Food Wars! (Shokugeki no Souma)

drill

[FLOAT_RIGHT]20923-fjkkais6KVzp.jpg.e676885e1af4b15f6ee2c5b793e9315f.jpg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

The anime adaptation of the Shokugeki no Souma manga that centers on Souma, who works with his dad at his family's restaurant. His dad is a culinary master, and he often hosts cooking battles with his father. His father then enrolls him in an elite culinary school that is very difficult to enter, and the graduation rate is only about 10 percent.

I've actually have been wanting to read the manga of this for some time as I've heard that its pretty good. Hopefully the anime lives up to it. Probably wont though. :P

I was actually kinda disappointed with the first episode for this. The setup was alright, but not only was there only one character really introduced for the series, it could have done a lot better without the fanservice. This is only the first episode though, perhaps there will be other characters that can make the show a bit more interesting in the next episode.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprisingly better than the first episode.

[spoiler=Episode 2]Seems like we have a classic Tsundere heroine here. Also, it was nice to see that he actually passed since the grandfather came around and tasted Souma's dish; although, they could do without the fanservice. Still, I'm looking forward to next week's episode.

Best episode yet.

[spoiler=Episode 3]Really like the direction that they are taking this anime. It started out a bit bland at first, but seems to be picking up speed. I hope we get to see more of Megumi in later episodes. :)

[spoiler=Episode 4]Meh, this anime seems to go back and forth. While not a bad episode per se, it didn't really live up to last week. I look forward to seeing Soma beat the one dude in his dorm though.

[spoiler=Episode 5]Well, after learning that this will be two cour, the rest of it should actually be interesting as he won't just jump to the top instantly. This episode was okay, and I was a bit surprised that it was a draw as I didn't realize that was an option. :P I hope the next episode includes more Megumi though.

[spoiler=Episode 6]Considering that this is a 24 episode show, its no surprise that the most recent episode is a two parter. Really enjoyed this episode, and look forward to Soma winning next episode. I'm kinda curious on if they plan to make him one of the Elite Ten after he beats her or not.

[spoiler=Episode 7]Wow, that was actually a pretty good episode. Best part probably being, "Oh, I'm not joining Don RS." And seeing their reactions to that. :D I do wonder what the next arc will be though. Perhaps I should just read the manga so I know everything ahead of time.

A lot of my anime friends from a lot of different forums told me it's an anime that I should really watch. :D

Just waiting for the series to be complete tho before DOWNLOADING it.. :D

A lot of my anime friends from a lot of different forums told me it's an anime that I should really watch. :D

Just waiting for the series to be complete tho before DOWNLOADING it.. :D

Well, you'll have to wait a bit as its a two cour anime, and they are only on episode 7. Maybe you could try the manga out while you wait for the anime?

And so I couldn't help myself and started to download the anime. It was really good! I had Goosebumps while watching the anime. Couldn't wait till the next episode! Waiting sucks! xD

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

[spoiler=Episode 11]It was kinda interesting seeing Megumi as the lead chef for a change. With the effects of the dish, it seems like they won as well. It will be nice seeing that arrogant face lose.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm rather interested in the last dish. Even though he only just came into the show, he already seems more interesting than most of the characters that have been here the whole time. :P Also, he has an amazing character design. Anyway, I also wonder if Soma will actually win against him in the end. Soma should at least beat Nakiri's aid though.

• 1 month later...

I finished the first season of this and I loved it. I loved it so much I picked up the manga and I am trying to catch up. I did not know what to expect watching the first few episodes but with all the humor aside this series has amazing characters. They do a great job telling every chefs story and giving them all great character development as the story progresses.

I can not wait for season 2. I'll will be looking out for it for sure.

Oh and Megumi is most defiantly best girl. (y)

• Agree 1

I finished the first season and I loved it! Cause I'm a fan of food! :3

Waiting until the second season 2 comes out and finishes. So sad that I have to wait impatiently. Not really sure if it does come out or not. But I hope it does! xD

• Like 1

I finished the first season and I loved it! Cause I'm a fan of food! :3

Waiting until the second season 2 comes out and finishes. So sad that I have to wait impatiently. Not really sure if it does come out or not. But I hope it does! xD

I'm waiting impatiently too!

I was hoping because of how popular it's become we would see a season 2 for the winter season but I haven't see any news of it happening yet. :S

I'm hoping we get a 2nd season soon!

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

[spolier]Well just watched the first episode of the summer season!

It was a good first round match between alice and souma. Souma really showed her how a bento is made. xD

Megumi made me laugh in the beginning as well. Megumi and Alice are both best girls. (y)

Edited by Guest

Just watched episode 2.

WHAT A CLIFF HANGER!

I love the match between kiba and megumi so far but we have to wait until next week to see who wins! I'm so far ahead in the manga that I don't remember who wins this match but I hope it's megumi-chan!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...