What Anime’s would you like to see get a reboot/remake?

Seshi

There are so many great anime of the past that have their own charm, but watching them alongside newer anime may dim their shine, and cause their glory to slip away into the depths of the past.

Some anime that could benefit from a reboot in my opinion would be those that either have a messed up or unfinished story (deviated from the manga) or those with severely outdated color and graphics. 

Some of my favorites that need a remake are Rurouni Kenshin, and Inuyasha, which could benefit greatly from an updated look, and I believe could become popular anime once again, as they were in the past.

Because both of these anime are set during past time periods, they could be updated without changing the image of the anime.

What do you think?

Edited by Seshi

Reboot/ remake isn’t the same thing 🙊 

I see.. reboot had a subtle difference in if the series already has good storyline and quality it just needs to be “remastered”. And if the series had a crappy storyline, deviating from the source or otherwise could be done better - it needs a reboot, like Claymore. Claymore needs a mad reboot. Inuyasha and Rurouni Kenshin could arguably go about their stories in a more straightforward way and also get a reboot, but a remastering would be just as good IMO.

I think the best part about reviving an old series,  whether it’s a reboot or remake is, the audience of new will get to see new promo materials, and hopefully lots of merch.

9 hours ago, Wedgy said:

Holy melons, thanks for reminding me this existed. It was one of my favourites and it's been 15 years. I don't even know if I finished reading it. Last I knew there was this character named Argentine. 

My bestie made this for me in middle school 🤗 still have it all these years later5485F19B-40A3-47C0-BAD8-EEEC6B68AD3F.thumb.jpeg.14bcdcd24561717891353628e139eaa8.jpeg

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I'd like this one to be remade to be more like the manga version.  I'm not usually into the sports-themed anime, but I read the manga first on this and was intrigued enough that I tried the anime.  The anime wasn't totally bad, but what's there could certainly use a makeover, and it definitely needs to be completed/caught up to the manga!

I’d mentioned it in other topics, but I would like to see Battle Angel Alita get a full anime adaption as the old 2 ep OVA barely scratched the surface & it was one of the few manga series I was really into.  While I wasn’t a fan of the live action movie, it did seem to get some positive attention, so maybe it could happen.

Edited by Ohiotaku

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see Bones finish Darker than Black as the second season was so obviously left with the intention of further continuation. I doubt it will ever happen mind you, what with it being 10+ years old now. It's one of those things that if I ever win the lottery, I'll be shooting a cheque their way to finish it 😅

• Like 1