Penguindrum

NightDancer

It is the most recent anime I've watched. I heard Caroline ranting about it a lot and when I came across it online while browsing for new anime I decided to watch it. I was instantly hooked because I finished it in two days (24 Episodes) so I think that tells you I find it a good anime!

The penguins in the anime are hilarious and are actually the thing I pay the most attention to when you see them, too bad the main characters don't do much with the penguins. I guess it is a form of their ego/personality in a way so maybe that's why the human characters themselves do not pay much attention to them.

My favourite characters are (besides the penguins) Kan-chan and Ringo-chan.

Kan-chan is the kind of cool, tough guy that wants to take care of everything himself. He can be a bit of a cold person from the outside but I like it how he is not a cold-hearted person at all from the inside. He reminds me a bit of Kai from Beyblade back then, always kind of had a weakness for those type of characters I suppose because they have something mysterious in a way.

Ringo-chan is really funny! You will think she's crazy and weird at the beginning which makes you laugh a lot but later on you get to understand why. I really like her, she is caring and loving. You just have to watch it to love her I guess. =)

Edited by Guest

WHOO, so excited that one of my best friends in the whole world has finally watched Penguindrum :D I am so glad you liked it and that you liked Ringo. A lot of people don't like Ringo but I admire her for keeping her project M. She made me learn to love curries :P EW, Kan-chan. I don't like him very much but this is often the way when we like characters, Linds. I prefer Shouma. Why is Shouma not one of your favourite characters?

Which episode was your favourite?

Yeah, you are right about the penguins being symbolic of their personalities. :) I wish they had done more too. There are lots of great fanart, fanfiction and bonus extras with the series. I will havce to show you some time :)

FABULOUS MAX! <3

WHOO, so excited that one of my best friends in the whole world has finally watched Penguindrum :D I am so glad you liked it and that you liked Ringo. A lot of people don't like Ringo but I admire her for keeping her project M. She made me learn to love curries :P EW, Kan-chan. I don't like him very much but this is often the way when we like characters, Linds. I prefer Shouma. Why is Shouma not one of your favourite characters?

Which episode was your favourite?

Yeah, you are right about the penguins being symbolic of their personalities. :) I wish they had done more too. There are lots of great fanart, fanfiction and bonus extras with the series. I will havce to show you some time :)

FABULOUS MAX! <3

I love Shouma X Ringo! Lots of times I was saying "Now kiss!" out loud. I think my favourite episode is when Shouma and Ringo are going to the park with Shouma's Homeroom teacher. The part when you think Shouma's penguin is going to safe Ringo but then caught a fish made me laugh so hard. Ringo and Shouma are so funny together. At first I thought Shouma was a girl haha I don't know his eyes just look girly.

There was also this episode (I think the 3rd one) were there is a cat in the opening scene and that sound he made was also something that made me laugh a lot or when the penguins are fighting with the red octopus xD

Who is your favourite penguin?

My favourite Penguin is the 3rd one. I also had a plush of Penguin number 3 but it got stolen on the day of when I bought it :( I couldn't believe my rotten luck.

Hahahaha that episode is really funny and also one of my favourites. But my favourite scenes are any of the ones that have the frog in them :P now that was hilarious! What did you think of those two scenes, Linds?

Awwww Shouma x Ringo forever! AND SHOUMA DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A GIRL. I hope I find my real life Shouma one day or maybe I already have! ;) Also have you heard of Penguinbear?

:( reminds you of Twitter .... omg, Penguindrum is 100 times better than Twitter :P hahahaha. Definitely watch it though, Optic. It's now my favourite anime.

Totally agree with you, they didn't remind me of Twitter at all xD Poor Penguins!

So awful that your plushie got stolen! Was it expensive? I don't think I have a favourite one but 2. reminds me of Lucas because he also eats all the time haha.

Kiu~!

I can understand that! I hope you can get a new one soon! Can't believe someone actually stole it. One time I found a bag with a new iPad in it at the gamehall, I just gave it to the owner of the gamehall so he could maybe return it. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I kept it. Anyway that was off-topic.

Sometimes I thought the anime was having a bit of a weird or pervert twist, did you have that too?

Yeah with Momoka! She is so cute and caring. I love how she complimented on Yuri being pretty, so nice of her. I don't know what to expect if Yuri was either sexually or physically abused. That is a bit unclear in a way.

I always assumed she had been physically abused to make her think her body was ugly. But then it could have gone both ways. A lot of the series is left up to what the viewer believes.

What other questions do you have about the show? :) Anything else that confused you? What did you think of the human stick figures they used?

I believe they used the sticky figures so you concentrate/focus on those who are important for the storyline. So those who are sticky figures don't matter, just a crowd =) What do you think?

I think I am leaning to sexually abused because she is completely exposed during those scenes and she doesn't seem to cover up some marks or wounds but that's my opinion. Both ways are horrible...=(

Some things I just found weird at first, I mean sometimes it looked like that Kan or Shouma felt something more for Himari and that kissing could happen. So I was like "That's your sister!" haha but later on you find out they are not each others real siblings so you can understand if there are deeper feelings =)

• 3 months later...
  • Geano locked this topic