't know if they've actually built up the characters enough for that. Even though they are nice and all, I don't feel a satisfactory depth to them yet.

[spoiler=Episode 7]They really did a great job with this week's episode. While it is nice seeing the usual terminal service job work, seeing development between Tsukasa and Isla was even better. I also feel that they have grown as characters as well, so even if/when Isla 'dies', it will make it a touching moment since she was a developed character.

Lots of Plastic Memories merchandise now available for preorder. If you're an Isla fan, better get in quick. ;)

plastic-memories-isla-merchandise.thumb.png.8bf95cee69d7828c9baf8d647f1954a4.png

Oh yes, episode discussion.

[spoiler=Episode 08]

Slow episode. Interesting ending though - Tsukasa finally admits his love for Isla. And in turn Isla turns bright red as a tomato.

Will Isla go combat crazy towards the end? Will Tsukasa pull a runner with Isla even after witnessing the Giftias don't seem to retain their memories after being refurbished? So many questions.

uzume-uranus-ugh.jpg.3f681408adbe74f00a60d6cc924628c9.jpg

Lots of Plastic Memories merchandise now available for preorder. If you're an Isla fan, better get in quick. ;)

That mug... :yum:

Just wondering, I'm not much for preordering anime stuff, so do you have any recommended sites for doing so?

Will Isla go combat crazy towards the end? Will Tsukasa pull a runner with Isla even after witnessing the Giftias don't seem to retain their memories after being refurbished? So many questions.

[spoiler=Episode 8]The way that I see it, there are two viable options. Either she will break down, lose her memories, and Tsukasa will still lover her (most likely theory). Or she will somehow maintain her memories as her link to Tsukasa was strong enough to make it so. This is a very likely theory, but if they do choose this path, she will no doubt forget her memories first to make it emotional, then they will go to the amusement park and she will remember everything. Something along those lines.

Just wondering, I'm not much for preordering anime stuff, so do you have any recommended sites for doing so?

I can strongly recommend AmiAmi. Here's a direct link for that mug. ;)

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00037329

Release date looks like late July, but preorders do go quick depending on how popular a given series is. So you do need to get in quick.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Good anime with a good ending, finally some anime that can show 'power of relationship' cant solve everything.*cough*fairy tail*cough*

Put that aside, I think the start wasnt quite good but still not average or below average and I think the story as a whole is great its one of those feels anime, you just have to feel for the mc (8.1/10)

• 5 months later...
  • Geano locked this topic