What's annoying you?

Illusion of Terra

My mom is pretty annoying, she's turned into this very controlling person, and thinks about who disagrees with her is immature. Also theres somethings you don't want to talk about sometimes, but she will keep on trying to force you to talk about. Almost impossible to talk to someone like this. 

Edited by Serge heartless
  • Like 1

Week three, finally spotted a plumbing service van nearby. however, it's a plumber and heating/AC service, so they might be here for someone's AC system, not necessarily for fixing the water leakage.

Seriously though, not sure when they're going to fix it. Talked to the janitor and his response was 'I know as much as you do'. One more reason why it'd be great to buy a house. I hate living in the city 😂

On 6/5/2019 at 1:42 PM, Ohiotaku said:

Had to get stuck with a needle three times  today when they tried to draw blood for my checkup. Sadly it’s not the first time they’ve had trouble finding a vein. No wonder I feel tired.

Oooh yeah that sucks. I have that issue a LOT, except with IVs usually. One of the goto veins is actually hardened up in my right arm because they used it so much. It also took then 7 attempts to get a damn PIC line in me which was possibly the worst experience of my life, but thats a whole other bucket of lava bees. Anyways point being yeah I feel you and wish you didn't have to deal with that, it is frigging awful when they need more than one go. I feel like for each extra attempt they should give you a discount on the fee. At 3 attempts you should get a free drink of your choice~

So what has irked me after a recent occurrence is somebody just barging through a closed door. I have had this happen both at home and at work. Closed door = stay the hell out, or at the VERY least, fricking knock first. 

• 2 weeks later...

People who don't know how to drive. Really like how are you going to pull out in front of me, then get mad I honk at you. Next time maybe ill just hit you, and then explain to the cops that this person didn't even stop and just kept going. And I thought they would stop. Then they'll get a ticket and have their insurance raise through the roof. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Serge heartless said:

People who don't know how to drive. Really like how are you going to pull out in front of me, then get mad I honk at you. Next time maybe ill just hit you, and then explain to the cops that this person didn't even stop and just kept going. And I thought they would stop. Then they'll get a ticket and have their insurance raise through the roof. 

These situations stress me out!!! I almost got nailed the other day, and I was shaking for a while. The thing is, I always say - the driver didn’t do it to harm me, they are just driving selfishly/distracted, or perhaps are even innocent in making poor judgement. That’s why they call them accidents most of the time- unless you’re talking about someone driving completely negligently going 20mph over the speed limit of drinking & driving, those aren’t accidents, more close to intentional neglect. 

I have to tell my hubby all the time that the driver didn’t cut them off on purpose - that people have their own reasons for driving how they do and it’s not that people are out to get you, so to speak. It is very annoying, but when you can look at it from a perspective of forgiveness it’s easier to let it go.

1 hour ago, Seshi said:

These situations stress me out!!! I almost got nailed the other day, and I was shaking for a while. The thing is, I always say - the driver didn’t do it to harm me, they are just driving selfishly/distracted, or perhaps are even innocent in making poor judgement. That’s why they call them accidents most of the time- unless you’re talking about someone driving completely negligently going 20mph over the speed limit of drinking & driving, those aren’t accidents, more close to intentional neglect. 

I've had a few near-misses myself.  Not fun.  Maybe this is a good reason for self-driving cars?  If you would rather be on your phone (or drinking or whatever) than paying attention to the traffic like a responsible driver then Tesla has a car for you!  :)   Gotta be a better idea than letting some of these people get behind the wheel.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, efaardvark said:

I've had a few near-misses myself.  Not fun.  Maybe this is a good reason for self-driving cars?  If you would rather be on your phone (or drinking or whatever) than paying attention to the traffic like a responsible driver then Tesla has a car for you!  :)   Gotta be a better idea than letting some of these people get behind the wheel.

Would never work around here. I can't imagine a self driving car being able to safely trailer a boat. I don't think self driving cars are the answer. People who learned to drive in NC typically are very safe drivers, yet all my Virginia friends act like getting their first ticket (among many) for reckless driving was a rite of passage. Education and attitudes about driving is what really changes things. Like most people down South don't want to drive through NJ, because of the NJ drivers.

