Optic

Community Manager - Vacancy

Hi everyone:

Community Manager
A vacancy exists for a community manager for AF.  This position is perfect for those that have community experience, are passionate about anime and have a genuine desire to grow the community.

Duties

• Encourage engagement by arranging regular community events
  • Assisting moderators as an escalation point for community queries and resolving member disputes that may arise
  • Optimising features of AF including the Forums, Clubs, Gallery and Blog modules to improve the user experience as required
  • Adjusting user groups and permissions as required to accommodate new ranks, groups, etc.
  • Maintaining the AF Virtual Shop/Point System
  • Help mentor moderators in line with Community Guidelines and adjusting the guidelines as required

Selection Criteria

• Previous experience with engaging with a community. This experience be from managing an event, social media channel, guild or server
  • Friendly and courteous manner with good written English

Benefits

• This is a volunteer position. However, technical mentoring will be provided for this platform and you will gain full access to the platform to help mould the community to meet a shared vision to better unite anime fans from around the world. There is a 1 month probation period for this role to assess suitability.

If you are interested in this position, please send me a message directly outlining your experience and what interested you in applying for this role.

• Like 4

pinned till 6/10/2019 (asia time) for people to see this 

(couse to be honest, i didn't see this at all, chances are everyone else missed this too, aside from archie-kun and wedgy)

dont be shy and pm sempai this spot everyone~

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 5/30/2019 at 4:20 AM, XII360 said:

couse to be honest, i didn't see this at all, chances are everyone else missed this too, aside from archie-kun and wedgy

I noticed it too, but lack the interest, though I did notify an Hmod of my resignation from another community.

• Like 1

I spoke up - I don't know why, I'm a newbie.  I figured the worst that can be said is "no, now perish."

That being said - I've got some ideas...and see potential.  Casual bump too.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, The History Kid said:

I spoke up - I don't know why, I'm a newbie.  I figured the worst that can be said is "no, now perish."

Good a reason as any. 

Having been formally in the role, and knowing what Seshi has done, and could bring to the community my vote would go for her as well.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

Thank you to everyone for your support 😊 I did put in my application.

If you’ll have me, I’d like to try and grow our community.

31D9AA1C-6702-45F6-9F00-D1CC65FD905A.gif.04e55052c5df71e7ef2d483829fb5592.gif

• Like 2
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

On 6/3/2019 at 6:49 PM, The History Kid said:

Realistically, I don't think being relatively new is a bad thing for this kind of role. While intimate familiarity with a community is nice, a fresh and new perspective can have its merits, too.

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

Who is this Seshi guy you guys are talking about? Instead we should vote for dcrigg with his original content 😂

i agree, i've never heard of this "seshi" person, she seems very sketchy...i disapprove of her existance! 😂

#goteamdcrigg

• Silly 1
  • Skeptical 1

Dcrigg is a genius - I don’t know how I could ever compete *commits seppuku*

Dcrigg is a troll

• Sad 1
  • Funny 1

heads up to everyone, (since im sure allot of people have seen it, and have already saw it before)

unpinning the thread to make way for new posts, and also, it is 6/10/2019 (00:00) soo...

thanks for understanding~

also i might forget to unpin it if i wait till morning, so its best to do it when its exactly midnight xD

• Like 1

I vote for Mr. Nobody, because nobody is perfect. 🤣

Seriously though, I have not really gotten a good grasp of either one of the people in the running the place, especially because of what I know.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1