Do you have a talent?

Ciara

Your talent, oh you knew it all along. I never could be as compassionate you, I get high on hating stuff.

My talent? Finding the laziest way to do things I do not like.

[/color]

Drawing and making people laugh.

And thanks homes for believing in me ;_;

Lindsay has a gift for drawing too.

I think it's difficult to try and discern (recognise) your own talent, usually someone else has to recognise it because in your own mind it may be quite normal for you!

As for my talent? Still working on it, I'll get back to you on that one. ;)

I do what I like to do, like watching animes. Whether I am talented at it, god knows. In my opinion, whether you are 'talented' at something depends on whether other people has that 'talent' as well. If everybody has that 'talent', then it is not a 'talent'. To the crippled, walking is a talent, if you get what I mean. To me, I do what I like to do.

I have someone who told me that I have a talent in watching anime. He told me that he does not have the patience to just sit in front of the computer and just watch. But I don't consider that a talent, just something I like to do. :\

• 2 weeks later...

I have someone who told me that I have a talent in watching anime. He told me that he does not have the patience to just sit in front of the computer and just watch. But I don't consider that a talent, just something I like to do. :\

Indeed, that sounds more like a passion. I've had more time to think about this, and clearly it's important to clearly distinguish between talents and passions.

Talents inevitably involves a benchmark between yourself and others for a given skill. Synonymous with record breaking or career success?

Passions on the other hand, involve doing the things you really enjoy! Though there is no reason why your passion couldn't also be your talent, let alone your career. My Lithuanian friend is a professional Violinist, so therefore she would be passionate about it and if successful in concerts, would be talented.

I think that sounds about right, though feel free to correct me. :D

• 2 years later...

I have one or two talents , I am a good musician , I can play almost all instruments (just not the brass or flutes or anything that I have to blow to make a sound) I'm best with string instruments and my top 3 of those are guitar (obvious) , ukulele and the mandolin .I also sing in many styles and I write a whole lot of music (good music in case you were wondering ^-^). I have also been told that I am unusually good at writing poetry and short stories (very short stories , if I start going too much into them I end up with a novel) though most of my poetry is either despairingly sad or just plain gruesome .

Hm... well, I have a lot of talents I guess. I'm pretty good with computers, math, science, and other stuff. I've even created my own formulas in high level math and science courses. Usually, these are shortcuts to find specific variables that would normally have had a ton of work involved. With computers, I wrote a 5,000 line program which was a game I used to work on that I submitted as my high school final exam. I worked on it later in college, but got kinda bored with it since no one was interested. I also have the talent of forgetting things better than anyone else.... What, thats not a talent? Lies. xD

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Actually, I am supposedly pretty good at cooking/baking, but it doesn't really count for anything.

Tell that to the people who want your food , I guarantee that they will tell you it matters :P

Everyone loves the cook ;)

I've kept trying to tell them that i'm not good, but they won't agree with me, x.x

When you always find flaws in what you do and try your best to correct them you become very good at what you do but because you always look for flaws , you will always find them and so you will always think that you are not good enough at what you do , even the best of musicians constantly try to better themselves because they recognize that they aren't perfect and work to be better than they were before.

The key to perfection is understanding the fact that you can't be 100% perfect.

BTW: I also cook but mainly Italian dishes (love my pasta) and anything to do with potato , though my food is never the same dish twice (not literally) .

I cook with my nose , so if the ingredients smell good together then I'm happy to use them and that has lead to some . . . interesting dishes (not all of them were edible . . . mistakes were made).

• Informative 1

I just have pretty low confidence in myself in general, lol. I have a hard time letting compliments stand without me ending up saying that what they said isn't true, or something.

I know that i've gotten better since i've started cooking (my knife skills are still pretty awful, though), but...

I know that I've gotten better since I've started cooking (my knife skills are still pretty awful, though), but...

I'm great with knives , I have been plating with knives since I was a little kid and I still sleep with one under my pillow (for safety sake , what if someone breaks in [very common in South Africa]) I learned to throw knives when I was young as well and I could also flick pins (can't do that anymore . . . out of practice). My father took away my collection when I stabbed him though (he shot me [air rifle not live bullets] so I think it was a fair move on my part).