Any Doctor Who fans out there

Yuuki_Radosian

59e216badfa93_DoctorWho.thumb.jpg.2ac4f7b9047923393e428b06e70b9ef4.jpg

Doctor who follows the adventures of The Doctor

cropped-fotd-o.thumb.jpg.58170655f2b5032512c3b26ba6e49ff7.jpg

[FLOAT_RIGHT]881_The_Tardis.thumb.jpg.ed277bededc65edc325521bdfe6447ae.jpg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

a time lord from Gallifrey , who travels through time and space in his TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimension In Space)

He is rarely alone and often has a human companion who he takes with him on his spectacular adventures .

I love the Doctor Who series and I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone it's brilliant , though I recommend you watch the 2005 Reboot/Continuation from the 1963 series as I don't think too many people want to watch something over 50 years old (mainly because of the quality).

Are there any other Doctor Who fans here , I would love to hear your opinions on the series and hear about which doctor was your favorite and I really want to know what you think of the new doctor.

kuxlarge.jpg.88578ee758cde3f8f2aa84c42ed10410.jpg

I'm still only on the first season, but have enjoyed Doctor Who thus far. It does get kinda weird at times though, and thats probably why I haven't just plowed through the series. I have seen a few episodes on TV of the newer ones. However, besides the Doctor in the first season, the only other one I've seen is the one that is one right from the middle. Between the two, I would have to say the one from the first season was far more interesting, and I thought the actor did a better job in general

I agree that David Tennant (one to the right from the middle) was a brilliant doctor in and my favorite episodes f DW are s 3 e 8&9.

I really enjoyed Matt Smith (the one in the middle) because he was also a great doctor but I mostly liked him because of all that happened with him and [spoiler=Companion]Amy (Amelia Pond) and her boyfriend

, his story and adventures are the best in the entire series , in my opinion.

But we cant forget that each Doctor is different (ie: the doctor who cares , the doctor who remembers , the war Doctor , and so on) so each of them have to portray that as best they can.

If I recall correctly David Tennant is the doctor who cares and Matt smith is the doctor who remembers.

Each companion has a title as well

Amy was "the girl who waited" and Martha was , If I recall correctly, "Doctor Jones" and River was "Mrs. Smith" if I remember correctly.

You probably wont find much about the different doctors or the titles of the companions so you have to listen carefully and figure them out while you watch the series because there are small hints that you would miss if your not looking for them , most of the time the companions titles are only mentioned once (if at all) and it's not something that would grab your attention . Look out for little things like that , it gives the show a whole new dimension and you will see and get a lot more out of the show.

So, I didn't realize that they just added on Doctors from the original series. :P So, it seems that I started with the ninth Doctor. After looking at the wiki, I'm kinda sad that Christopher Eccleston only gets one series. Just wondering, was the first season (the one with Christopher Eccleston) a bit more strange than the others?

Specifically, with the aliens that turned people into suits... that was just kinda creepy.

As far as I can tell so far, every single species that they have come across is hostile. While it does add a bit more flare into it, it seems to get rather redundant really fast. Does this change later on?

As far as I can tell so far, every single species that they have come across is hostile. While it does add a bit more flare into it, it seems to get rather redundant really fast. Does this change later on?

Not all of the alien species are hostile and in fact many of them are peaceful , many of the ones that the episodes are centered around do look hostile but that's just because we see some the bad/crazy ones and sometimes they don't mean harm but cause it anyway (clumsy to a dangerous extent) and sometimes they are just in difficult circumstances

ie: the Ood or the lizard people and even the Cybermen (yes even they aren't a hostile race , all they want is to give humans eternal life and share in all the collected information from their sheared consciousness)

It's all a matter of perspective , We would look hostile to onlookers that only saw the bad side of us like war and crime but there are some races that are completely hostile , like the Daleks.

And also many other races that come up are peaceful / normal so don't worry.

Not all of the alien species are hostile and in fact many of them are peaceful , many of the ones that the episodes are centered around do look hostile but that's just because we see some the bad/crazy ones and sometimes they don't mean harm but cause it anyway (clumsy to a dangerous extent) and sometimes they are just in difficult circumstances

ie: the Ood or the lizard people and even the Cybermen (yes even they aren't a hostile race , all they want is to give humans eternal life and share in all the collected information from their sheared consciousness)

It's all a matter of perspective , We would look hostile to onlookers that only saw the bad side of us like war and crime but there are some races that are completely hostile , like the Daleks.

