Do you know this anime movie?

sinofsarrow

As a small kid, I vividly remember watching a very messed up anime, though how many times I try to find it nothing comes up. Most search results keep coming up to Howl's Moving Castle but I just know that's not it. I thought an anime forum would be more help than google so I thought to share it on here because the memory of this movie as a 3 or 4-year-old keeps coming back.

Most of the movie in my head is blurry but I remember a couple of specific moments. The anime, in general, was very gloomy and had not many bright colors, most of the scenes I remember either had cloudy weather or it was raining as I remember it. The main character (male) had black or dark blue hair. I remember a specific scene of him walking on a stone street with the horrifying house walking behind him.

Then there was a scene that really scarred me. It was probably a couple minute-long scene of a clearly unstable person in an almost empty and dark room. He stood on a chair with his head in a noose, except he didn't commit suicide just yet. I remember a person bringing him a bowl of soup or porridge and they laid it on the floor beside the chair though they never helped the unstable man. A day later he suddenly walks off the chair and starts moving like a fish out of the water due to the suffocation. I don't remember whether he was bald or even if his face showed but I remember this scene. I don't remember anything else like what channel it was on or any other detail, heck sometimes I doubt if it was just a nightmare or not even an anime. But if anybody has ever seen it, maybe you could help me out?

Sometimes when we're younger we can mix up memories of different things. On that note are you sure you're not mixing up the anime with a different one? The 1st part does sound like Howl but I dunno about that 2nd part about hanging lol

• Agree 1