• Useful 1

1 hour ago, Beocat said:

Would never work around here. I can't imagine a self driving car being able to safely trailer a boat. I don't think self driving cars are the answer.

Ah.. that’s a true point. I’ve seen some people come off from a boat party (or possibly a constant life party) and drive away with their boat. 

I do like the idea @efaardvark had, for the majority of people, it may very well be a solution to cut down on  reckless driving 

2 hours ago, Beocat said:

I can't imagine a self driving car being able to safely trailer a boat

There's already self-driving big-rigs.  I'm sure they could make one that could handle a boat or other trailer, if there isn't one already.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Just now, SativaNekoPripyat said:
  • The fact which annoys me is that I can't teleport. 

Yep.. that’s super annoying. That and not being able to fly already... like what are these robot mechanics doing? Shouldn’t we all have iron man suits by now 😝

• Like 1
  • Silly 1

Self driving cars is just a bad idea, they can't think like humans you can't program them to have a conscience. They can't stop on a dime if someone is going to jaywalk in front of them or a kid tries to run in the street, or even a animal runs in front of you. Also if a handicap person might go into a seizure, or have a stroke while riding in one of these and might die. Bad drivers should just have their car taken away for like a month. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, The History Kid said:

I will take a hard pass on the teleportation.  I am not fond of the idea of having an arm for a face and my face on what used to be my shoulder when the machine acts up.

Thats the least of your problems, watch the fly with jeff goldblum. It shows the real horror of teleporters

12 hours ago, Serge heartless said:

Thats the least of your problems, watch the fly with jeff goldblum. It shows the real horror of teleporters

Like possibly ending up inside someone else or partially in a building or something? OuchSss

21 hours ago, SativaNekoPripyat said:
  • The fact which annoys me is that I can't teleport. 

100% agreement on this. Time spent getting from where I am to where I need/want to be is always an annoyance

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seshi said:

Like possibly ending up inside someone else or partially in a building or something? OuchSss

Or like going...."Diagonally" ;)

What annoys me are bills. I pay them one month and yet they just reappear the next! Oof. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Serge heartless said:

Self driving cars is just a bad idea, they can't think like humans you can't program them to have a conscience. They can't stop on a dime if someone is going to jaywalk in front of them or a kid tries to run in the street, or even a animal runs in front of you. Also if a handicap person might go into a seizure, or have a stroke while riding in one of these and might die. Bad drivers should just have their car taken away for like a month. 

They may be like that now, but with how AI research is going, self driven cars will be superior to human drivers at some point. Though I still don't like the idea of it and would much rather drive myself. Too much reliance on technology seems like a bad idea to me~

What annoys me is performing damage control everytime my grandparents use their computer...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seshi said:

It shows what happens when something teleports with you, like a fly. And you DNA merges with it, turning you into a monster. 

On 6/25/2019 at 2:05 PM, Serge heartless said:

Self driving cars is just a bad idea

Agree with this as well. What’s particularly troubling is when you point out the very real safety and security concerns the solutions they propose are the same as the ones for older technology that still haven’t proven effective. Invariably the final argument is “Well it’s going to happen whether you like it or not so just accept it or get left behind”. THAT’S annoying.

I think if self-driving cars ever get to the point where they cause less accidents than humans, there is not too much left against them. Main problem I see then is what exactly we program into them given difficult decisions such as killing the passengers or the pedestrians.

(would you guys be interested in debating this in a new thread? I don't mind debating it here, but other posts seem to be overlapped by it)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

I think if self-driving cars ever get to the point where they cause less accidents than humans, there is not too much left against them. Main problem I see then is what exactly we program into them given difficult decisions such as killing the passengers or the pedestrians.

(would you guys be interested in debating this in a new thread? I don't mind debating it here, but other posts seem to be overlapped by it)

That would be a very fun topic I think, though I may or may not be too lazy to join in~

@Serge heartless What you are thinking of is not true AI. 

Edited by SanguineTear