And also many other races that come up are peaceful / normal so don't worry.

Okay, thanks for the info. :) When I get a bit more time, I'll pick up where I left off.

Okay, thanks for the info. :) When I get a bit more time, I'll pick up where I left off.

I am a major DW fan so I'm glad to have been of some help , if there's anything you want to talk about (relating to DW) I will be more than happy to join in :P

Always used to love the old ones when I was a kid but I never got super into the new ones. It's more like fan-fiction than a legitimate continuation to the series, what with the doctor falling in love with half his companions. The absolute low point for me was the episode where millions of aliens were about to destroy the earth and the doctor literally scared them away just by announcing his presence. I'm not about to argue that the old Doctor Who wasn't also corny and stupid, but I guess the ways in which the new one are corny and stupid just aren't my cup of tea.

Haven't seen the newest Doctor. He looks old and crotchety though so maybe he's not as bad.

with the doctor falling in love with half his companions

The only companion that the doctor has fallen in love with in the new series (to my knowledge) was Rose , though pretty much all of the companions fall for him. Other than that there was

The time when he turned himself human so that he and Martha could run away from The Family and his human self fell in love with a nurse (s3 e8 - Human nature & s3 e9 - The family of blood) , and then there's of course River who is the doctors wife.

I guess the ways in which the new one are corny and stupid just aren't my cup of tea.

I agree the new doctor who is not everyone's cup of tea , just like how I am not the biggest fan of the new doctor .

But we soldier on for Doctor Who is still amazing , and I think my opinion of the new doctor might change when I get to know him a bit more but for the most part he is , as you said , old and crotchety.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
9!!

ROSE!!! *cries*

Season 3 Epi 7!!!

Nice , mine are Matt Smith , Rory and in second Clara , Human Nature & The Family of Blood (S3E08-09) but mainly The Family of Blood episode because of what he does to them at the end ,so freaking cool - the rage of a time lord xD ... or was it the anger of a time lord ??? either way it was awesome.

• 4 months later...
[ATTACH=full]21238[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]21242[/ATTACH]

[FLOAT_RIGHT][ATTACH]21243[/ATTACH] [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

a time lord from Gallifrey , who travels through time and space in his TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimension In Space)

He is rarely alone and often has a human companion who he takes with him on his spectacular adventures .

I love the Doctor Who series and I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone it's brilliant , though I recommend you watch the 2005 Reboot/Continuation from the 1963 series as I don't think too many people want to watch something over 50 years old (mainly because of the quality).

Are there any other Doctor Who fans here , I would love to hear your opinions on the series and hear about which doctor was your favorite and I really want to know what you think of the new doctor.

[ATTACH]21241[/

[ATTACH]21241[/ATTACH]

i grew up in the 80's so when i was young i watched some of those episodes with the 4th doctor who and i liked those fairly well but i cant get into any of the other versions. i havent even tried to watch any of the new episodes it seems like to me the part of the doctor keeps getting more rigid and set to the look of a frail british college teacher..... each new version of him takes on more of that look and mannerism.

I seem to be creeping over to the main forum, one topic at a time :D! This time it's this one, obviously :D!

I watched episodes of the third and fourth Doctor as re-runs back in the 90s, and then the reboot series... oh I also watched the movie with the eighth Doctor, an arc with the seventh Doctor (Remembrance of the Daleks), and the Peter Cushing movies (technically not actually part of Doctor Who, but Dr. Who)!

Since then, I have also watched a selection of older Doctor Who episodes, thanks to a special run on a television channel called Drama, and later, an incomplete showing (although a complete showing couldn't happen anyway) on Horror (part of CBS)!

I enjoyed the reboot, in the beginning, through Russel T. Davies reign, although I didn't given Eccleston a fair chance, the modern look (shaven head, etc.), put me off*, however of the episodes I saw, I thought he was a good Doctor, shame he left because of thoughts he'd be typecast!

My favourite reboot Doctor would have to be David Tennant; I didn't feel Matt Smith was that different to Tennant, which urked me, however this was also when it changed from Davies to Moffat, or what I call, the Dark Time ;)!

A problem I have with the reboot series, is the introduction of River Song, it's cool that she and the Doctor are travelling in different directions through time, but are they? Really? Unless the episodes are out of continuity, surely any episodes after "Let's Kill Hitler" contradict this, because you could argue this is Kingston-River's first meeting of the Doctor!

