Is Enel really god?

EA-guy

Hi guys :)

I will be honest with you, I asked this question in a lot of forums and still didn't get an answer, in fact, if you searched for this question on google chances are the poster is me. And I also asked people that watch One Piece as well and I'm still looking for answers. And I'm not doing this because of any malicious intent, I genuinely don't know the answer.

So I'm hoping to find an answer here.

In the Skypiea arc in the One Piece anime series, Enel, who is the main antagonist of that arc, says he's "god", is that true?

And if so, does he mean he’s A god, like Thor from the Marvel comic book franchise or does he mean he’s THE God, the one one that Muslims and Christians pray to?

And did any of the Straw Hat Pirates believed him?

1 hour ago, EA-guy said:

Hi guys :)

I will be honest with you, I asked this question in a lot of forums and still didn't get an answer, in fact, if you searched for this question on google chances are the poster is me. And I also asked people that watch One Piece as well and I'm still looking for answers. And I'm not doing this because of any malicious intent, I genuinely don't know the answer.

So I'm hoping to find an answer here.

In the Skypiea arc in the One Piece anime series, Enel, who is the main antagonist of that arc, says he's "god", is that true?

And if so, does he mean he’s A god, like Thor from the Marvel comic book franchise or does he mean he’s THE God, the one one that Muslims and Christians pray to?

And did any of the Straw Hat Pirates believed him?

I think it’s more up to interpretation, but in my opinion I think his powers were causing self delusion him being able to control the island like he was with his Logia lee to him seeing himself as a god but in my opinion he was not a god 

There are a couple of questions here.

Is he really god? Depends on what you mean by god. He might be Kami, which is a kind of god in the Shinto religion, given that he is very powerful and wields the forces of nature. He cannot be God in the abrahimitic sense (Jewish, Christian or Islamic sense). For that he would have to have created everything, be omniscient, omnipotent, all-good and many other things. Moreover there are arguments that this God cannot be something physical in what we usually understand. But Enel doesn't seem to have any of these all-characteristics but does seem to be physical.

3 hours ago, EA-guy said:

I can't remember what he actually said (I mean you can look it up and make a collection of everything he mentioned, and then see what he meant), but I would guess that he meant something like a kami (maybe the lightning god). I don't know if we have any serious One Piece buffs here who could answer this correctly.