Who else heard the news?! A brand new Dragon Ball anime written by AKIRA TORIYMA will be debuting in 2 months!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-28/dragon-ball-gets-1st-new-tv-anime-in-18-years-in-july/.87608

It will be taking place after the events of Resurrection "F"! This is so kewl! x3

Man, they are sure rebooting a lot of anime these days - Doraemon, Sailor Moon, Digimon, and now Dragon Ball.

I find this interesting and I definitely want to see it. At least Toriyama will be more involved and maybe we can consider this a true sequel to DBZ, unlike DBGT.

Man, they are sure rebooting a lot of anime these days - Doraemon, Sailor Moon, Digimon, and now Dragon Ball.
Doraemon has been airing on and off since the early 1970s (1973)....wouldn't consider it a reboot. The second series aired from 1979 - 2005. It then picked up again in 2005 and still airs to this day. There have also been about 35 or 36 movies released in theaters...so yeah, definitely not a rebooted series as it's always consistently been around since 1979.

Akira is doing the story and character designs. Unless I'm mistaken he's even the one that pitched the idea in the first place. This is awesome, just so awesome!

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Well...

I am all for this! haha I just hope it is better than GT. I didn't care much for that one. I do like most of the movies which I thought was going to be the result of this anime but a new series might be a good thing.

Edited by Guest
  • Geano locked this topic