I will admit, that I thought he did a good job with Silence in the Library, and the 50th! A friend despairs at the thought of Chris Chibnall becoming Head Writer, but I thought Dinosaurs on a Spaceship was alright, pretty zany in my opinion!

After being able to watch the original series, I personally prefer it to the reboot, it has a great outlandish factor, and I feel just better than the reboot, or at least since Moffat!

[spoiler=Moffat Rant: Spoilers]Yeah, you can probably tell I'm not his biggest fan, didn't like the Cybermen in Death in Heaven, they looked pretty cheap to me, wasn't a fan of making the Master a woman, I enjoyed Chris Addison's performance however!

The Magician's Apprentice was cool for bringing in all "shades" of Dalek, and a faithful representation of the Dalek city from the first Doctor's era, but that was it, then there's The Zygon Invasion, everything about it was too predictable, although it was nice Osgood came back, or did she...?

Still, the matter of which Osgood it was aside, it was cool that she came back, and was referencing another Doctor with her outfit!

Actually, going back to the 50th, they did do that mini-episode, Night of the Doctor, which was the other visual appearance of the eighth Doctor! That was quite well received, that people called out for an eighth Doctor series, to run concurrently with/replace the current Doctor Who series!

Moffat put the kaibosh on that, saying "there can only be one Doctor Who at a time!" Personally I think he was afraid of competition, I mean if there was another series, I'm guessing another head writer would helm it, and they might do a better job than he does!

Given how we appear to be making Doctor Who with a mid-series break, just like how the Americans make their shows, an eighth Doctor series, could fit nicely into that gap, rather than just giving us a Doctor Who void, until the series returns!

I'm aware Capaldi is Scottish, but I wonder if the Twelfth Doctor's Scottishness is because of the Eleventh Doctor's love for Amy Pond! Technically the use of a Scottish accent could have multiple reasons, such as the BBC's relaxing on the use of a Scottish accent, something denied to David Tennant, except in Tooth and Claw!

Before I did a proper watch of the original Doctor Who (thanks to Horror), I would have said Tom Baker was my favourite Doctor, but given the re-runs on the BBC in the 90s, only included the Fourth Doctor, and the Third Doctor, it's not like I had many to choose from... that said, I keep forgetting about the fact I watched Remembrance of the Daleks and the eighth Doctor movie, but yeah, I guess that would have still stood, past tense!

Since having a proper watch of the original series, I'd have to say I lean more to Patrick Troughton, and Colin Baker; Patrick Troughton because he was a bit of a ditherer "wait it's not safe, oh no, they've gone, should I go after them?", and I can't really say for Colin Baker, but he was in a great era, very zany, zany soundtrack, opening, well the Peter Howell one! However, I have enjoyed the other portrayals of the Doctor too!

When I have the time, I try to work my way through the Second Trial of a Time Lord (Series 23), although I still haven't watched the First Trial, need to do that at some point, along with a couple of older episodes! At somepoint, I mean to watch through the episodes only available as telesnaps and audio, and the audio dramas of the original series 23!

Right, now we move into the final segment of this post, and it will be short:

• Sonic Shades: *in the style of Dragon's Den* Moffat, I'm out!
  • Favourite Doctor(s):
    • Original Series: Patrick Troughton, Colin Baker, so Two Doctors arc was Christmas!
    • Reboot Series: David Tennant!

[*]Favorite Companion(s): Donna Noble, there might be others!

[*]Favourite Episode(s): Series 2 (2005) as a whole, but School Reunion featuring Sarah Jane Smith, and K-9!!

Rest in peace Elizabeth Sladen, I sometimes consider a continuation of the Sarah Jane Smith adventures, with Generated Anomaly (Jenny - Georgia Moffet-Davidson-Tennant) at the helm!

*if he had the longer hair that he had in Clocking Off, then I might have watched all of Series 1, although I do plan to, at somepoint

EDIT: Ended up adding more to "Moffat Rant"!

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

I've been watching doctor who since 2005 and my favourite are David Tennant and Peter Capaldi.

• 1 month later...

[ATTACH]21241[/ATTACH]

Doctor who is life dude. Its one of the best showed ever and at the same tine Sherlock is too. The same guy wrote both of it lol. Its really cool and I prefered David tennet and 10th doctor but Matt Smith killed it. He is really good too and I love his acting as the Doctor. Peter is ok but I dont really prefer him as much as the others. His companion Clara is funny and she made the series really good personally .... Anyone agree or no?

• 3 weeks later...