Your Favorite Cosplays

Seshi

I’ve done a few cosplays in the past, my favorite being Sakura from Naruto. I just got so much community involvement from that one. There were events going on JUST for the Naruto cosplayers.

The best ones though I think are the more rare/ unique cosplays that when you meet someone from the same game or anime there, you have that bond.

This happened when I cosplayed as a chara from Assasins Creed, and met a fellow Assassin who passed me some of their wares for free, just because we had that “brotherhood” 🤣 It was fun. I also enjoyed randomly throwing coins out of my pocket lol

What are some of your experiences and favorite cosplays?

• Like 2

@Seshi  Well, I started a new job at the beginning of April so I didn't plan to go to the Con this year (just as well).  That said, my favorite kid's cosplay is probably the Kiki outfit from Kiki's Delivery Service.  Everytime I'm at a con and I see a family who dressed their little girl up as Kiki it always makes me go "Awww!!!!" There was the kid who dressed up as Pikachu at one con too.  He was at a dance-off and they played the Pokémon themesong for them to dance too.  I bet you can all guess who won that round lol.  Other than that, there are too many good costumes to choose.  One year, most everyone was going as a scout from AoT which is a pretty impressive setup to make, but I also like seeing Dr. Whos, Sailor Scouts, and all.  I've never really picked a favorite...every new cosplay is a new "Whoa! You made that!? You have talent!" for me :)

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

14 hours ago, Beocat said:

@Seshi  Well, I started a new job at the beginning of April so I didn't plan to go to the Con this year (just as well).  That said, my favorite kid's cosplay is probably the Kiki outfit from Kiki's Delivery Service.  Everytime I'm at a con and I see a family who dressed their little girl up as Kiki it always makes me go "Awww!!!!" There was the kid who dressed up as Pikachu at one con too.  He was at a dance-off and they played the Pokémon themesong for them to dance too.  I bet you can all guess who won that round lol.  Other than that, there are too many good costumes to choose.  One year, most everyone was going as a scout from AoT which is a pretty impressive setup to make, but I also like seeing Dr. Whos, Sailor Scouts, and all.  I've never really picked a favorite...every new cosplay is a new "Whoa! You made that!? You have talent!" for me :)

Cosplay is like a whole new world :) I know a few people who cosplay as the Flash, Iron Man, various characters from the Walking Dead. And one of my friends has a DMC cosplay which I love :) 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

My favorite cosplay so far has been as Luka Megurine from Vocaloids Magnet.

I love having pink hair and tend to gravitate to those characters haha

I didn't fully make my cos but ended up thrifting and altering most of it.

The headphones I purchased online and they were pretty cheap. That being said it was my second time ever doing it and it made me confident enough to want to try again and improve. (Plus the con I go to is super positive when it comes to cosplayers new or old).

I also got to meet Yuu Asakawa that day ^^; I'm a bad con go-er. I don't pay attention to events as much as I should. So I was very excited hahah.

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone, I'm Wolfe 🐾✨ I just joined the fourm and I've been cosplaying for two years and have two complete cosplays. 

I'm a huge fan of school / slice of life type of animes. I've been to Holmat 2019 and plan to bring Velma and (hopefully) Ron Weasley / year 3 to that con. Here's some of Velma, so proud of her! 🧡✨

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's dope when you get to connect with a community of people who share the same interests as you. I gotta say though, your Assassin's Creed cosplay sounds lit! That bond you formed with a fellow assassin is what it's all about. That ""brotherhood"" is real!
As for my favorite cosplay, it's gotta be my Goku cosplay from Dragon Ball Z. It was so rad to be able to embody one of my childhood heroes, and I got to throw some serious Kamehameha's! It was an unforgettable experience.

On 4/7/2023 at 9:27 AM, eliyasuzekeri said:

It's dope when you get to connect with a community of people who share the same interests as you. I gotta say though, your Assassin's Creed cosplay sounds lit! That bond you formed with a fellow assassin is what it's all about. That ""brotherhood"" is real!
As for my favorite cosplay, it's gotta be my Goku cosplay from Dragon Ball Z. It was so rad to be able to embody one of my childhood heroes, and I got to throw some serious Kamehameha's! It was an unforgettable experience. That's probably why I love stuff from dragon-vibe.com so much.

I also loved my Harley Quinn cosplay from Suicide Squad. I mean, who doesn't love Margot Robbie's portrayal of her? It was a blast to put my own spin on it and have some fun with it.