Does anyone know any good Japanese Punk Rock bands?

LunarBox

It's almost summer!! AND I get into a punk rock phase during this time. I have heard a lot of punk rock, but I want more. I just want to know if you guys/girls know any good punk rock music. It doesn't necessarily have to be Japanese punk, but it has to be fast and awesome!! So if you all know of any - please gimme more punk rock!!

They are not really punk, but they do rock. Have you listened to Band Maid? 

Oh, shoot. I thought it had to be a Japanese band. Um, have you listened to A Day to Remember? I honestly can’t think of any off the top of my head. Why not try Pandora? 

Edited by OtterNmyWater
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not that familiar with the genre, but the groups I enjoy that I can remember off the top of my head are The Clash, The Offspring, Agent Orange, and Rites of Spring. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Dis
added some songs
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I do know some jrock group L'arc en ciel they did some songs for anime op/ending T.M Revolution same as laruku aka l'arc en ciel they did some op/ending for anime,Back-On And Oral Cigarettes

Some other jrock i know are high and mighty colors,bump of chicken,flow etc

• Like 1

There's Midori, which is a jazz / noise / punk group.
I love Shinigiwa Satellite. Doujin circle that does punk / post-hardcore arranges of Touhou music.
Same with Foreground Eclipse. Post-hardcore Touhou music. Really good as well, but you'll have to enjoy harsh vocals.

Outside of Japanese punk, Strung Out is my favourite.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 6/5/2019 at 2:24 AM, PrestigeTweeker said:

Not a single mention of Hi-Standard?

YES!!!! I love them!!! I never heard of them!!!!!!!!!

On 8/1/2019 at 2:40 AM, dirudiru said:

There's Midori, which is a jazz / noise / punk group.
I love Shinigiwa Satellite. Doujin circle that does punk / post-hardcore arranges of Touhou music.
Same with Foreground Eclipse. Post-hardcore Touhou music. Really good as well, but you'll have to enjoy harsh vocals.

Outside of Japanese punk, Strung Out is my favourite.

YES!! This was an awesome adventure. I've been listening to a lot of Foreground Eclipse since you've sent this. Thanks a bunch!!

On 7/30/2019 at 7:48 PM, Nova said:

I do know some jrock group L'arc en ciel they did some songs for anime op/ending T.M Revolution same as laruku aka l'arc en ciel they did some op/ending for anime,Back-On And Oral Cigarettes

Some other jrock i know are high and mighty colors,bump of chicken,flow etc

Ya. I heard of all of them. I love L'arc en ciel. Back in 2006 I couldn't stop listening to them. Ken was my favorite member!!

On 6/5/2019 at 2:33 PM, Dis said:

I'm not that familiar with the genre, but the groups I enjoy that I can remember off the top of my head are The Clash, The Offspring, Agent Orange, and Rites of Spring. 

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Yes! I've heard of all of those bands! I actually saw Offspring in concert a few times. My favorite song by them is the meaning of life!

On 6/5/2019 at 7:52 AM, Seshi said:

Or The Gazette

I love the Gazette Hyena, Reila, and filth in the beauty are amazing. I was sooooo close to seeing them in concert, but I could't miss work. However, I got to see direngrey that next year!!! direngrey and gazette are competing for the spot of my favorite band!!

On 5/19/2019 at 8:09 PM, OtterNmyWater said:

They are not really punk, but they do rock. Have you listened to Band Maid? 

Oh, shoot. I thought it had to be a Japanese band. Um, have you listened to A Day to Remember? I honestly can’t think of any off the top of my head. Why not try Pandora? 

I love band maid! They're pretty good!! I've been listening to them a lot.

On 5/19/2019 at 7:19 PM, The History Kid said:

So, it's been a while since I've really gotten into the grit of J-Rock.  I'm also not entirely sure what quantifies Punk in Japan.  I'll just pass along a few names that I recall, and those are Jinn and Last Alliance.  I had to dig deep to find that Last Alliance set of albums too on my drive - I can't imagine how long ago I actually acquired them.  Oooof.

I am still getting around to last alliance. I have heard them briefly while working out, but I love what I am hearing so far. Thank you!!

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Ahh..I see you have good taste  ;) Let me just say, I've listened to...not a lot, but SOME Japanese Punk in my life. Anyway, here are some bands I have come across, and really enjoy and you might enjoy too! 

• Aburadako
  • Gauze 
  • The Gazette 
  • Radwimps
  • Shonen Knife 
  • Hi-Standard 
  • Ellegarden

It's not a lot, but here are some bands i've listened to. If you'd like, I can give you some song suggestions too..but I thought you might want to discover them yourself ;) Anyway, happy listening!

Head Bang AWAY!!! \m/