Hajime no Ippo fans please help..

KatakuriSama

So I started watching the anime and first 15-20 episodes were amazing. But after that (specially after his school time) story gets little boring, it's just fighting  > winning > new opponent > repeat .

And now I'm watching 40th episode. Can someone tell me is there an interesting story building up later.

Hey @KatakuriSama I’m excited to see you watching one of my favorite anime so I thought I’d weigh in 😉 so to speak.

Though Makunouchi is no longer being bullied in school, that little tidbit is out of the way, and he’s focusing more on his future opponents. In the coming episodes you’ll see stories from different opponents - not sure what you’re looking for in terms of entertainment, I quite enjoy the learning process and watching Makunouchi grow stronger/ interact with the guys during training. 

The characters you’re about to be introduced to as Makunouchis opponents all have good background stories and gives some more depth to the series, as they will be expanded upon.

Makunouchi also has a love interest (not sure how much you’ve seen of this plot detail, but things do get interesting there as well).

If you’ve enjoyed watching this character grow and want to see him face new opponents, and begin his new life as a pro boxer, I’d say keep going. I enjoyed it til the end. 

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

I can't speak to that anime specifically but I have had that sort of issue with quite a few other animes over the years.  It seems to be hard for many animes to just tell a good story, reach a satisfactory ending, and go on to another topic.  If the current season is popular - which is not necessarily the same thing as "good" from a story progression point of view - then there's a strong tendency to do more of the same and it gets boring.  If the current season isn't popular then they often simply quit and leave it hanging instead of ending it properly. 

Sometimes an anime will intentionally leave the last episode in a "cliffhanger" state, which is really annoying if they don't actually ever get around to making/releasing another season.  That kind of thing pretty much ruins the whole thing for me.  As an artist, why even bother if you're not going to do it right?  As a fan, that feels incredibly rude, like they just did it for the $$.  Why?  Why!  😭  ( :D )

I'm to the point now where I don't usually even start an anime if I know it is going to be a multi-season deal.  I'm a binge-viewer who usually waits for the season's end anyway and I can always come back to it later if I hear it turned out well.  In my experience it is unusual for an anime to get better as time goes on though.  It is rare enough if a second season is better than the first, and I can count on my fingers the times when a 3rd season has been better than the second.

All IMHO, YMMV, etc....

• Like 1

This isn’t one of those times, as a testimony to this particular anime, the story does get rounded out at the end of the season. I’ve watched it as a stand alone to tell you the truth. 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2019 at 7:54 PM, KatakuriSama said:

So I started watching the anime and first 15-20 episodes were amazing. But after that (specially after his school time) story gets little boring, it's just fighting  > winning > new opponent > repeat .

And now I'm watching 40th episode. Can someone tell me is there an interesting story building up later.

Yeah, this is how the anime's pace will be for you going forward, but I recommend that you continue watching as the story within this pace is good.

• Like 1