Dessert Connoisseurs

Seshi

Please share your dessert oddities from your home town, or far beyond. What great desserts have you ventured out to find?

I’m excited to say that I recently found a Thai fried ice cream place.

This has been on my bucket list since I was in high school, and discovered it while watching anime.

I ordered banana and Nutella 😍

D67E8283-0712-49C2-8754-50AE2B36CD3A.thumb.jpeg.a919d1228e9f9602e43cd38e6fb9f008.jpeg

How it’s made:

Edited by Seshi
  • Like 2

I am not much for sweets if I am being completely honest the sweetest I go is dark chocolate. I am honestly not to big on gourmet deserts, or food in general. 

Though I suppose this is sort of a desert at least its full of sugar. Its one of my favs. I sometimes put them in yogurt too.

download (5).jpg

Image result for crema catalana

This is called Crema Catalana. It is one of my favourite desserts. I do not see it often in restaurant menus.

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

5 minutes ago, Keiko said:

This is called Crema Catalana. It is one of my favourite desserts. I do not see it often in restaurant menus.

That does look amazing. I’d love to try one. I like flan 🍮 But I’ve never had a crème brûlée 

32 minutes ago, Keiko said:

Looks like a strawberry, and egg batter sort of dish. How exactly is this made?

2 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

Looks like a strawberry, and egg batter sort of dish. How exactly is this made?

I have no idea how it's made, however it does not contain any strawberry.

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/eggs-recipes/crema-catalana/ here is a recipe for it.

• Like 1

Oh we have got a couple of people with a sweet tooth.

For me it's Lokum (turkish delight), a turkish sweet I fell in love with. There are many variations of it, so here an example how it looks like.

24170577-pile-der-traditionellen-t%C3%BCrkischen-honig-lokum-dessert.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

24 minutes ago, Illusion of Terra said:

@Muco my parents are huge fans of Lokum and it's quite a popular gift. I personally don't really enjoy it too much because it is a bit too sugary and not enough other flavors. But it's great with tea

I can relate to this haha. 

It takes a huge toll on your teethes if you eat to many at once since they are quite sugary. And yeah it's a sweet you better enjoy with a drink like tea or coffee, depending what you prefer. Luckily, I don't had to pay a visit to the dentist for anything to serious. :P

Edited by Muco
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I love the Thai ice cream thing, I found that in the mall here and it's sooo good. Plus super neat to watch made ^^

A particular dessert that is famous in Kentucky is Derby pie and always comes out around Derby time and I loveeeeeeee it.

Derby pie is a chocolate and pecan tart in a pie shell with a pastry dough crust. It is made with pecans and chocolate chips. The pie was created in Melrose Inn of Prospect, Kentucky by George Kern with the help of his partents. It is often associated with the Kentucky Derby.

TLDR; It's chocolate pecan pie lolz.

spacer.png

We also have a place called "Gigis cupcakes" which makes the most bestest cupcakes I've ever had *-* Though I don't think it is specific to the Kentucky area.

spacer.png

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Never had a banana split until I went to the U.S but I think that was just me.

I like Apricot Crostata, It's a tarte that's apricots and blueberries.

Also Chriesiauflauf. The best way to describe it I guess is a fluffy cherry pie.

Honey cupcakes also great.

• Friendly 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

• 3 weeks later...

its hard to think of something that my region in the US specifically is known for...

i guess it'd be Hoosier Pie

spacer.png

outside of desserts... ive also had rocky mountain oysters, sweet pickles,  and gumbo is a favorite of mine

• Wow 1