What is your favorite book?

Ciara

One title is fine.. but I know a lot of people can't choose just one.

My favorite book EVER is Wuthering Heights. I can't really explain why because the main female character pissed me off, but the character made me realize a lot of things about passion vs stability in love.

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. A novel we studied in Year 9 at High School. Sci-fi, space academies, fear of invasion, young fleet commanders in training with a bizarre twist at the end. ;)

59e216f35fcbd_Ender27s_game_cover_ISBN_0312932081.jpg.89b476fd099e2aa4ebeac66d24e85feb.jpg

And it looks like a film adaption is being made for a 2013 release!

Well, i don't really read much but when I manage to pick up a nice book that I enjoy, I can re-read it over and over again.

One example is the Harry Potter series. I know lots of people around me who don't really like the series but somehow it has been one of the few series that has been able to capture my interest.

Another book I read was this book called "cut" by stephenie Meyers. Its a non-fiction book telling the story of the author who's a foster parent taking in this particular boy called Tayo and it talks about his life under her foster caring.

Then there was this book called "Chinese Cinderella". Also a non-fiction book that talks about the author life as she grew up. There was a so-called "prequel-sequel" to it which talks alittle more on her childhood and more on her life after where the first one left off but it didn't managed to capture my interest.

Fab, Chinese Cinderella was fantastic :) I remember reading both books when I was 15.

As for myself, it is difficult to pick a favourite book when I have read so many in my life time. It is easier for me to mention books that have a lasting impression. These include the Tomorrow series by John Marsden, the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella, A Lesser Evil, Trust Me, Belle & Charlie by Lesley Pearse (who is fast becoming my favourite author) and of course Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer.

• 2 years later...

My favorite book was actually Fahrenheit 451. This book is really great and it has good characters and plot. I was like amazed that I was actually liking a book compare to the others. xD.

Let's see, my favorite book is probably the second book in the Hunger Games trilogy, Catching Fire. To believe it or not, this was actually assigned reading for one of my English classes, and this was back before the series was gaining popularity.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. A novel we studied in Year 9 at High School. Sci-fi, space academies, fear of invasion, young fleet commanders in training with a bizarre twist at the end. ;)

59e2170537592_Ender27s_game_cover_ISBN_0312932081.jpg.2f3c8fa435fae8b97f6b9d86cddaf145.jpg

And it looks like a film adaption is being made for a 2013 release!

Im actually reading that rn xD

As for me, My favorite book would be "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelo

I don't really read much. Of the books I read, my favorite was Mass Effect: Revelation, and I didn't even like it that much.

I mostly read comic books in the past. My favorites were the Spider-Man books, one of the few comics I had actually read.

I love J.K Rowling's novel Harry Potter and Pretty Little Liars by Sarah Shepard. I love mysteries that's why PLL Is on my top list. Also The fault in our stars and Paper Towns both by John Green

I love everything from Trudi Canavan :P , I also really enjoyed the Pellinor series by Alison Croggon , the Divergent series by Veronica Roth (before it got a movie) , The Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima and Most of Raymond E. Feist's books as well .

as you can probably tell I like fantasy and some romance and I don't like anything in a remotely modern setting , except divergent (what can I say it was a good series).

If you know any good series or trilogies ( for some reason I love trilogies) please let me know about them.

My favorite book series: The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini.

I'm a little obsessed with dragons. I can't wait for Book Five of the Inheritance Cycle <3

• 8 months later...

My favorite books are...

1. The Catcher in the Rye
  2. Lord of the Rings
  3. The Hobbit
  4. The Giver
  5. Interview with the Vampire
  6. The Vampire Lestat
  7. Queen of the Damned
  8. Pandora
  9. War of the Worlds
  10. The Invisible Man
  11. Moby Dick
  12. Dracula

13. 10,000 Leagues Under the Sea
  14. Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire

15. Alien vs Predator
  16. Terminator: Rising Storm
  17. Jurassic Park
  18. The Lost World
  19. Battle-Field Earth

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I think that my favorite book is Thud by Terry Pratchett. I went into it expecting something silly, and I left it feeling... Well, moved.

It was something silly, but it was also something that was gripping, raw, and unintentionally passionate. Not quite what I expected from comedy fantasy. Clearly, I was an idiot.

Since then, I've read all of Terry Prachett's other books. Just throwing this out there, but he's my favorite author. I cried like a bitch when he died. It was just so fucking unfair.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

My favorite book is Sacrifices by Weston Kincade.

The A Life Death trilogy has been around since the author started writing, but the second title did not live up to the quality of the first one, and it really disappointed me.

Fortunately, Sacrifices, the last book in the trilogy, felt like a true sequel to the first book, especially because I could tell that it was passing the baton to the next generation, whereas the first book was a coming-of-age story.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The Samurai Novel series by Chris Bradford.  As far as i know, the books shown down below are just two of 9 parts. I remember reading the fourth & fifth part when it was published back then approx. 5 years ago. 9th part is supposed to be published next year.

41T1JaWMyxL._SX356_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg41VqKDP7jjL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Edited by Muco

• 3 weeks later...