Weather in your area?

Guest Jupiter

As of February 7th, 2019 the weather in my area is 13 degrees with patches of freezing rain and sleet. A winter weather advisory is in effect until 12:00 pm for zero to below zero temperatures, heavy ice accumulation and downright brrr. ☃️

Temps in the 60s with thunderstorms developing. Localized flooding likely due to heavy rain & snowmelt. Overnight will become windy and drop into the 20s and not get out of them all day tomorrow. Just ... lovely 😣

3 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Temps in the 60s with thunderstorms developing. Localized flooding likely due to heavy rain & snowmelt. Overnight will become windy and drop into the 20s and not get out of them all day tomorrow. Just ... lovely 😣

Flooding is no good, but thunderstorms can make for great sleeping weather.

Its still snowing fairly hard here where I am. The plows will be working hard today, and tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Flooding is no good, but thunderstorms can make for great sleeping weather.

Its still snowing fairly hard here where I am. The plows will be working hard today, and tomorrow.

This!  Well, maybe not the more violent thunderstorms, but certainly snow or rain makes for excellent sleeping weather, IMHO.  It can also make it extremely hard to get up in the morning!  I just want to stay curled up snug & warm under the covers.  :)

47 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

I had to scrape ice off my car windows this morning to see to drive to work.   This is not how southern California is supposed to operate!

I have quite a few relatives in southern California. I thought it was supposed to always be sunny, with a slight chance of rain every few months?

Also, are you putting two spaces after a period? Just wondering, because I heard of such a thing but had not encountered it yet.

Edited by Illusion of Terra

55 minutes ago, Illusion of Terra said:

putting two spaces after a period?

Yes.  That's the way they taught it in ancient times (middle school), and old habits die hard.

I don't know what's going on with the weather here.  Rainy yesterday, freezing overnight, now sunny today.  Not unheard of, but not normal around here either.

Edited by efaardvark
  • Like 1

The weather here is like this...IMG_4187.thumb.JPG.9c0eefe8ff8f10eb735fd1881595fae5.JPG

Brrr!  The snow level is down to 1,500ft too and they're calling for rain this evening.  I'm at 1,400 so we'll probably get snow or hail later, though if we do it probably won't stay.

• Like 1